oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

At Millwall? We were outplayed for 87 minutes by a very average Millwall side that won’t finish any higher than mid table this season.

That very average Millwall side is the exact side that finished only 4 points behind us and they've lost no players. Have some perspective ffs. :funny:

So being outplayed by a team that finished behind us last season is a good thing?

When we where without Adama and Gibson I think a 2-2 draw isn't all that bad. Ayala also injured along with McNair our new signing. They had the exact same team, ours will take time to adjust and gel and we'll get flying.

We got a 2-2 draw but anyone watching that game could see we didn’t deserve anything from that game. The 2 late goals papered over some major cracks. We were completely outplayed for practically the whole game.

I agree we were terrible, I was there sadly enough but the team showed real grit and determination to turn the game round. A few individual errors made that game a lot worse than we actually were.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Because every team in this league is better than Sheff Utd? They only finished 7 points behind us last season. Can't please some fans.

Yeah but that team on Tuesday night was nothing like the one we played against in either game last season to be fair.

Compared to the team we played at their ground it's only the keeper, a CB and ST different and we lost that day 2-1. We even had Traore, Gibson, Ayala and Besic playing that day.  :omg:

The team itself isn't the same, not the players.  It's miles away from what they were for whatever reason.

I do apologise for my negativity this evening and for anyone I’ve bitten back at. I’m honestly just extremely disappointed and don’t understand what has happened and can’t quite believe that we’ve let our 3 fans’ favourites go without adequately replacing any of them whilst also not addressing many of the other problems we had prior to the summer.

Anyway, it’ll pass and I’m sure come Saturday we’ll all be back shouting on the Boro. For now, I’m off to bed in a bad mood to sleep it off.

Indeed. The players weren't anywhere near as competitive. As some have said, probably a momentum thing after being promoted which made those players look better than they actually are. After all, how many of those individual players would be genuinely wanted by other teams chasing promotion?

I saw an incredibly poor Sheffield United that made us look like Brazil.  I also saw Millwall tear us to pieces for 75/80 mins on Saturday.  

The current squad has zero width or creativity, we'll be sussed soon, and all will set up against us limiting us to long balls and set pieces.  Not ideal .

Sheffield United were very poor but we still scored 3 goals. Lighten up ffs.

Yeah you're right, we'll just ask to play them every week then .  FFS.

Because every team in this league is better than Sheff Utd? They only finished 7 points behind us last season. Can't please some fans.

Sheff United & Millwall over achieved last season, and I'm confident they'll be in the bottom half of the league come May 2019.  So confident I'll bet you right here, £250 good enough want to take a screen shot if you agree?

Our complete inability to beat teams in the top 6 last year was a major factor of us not going up. You need quality against quality or you fall short.  Looking at our squad and the squads of others I reckon we'll fall short once again.

I'm supplying my honest opinion, and beaming light as a million candles, so don't need to lighten up FFS .

I'm not disagreeing that they did over achieve but this is still only 2/3months ago. Do you expect us to be leaps and bounds above them 2 games into the season? We got 4 points and on paper from those games you'd easily take that.

I agree it was a huge downfall of ours but Pulis in part changed that and made us compete in most of those games bar the Villa play off games. I don't believe we will fall short as Pulis has the whole season.

I appreciate your opinion but we have just beat Sheff Utd 3-0 and you can't take a positive from it.

Yeah but that team on Tuesday night was nothing like the one we played against in either game last season to be fair.

Compared to the team we played at their ground it's only the keeper, a CB and ST different and we lost that day 2-1. We even had Traore, Gibson, Ayala and Besic playing that day.  :omg:

The team itself isn't the same, not the players.  It's miles away from what they were for whatever reason.

I'd agree with that, fair point.

I do apologise for my negativity this evening and for anyone I’ve bitten back at. I’m honestly just extremely disappointed and don’t understand what has happened and can’t quite believe that we’ve let our 3 fans’ favourites go without adequately replacing any of them whilst also not addressing many of the other problems we had prior to the summer.

Anyway, it’ll pass and I’m sure come Saturday we’ll all be back shouting on the Boro. For now, I’m off to bed in a bad mood to sleep it off.

We all just want the same thing. Boro back in the Prem, we'll soon find out who's right and who's wrong.

As long as we end up back in the Prem I don't care if I'm right or wrong. Like you say come Saturday let's hope The Riverside is bouncing, the players if anyone deserve it this is not any of their doing.

I think the fans need to realise what we can do without these big name players as shown at Millwall and Sheff Utd. Our support at Millwall no doubt helped them get back a point. If fans start getting on the back of the team its laughable I think.

At Millwall? We were outplayed for 87 minutes by a very average Millwall side that won’t finish any higher than mid table this season.

That very average Millwall side is the exact side that finished only 4 points behind us and they've lost no players. Have some perspective ffs. :funny:

So being outplayed by a team that finished behind us last season is a good thing?

When we where without Adama and Gibson I think a 2-2 draw isn't all that bad. Ayala also injured along with McNair our new signing. They had the exact same team, ours will take time to adjust and gel and we'll get flying.

I think I have you figured now Mackie, come on own up, you have been employed by Steve Gibson as a PR consultant to put a positive spin on all negative social media comments. How much are the club paying you, is this where the missing millions have gone ?

I saw enough of Sheff Utd on Tuesday to think they'll struggle this season, they looked really poor.

We were saying at the match that winning so comfortably might lull some people into thinking we don't need to strengthen. I hope that hasn't happened to Steve Gibson.

Although things could change in the loan market we've currently got:

No natural right back in the club, no left back cover, no pace in the team, no natural wide players (and Pulis usually prefers to play with wingers) and we're relying on Hugill coming in and scoring goals even though he's never been prolific.

I think I have you figured now Mackie, come on own up, you have been employed by Steve Gibson as a PR consultant to put a positive spin on all negative social media comments. How much are the club paying you, is this where the missing millions have gone ?

Hahaha I've got to admit it does sound that way with a lot of what I'm saying lol. I just have huge faith, rightly or wrongly, in Steve Gibson. Will soon find out if I'm right to. But sadly the money isn't going into my pocket. :(

My primary concern with Hugill is he'll need people to give him the ball and he'll need runners around him. With the squad as it is, we'll need Braithwaite fit for every game, Stewey to put an extra few yards back into his pace, McNair to hit the ground running and Wing to basically never get tired.

Hahaha I've got to admit it does sound that way with a lot of what I'm saying lol. I just have huge faith, rightly or wrongly, in Steve Gibson. Will soon find out if I'm right to. But sadly the money isn't going into my pocket. :(

Hes the one man at the club I don't have faith in. I lost faith in him completely when he gave Steve Agnew the job of keeping us up.

I'm not saying his heart isn't in the right place but I've got no trust in him to make good decisions.

I saw enough of Sheff Utd on Tuesday to think they'll struggle this season, they looked really poor.

We were saying at the match that winning so comfortably might lull some people into thinking we don't need to strengthen. I hope that hasn't happened to Steve Gibson.

Although things could change in the loan market we've currently got:

No natural right back in the club, no left back cover, no pace in the team, no natural wide players (and Pulis usually prefers to play with wingers) and we're relying on Hugill coming in and scoring goals even though he's never been prolific.

Yeah I agree they most likely will.

I thought the same on Tuesday to that some people may believe we don't need to but it's a fact we need the bare minimum of cover in positions so I'm sure we'll be active in the loan window to sort those areas.

I don't think the sole responsibility falls on Hugill with Britt, Rudy, Braithwaite and Fletcher all in the club.