oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Well let us all hope that it does not include the player that has publicly ridiculed us if rumours are true

Which rumours are they?

Bolasie’s instagram story

I’d appreciate it if someone could translate it though :P

What the hell is that all about?

Do clubs not check to see if players are actually willing to play for them, before they persue them for a week?

Surely that’s page 1.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm assuming when he says 8 or 9 fell through he's including ones that we never managed to get accepted bids for, because if we've failed at negotiating personal terms with 8 or 9 players that'd be a new low.

Oh yeah you're right some of those 8/9 will be bids we got knocked back with.

Like when we tried to sign Millwall's best 2 players at half four in the afternoon. I wonder why they didn't accept our bid.

DOES ANYONE HAVE A SEVERE CASE OF DEJA VU THIS MORNING?!

Apologies for the capital letters, but I'm still in disbelief that we offered a combined total of £6m for two of Millwall's best players on deadline day. It's insulting to them and embarrassing for us - all so we could say 'we tried'.

Bolasie won't be coming here on loan. Why would he? He doesn't have to no matter what Everton say or do. It's Jese Rodriguez all over again.

It's clear now that Pulis is Mowbary 2.0. He's been brought in as a firefighter so the club can recover from Monk's disaster (Monk being Strachan 2.0).

What a strange unsettling end to a terrible transfer window for MFC. The club is paying the price for chopping and changing manager and strategy year on year. I wish they'd just come out and say it rather than put on a transfer deadline pantomime. I'd be much prouder of a club putting youth first, rather than PR first.

Still, UTB and all that. I'll be glad when the match rolls around and we can support the youngsters. Really want to see at least Wing and Tav starting and Chapman coming on.

We can only get 4 players maximum now anyway. Not the 7-8 quoted from above.

Only 5 can be in the match day squad. Hugill will be one of them. I imagine that Besic will be the 2nd.

Which only leaves us with 3 options. So where do we see the 3 options being?

RB - Martina

LW-

RW -

I think we have enough cover at CB, CM with Besic, and then ST.

Well let us all hope that it does not include the player that has publicly ridiculed us if rumours are true

Which rumours are they?

Bolasie’s instagram story

I’d appreciate it if someone could translate it though :P

What the hell is that all about?

Do clubs not check to see if players are actually willing to play for them, before they persue them for a week?

Surely that’s page 1.

I was under the impression that all clubs would check that at the very least, it would appear from some of our transfer targets that we don't (Jese, Bojan and Bolasie).

Only 5 can be in the match day squad. Hugill will be one of them. I imagine that Besic will be the 2nd.

RB - Martina

LW-

RW -

Why can we only get 4 players maximum now?

DOES ANYONE HAVE A SEVERE CASE OF DEJA VU THIS MORNING?!

Apologies for the capital letters, but I'm still in disbelief that we offered a combined total of £6m for two of Millwall's best players on deadline day. It's insulting to them and embarrassing for us - all so we could say 'we tried'.

Bolasie won't be coming here on loan. Why would he? He doesn't have to no matter what Everton say or do. It's Jese Rodriguez all over again.

It's clear now that Pulis is Mowbary 2.0. He's been brought in as a firefighter so the club can recover from Monk's disaster (Monk being Strachan 2.0).

What a strange unsettling end to a terrible transfer window for MFC. The club is paying the price for chopping and changing manager and strategy year on year. I wish they'd just come out and say it rather than put on a transfer deadline pantomime. I'd be much prouder of a club putting youth first, rather than PR first.

Still, UTB and all that. I'll be glad when the match rolls around and we can support the youngsters. Really want to see at least Wing and Tav starting and Chapman coming on.

If it was simply a case of acting as a firefighter we would have found a much cheaper option than paying 7 million for Flint or 5 million for McNair let alone spending 2 million on a loan for Hugill. Fair enough that he isn't given the same loose pursestrings as Monk (which isn't a viable solution in the Championship anyway). He is experienced enough to know that quality over quantity is better. 

This is the first time the window has been like this and I reckon it's taken a lot of getting used to by many clubs. Think a lot of clubs have been nervous about selling because noone actually knows how the coming loan window will pan out.

RB - Martina

LW-

RW -

I guess he is thinking about the matchday squad where we can only have 5 and already have Hugill. It makes sense though because why would we loan someone who can't get into the matchday squad. 3 will be enough though. A utility full back, Besic and a winger and then keep Braithwaite on board.

RB - Martina

LW-

RW -

I guess he is thinking about the matchday squad where we can only have 5 and already have Hugill. It makes sense though because why would we loan someone who can't get into the matchday squad. 3 will be enough though. A utility full back, Besic and a winger and then keep Braithwaite on board.

Think we will sell Braithwaite.... if he dident like to play under Pulis before, why wouldhe now when we are even worse..... :-P

RB - Martina

LW-

RW -

We need a minimum of two wingers, preferably cover for both fullbacks, ideally a CB and Besic. It makes sense because injuries happen.