oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

We’ve paid west ham 2 million to loan Hugill. 1,5 is definitely not too much to loan a 15 million rated player. It’s cheap. If we would buy him over 4 years that would be almost 4 million a season.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Was chatting to a lad in the ground yesterday who said Boro haven’t announced Martina as they are hoping the player and Everton can mutually terminate and he will sign for us on a free thus giving us room to get Besic and Bolasie on loan. Makes sense but don’t know if there is any substance to the process.

Was chatting to a lad in the ground yesterday who said Boro haven’t announced Martina as they are hoping the player and Everton can mutually terminate and he will sign for us on a free thus giving us room to get Besic and Bolasie on loan. Makes sense but don’t know if there is any substance to the process.

It does make sense. I assume Everton and Martina are both happy to terminate, but probably need to agree on the finances before they do.

It does make sense. I assume Everton and Martina are both happy to terminate, but probably need to agree on the finances before they do.

It doesn’t make sense as you can’t sign on a free unless you were out of contract when the window closed.

It doesn’t make sense as you can’t sign on a free unless you were out of contract when the window closed.

Is that still the case if our loan window is still open?

I would imagine so. We can’t make permanent transfers but only loan players contracted elsewhere.

I mean we've all known he's on the 75-80k a week range the whole time we've been linked not sure how big of a hurdle that'd be all of a sudden, I saw when Turkish clubs inquired about Bolasie on loan that Everton want a 1.5 million loan fee which is definitely a high number for a loan fee though. If he's too expensive and the wage share demands on Everton's part don't move we should move on there's a few other wingers out there but our rivals are also looking at the same things we are we can't be sleepwalking to the 31st here by the time we get there most of the better options will already be snapped up.

Turkish clubs are almost certainly out of the equation given the Turkish currency nosedived to the ground. 

Just look at the 1 year development of Turkish lira against US Dollars. https://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=USD&to=TRY&view=1Y

Some official in Galatasaray blamed Trump for their inability to act in the transfer window as the currency drop increased Galatasaray debt by 25 %.

I would imagine so. We can’t make permanent transfers but only loan players contracted elsewhere.

Incorrect. We can sign him on a free as long as Everton can release him before August 31st:

https://www.efl.com/news/2018/february/earlier-closure-of-transfer-window-agreed-by-efl-clubs/

In addition, EFL clubs will still be able to:

•  
  • Sign players on Standard Loan up to the 31st August 2018

• Sign players on Standard Loan up to 31st August 2018 with an option to agree a permanent transfer when the next window opens

• Register players who ceased to be registered with a club during the period up until 31st August 2018

• Transfer players OUT to a club in any League whose window is still open

Well then I stand corrected. Thank you my good man. Makes sense then.

Yeah it's pretty confusing having two deadlines, nobody seems to know which one signifies what, including the people who's job it is to know!

Interesting to see how many players linked on loan have played some part this weekend... top of my head Antonio, Snograss, Wood, Vokes and Ritchi

Don’t think any of those are viable options. Two of them started games and Snodgrass came on at half time. They are not going to let players go who are that close to playing.