oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

I just can't see it making any sense for Millwall, I've heard their fans say he's the best midfielder in the championship. If that is the case I can't see them getting anyone as good on loan.

They are skint though and I'm sure they could use the money.

Talk about clutching at straws..

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just can't see it making any sense for Millwall, I've heard their fans say he's the best midfielder in the championship. If that is the case I can't see them getting anyone as good on loan.

They are skint though and I'm sure they could use the money.

Talk about clutching at straws..

Why? They too are looking for additions to the squad and loaning/selling a key player would net them quite a big fee for their standard and help them improve in multiple areas. I know that in the ideal world all clubs would like to hang on to their best players but it's hardly clutching at straws expecting Millwall to accept an offer that will net them several million pounds in profit on a player they apparently paid less than 500k for a year ago.

There’s been a few moves in the EFL that have gone ahead as loan to permanent that have surprised me. Lee Evans being one.

Didn’t think championship teams would do that with each other but just shows that clubs still need money/players moving out.

Who are they after, like? I thought they were done with their business, to be honest.

Just read a quote this morning from their manager that they were looking for at least one attacker.

Lee Evans was also lined up for Wigan before the deadline but wasn't completed in time and that's happened because Shef Utd are getting Oliver Norwood from Brighton for £2m, both loan-to-buy deals that will be made permanent in January.

So... apparently Besic is heading to Swansea. Cue the meltdown.

Where is this coming from?

Whilst I admire Gibson/Bausor for sticking to their principles with Mo's agent, I feel like this was one of those where you just grit your teeth and pay the agent. It would have got Besic through the door and would have avoided all this only 2 loans from the same club.

So... apparently Besic is heading to Swansea. Cue the meltdown.

Is the source of this from Simply_EFC twitter account?

Yeah looks like it

It's just a random fan account with just 2,5k followers. Wouldn't worry about it although it's a bit weird that we haven't loaned him yet. Maybe Everton are just waiting to see if there is a European club ready to buy him.

Can't see anything to suggest it isn't someone simply looking for a bite from Boro fans, to be honest. Most their tweets are sourcing other journos and stuff. As far back as I went, this is the only tweet they've suggested that they know something.

It's just a random fan account with just 2,5k followers. Wouldn't worry about it although it's a bit weird that we haven't loaned him yet. Maybe Everton are just waiting to see if there is a European club ready to buy him.

I'm willing to bet we're still trying to buy him and thus probably still dealing with his agent's lofty demands.