oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

It's just a random fan account with just 2,5k followers. Wouldn't worry about it although it's a bit weird that we haven't loaned him yet. Maybe Everton are just waiting to see if there is a European club ready to buy him.

I'm willing to bet we're still trying to buy him and thus probably still dealing with his agent's lofty demands.

Maybe. I would suggest that the club put out some rumours that we are looking at other targets if his agent is still being a greedy ***. Andy King is someone I'd very much see on loan if Besic is proving difficult.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

when asked the other day if we were going to go back in for mo, pulis said something along the lines of "no idea you'd have to ask neil"

think that was him just keeping stuff close?

Maybe Besic has told his agent to find him another club.

I mentioned to Brunners over the weekend that I was told by someone we actually changed the goalposts in respect of the terms of his contract so that we could facilitate other potential signings. Probably not true but I'll be surprised to see the Besic thing happen now sounds like it's dead in the water.

I don't think we have any need for Besic. We've got Howson, Clayton, McNair, Leadbitter, Wing. It might not be creative enough but let's be honest, neither is Besic, he's a box to box midfielder who likes to run with the ball and get stuck in. He's good, but he's not the missing piece, for me.

Far more important that we get some full back cover and a right winger.

I don't think we have any need for Besic. We've got Howson, Clayton, McNair, Leadbitter, Wing. It might not be creative enough but let's be honest, neither is Besic, he's a box to box midfielder who likes to run with the ball and get stuck in. He's good, but he's not the missing piece, for me.

True fullback and wingers more important but leadbitter should be nowhere near the first team and wing's form will dip at some point so cover would be good

True fullback and wingers more important but leadbitter should be nowhere near the first team and wing's form will dip at some point so cover would be good

Agree with you both. More quality in the middle is certainly always welcome for depth but the other areas are more pressing. If there is only room for 3 more players I'd rather it was a full back that can cover both sides like Cuco Martina and two attacking players/wingers.

Sam Byram was a different case with a lack of competition for his signature to take him on loan. West Ham were forced to subsidise his wages to enable his move to Forest to go through. Byram is thought to earn £30,000 per week with Forest picking up around £18,000 per week of that for the season. The Hammers will make up the difference and again the Hammers are hoping he gets a lot of game time to increase his value for a possible sale next Summer.

Nicked off a link from fmttm from a West Ham site.

Sam Byram was a different case with a lack of competition for his signature to take him on loan. West Ham were forced to subsidise his wages to enable his move to Forest to go through. Byram is thought to earn £30,000 per week with Forest picking up around £18,000 per week of that for the season. The Hammers will make up the difference and again the Hammers are hoping he gets a lot of game time to increase his value for a possible sale next Summer.

Nicked off a link from fmttm from a West Ham site.

So this situation is what we are hoping for Bolasie

If Grant goes on loan then we'd need another CM but as Paddy can't break the starting 11 it doesn't seem to me to be that pressing to bring in another CM.

As people have said the wide positions are where we are still lacking, 2 wide players up top and fullback cover would be my immediate concern, after that we can add quality to other positions if it's available.

(Don't believe we moved the goal posts on anybody, what would be the point)

If we get Besic then fair enough, but if we don’t I’m not too bothered. I know a lot of it is luck with injuries etc but currently we have that position covered, we can always revisit it in January if needed.

Whether we think we NEED him or not, it doesn't matter. The manager has sold off his best players, raised money for the club and thinks this is the best way to strengthen. If we lose out on Besic (especially Besic, considering how highly he speaks of him) to rivals, after that awful transfer window, it could be a tipping point for him. I wouldn't blame him if he felt he was being lied to, said *** it and went home to his family.

Whether we think we NEED him or not, it doesn't matter. The manager has sold off his best players, raised money for the club and thinks this is the best way to strengthen. If we lose out on Besic (especially Besic, considering how highly he speaks of him) to rivals, after that awful transfer window, it could be a tipping point for him. I wouldn't blame him if he felt he was being lied to, said *** it and went home to his family.

You are assuming that TP isn't involved in the decision making, which personally i can't see being the case.