• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bags of potential but it's like the poor bloke is made out of glass. Hope he gets lucky soon :(

Middlesbrough have been turned down by Liverpool midfielder Marko Grujic, according to reports. Tony Pulis supposedly identified the Serbian as a top target after an impressive season on loan at Cardiff last year, but the 22-year-old rejected the chance to move to the Riverside Stadium (Evening Standard)

Does anyone else get the impression that what we have is what will be until January?

Had that impression since July, but we keep getting told well do a load of business late... that worked out well with the last deadline!

Does anyone else get the impression that what we have is what will be until January?

Had that impression since July, but we keep getting told well do a load of business late... that worked out well with the last deadline!

We will definately add. I can't believe otherwise as it's painfully clear that we need to boos the squad. It might not be our first choices but we will get additions. Lot's of players are probably holding out looking for a move to a more prominent league but as the deadline loomes they will want their immediate futures sorted. Think it'll probable be at least a week before we see something.

Nah pretty sure Pulis will be just as desperate as us to get some in, players and clubs will be hanging around until the end of the window to wait for the best deals though. I guess there is the chance that we have a disaster and our deals fall through on deadline day all over again.... but hopefully not!

We will definately add. I can't believe otherwise as it's painfully clear that we need to boos the squad. It might not be our first choices but we will get additions. Lot's of players are probably holding out looking for a move to a more prominent league but as the deadline loomes they will want their immediate futures sorted. Think it'll probable be at least a week before we see something.

That is the one thing that I'm least confident about and to be honest, I'm not sure whether it's for better or worse. We've not exactly got a good history of panic buying the next best thing. In need of a #10? Hey, Guedioura is available. Throwing your plan out the window and suddenly need a LW? Marvin Johnson's available for the right price.

TP doesn't seem to want to add to the squad if they aren't players he deems of the right quality that we need. So signing a LW/RW from League One or the lower reaches of the Championship isn't something I see him doing. Again, if that's a good or bad thing, I just don't know. At least the kids will get a game, hey?

Sooo, Danny Drinkwater has been told by Sarri that he has no future at Chelsea and needs to find himself a Championship club or a european club before the end of the month. If he can't find a club outside England or doesn't fancy moving abroad it looks like Championship football for him. If that is the case and the financial side can work out we need to at least test the water. If Chelsea are that desperate for him to leave they might be open to pay a large proportion of his wages.

It’s not for the lack of trying, but if players don’t want to sign for us, there isn’t a lot we can do.

We can’t afford to tempt them with massive wages like we used to and we are probably getting quite far down our list of options, to the point where they aren’t much better than our existing squad players.

But then again, no one really knows what is going on behind the scenes.

Sooo, Danny Drinkwater has been told by Sarri that he has no future at Chelsea and needs to find himself a Championship club or a european club before the end of the month. If he can't find a club outside England or doesn't fancy moving abroad it looks like Championship football for him. If that is the case and the financial side can work out we need to at least test the water. If Chelsea are that desperate for him to leave they might be open to pay a large proportion of his wages.

A Premier League player but I don't think he's the type of midfielder we need.

I remember him as a very busy midfielder with an eye for a pass and someone who can drive his teammates on. Probably too expensive anyway.

I remember him as a very busy midfielder with an eye for a pass and someone who can drive his teammates on. Probably too expensive anyway.

I think he’s exactly the midfielder we need. Like Howson but much better. Can’t half pick a through ball scores a goal or two and (as far as TP is concerned) does his defensive duties very well too