oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Just keep scoring from set pieces and we'll be fine.

To be honest, this is going to be a massive weapon.

This I agree with. I also think that fans are more likely to support pulis now, there will be sympathy for him because we can all see he didn't get the squad he wants, and with our players he really doesn't have much of a choice of how to play them, So his style might not come under as much criticism.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@jamie-h I appreciate your talking about senior players, but don’t underestimate Chapman and Tav as widemen. Both England internationals from unfashionable Boro, I don’t think they’d let us down. I’d rather play them than get a kid from a top team just because they’re a bigger name.

even the first couple of games you can see already how much more a threat we are from long range free kicks and corners. tony working his preseason magic. even the long throws seem to be causing more panic. glad we are watching the opposition desperately defend from those situations.

good to keep defenders on their toes, more likely to exploit any lapses in concentration. like we already have done on several occasions, utterly ruthless so far.

Just throwing it out there but maybe the players we wanted who are attack minded and skillfull wanted to play in a team which plays the same way. Maybe - just maybe no matter what bids and deals we threw in they didn’t fancy tying the next three to 5 years of their careers to Pulis and the Boro - especially looking at how diabolical we’ve been for 12 of the last 14/15 years..

I’m usually first to blame the bucket of crap that’s our recruitment department but I can’t help thinking Pulis might not have the same “player attraction” factor that rival managers like Leeds, Derby and the like have brought in.

Seeing Leeds fans on Twitter crying with laughter that we shipped out Bamford and replaced him with Hugil kills me - not a swipe at Hugil as I love a local lad playing for us and I think he will die for the shirt while Bamford never gave me that impression, but now these rumours that Pulis was selling them all along and just fed us BS (surely under the guidance of Gibson) shows me what they think of the fans really - they just fob us off with PR crud and empty promises ( usually around season ticket sale time) I think they’ve got a great career in politics ahead of them if they wish as they’ve got all the credentials.

@jamie-h I appreciate your talking about senior players, but don’t underestimate Chapman and Tav as widemen. Both England internationals from unfashionable Boro, I don’t think they’d let us down. I’d rather play them than get a kid from a top team just because they’re a bigger name.

I mean Chapman's never made a senior league appearance and Tavernier's shown glimpses but besides quickness not sure I've seen enough to say he's ready to hold a wing down for us consistently?

I love our young players I think letting Callum Cooke go will be a mistake in a few years time but I guess for that position we rate Wing more highly, if we were Mogga era I'd say throw them in we're mid table anyway but unless one of them really takes the next chance Pulis gives them we need 2 wingers in the door ASAP I'd rather send Chapman back to Mogga for a season obviously not now but if we get another winger in I'd give Chapman a season scrapping for Blackburn see how he copes then get him back next summer aged 21 either ready to go or not. I've been *ckriding Deal Fry since he was 18 not sure it's a case of me ignoring our academy players I just think one's never made a league appearance and one filled in last year did ok but didn't pull up trees in fact I think Wing's shown more in one and a quarter league games than I've seen from either as of yet but he is 23 so I understand why that may be.

Looking at the players we tried to get in suggests Pulis wants 3 creative players, we had bids for bolasie, saville and Wallace, a lw, attacking midfielder and rw.

If we can loan 4 players, bolasie, besic, grujic, ojo and maybe even byram then I think we’re set to challenge.

We've already got Hugill so 1 of those would have to be left out of the squad on a per-match basis. Don't think we need Besic and another centre midfielder.

Grujic wouldn’t come anyway haha just like the idea of him and besic in midfield.

Can someone please tell me the loan rules I have seen all sorts of contradicting stuff

We can loan up to 8 players

We can have 5 in a match day squad

We can loan 2 from any one team plus 2 under 23’s

We have 1 loan player already Hugill

I expect we’ll try and loan 4 more.