oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Sooo, Danny Drinkwater has been told by Sarri that he has no future at Chelsea and needs to find himself a Championship club or a european club before the end of the month. If he can't find a club outside England or doesn't fancy moving abroad it looks like Championship football for him. If that is the case and the financial side can work out we need to at least test the water. If Chelsea are that desperate for him to leave they might be open to pay a large proportion of his wages.

Good signing for Derby County, then.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Poland U21 coach claims ***nal's Krystian Bielik impressed Middlesbrough scout"

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/08/14/poland-u21-coach-claims-***nals-krystian-bielik-impressed-middl/

Tomasz Cwiakala

@cwiakala

Krystian Bielik (***nal) close to joining Charlton Athletic on loan.

Dunno if we were actually interested in him but just an update

Seen the comment about Snodgrass being at the game last night and was surprised to see he’d today commented on young Ste Walker’s Instagram saying he’d played well and took a good penanlty. Bit of a weird one for him to be there?

Seen the comment about Snodgrass being at the game last night and was surprised to see he’d today commented on young Ste Walker’s Instagram saying he’d played well and took a good penanlty. Bit of a weird one for him to be there?

Could be something in it but just to comment, when I did a corporate day last year against Villa (TP first game), snograss came up at the end of the match and was very very matey with a table of suited guys next to us (who were friends with virtually everyone at Boro ) and then with our players namely woody, leadbitter and Friend.

Could be something in it but just to comment, when I did a corporate day last year against Villa (TP first game), snograss came up at the end of the match and was very very matey with a table of suited guys next to us (who were friends with virtually everyone at Boro ) and then with our players namely woody, leadbitter and Friend.

His agent is local, same one as Downing, Gibson and a couple of the young lads who debuted last night...

It’s still a bit odd to travel from London to Middlesbrough on a Tuesday night to watch a first round Carabao game where just a few of the senior players were involved just because you know some of the players. #snoddyissigning

Sooo, Danny Drinkwater has been told by Sarri that he has no future at Chelsea and needs to find himself a Championship club or a european club before the end of the month. If he can't find a club outside England or doesn't fancy moving abroad it looks like Championship football for him. If that is the case and the financial side can work out we need to at least test the water. If Chelsea are that desperate for him to leave they might be open to pay a large proportion of his wages.

A Premier League player but I don't think he's the type of midfielder we need.

I remember him as a very busy midfielder with an eye for a pass and someone who can drive his teammates on. Probably too expensive anyway.

I think he’s exactly the midfielder we need. Like Howson but much better. Can’t half pick a through ball scores a goal or two and (as far as TP is concerned) does his defensive duties very well too

We’ve got much more pressing needs than another centre mid. He doesn’t really score goals and I don’t think despite his price tag he’s that great. I’d rather focus on some pace and width.

Drinkwater would be our best midfielder, I’d rather have got grujic and besic in but if we got drinkwater I don’t think we could complain. He’s pretty much leadbitter with far better technique.

I mean Drinkwater's on higher wages than Bolasie and the reason he didn't get a PL loan is Chelsea were demanding like a 6 million pound loan fee not so sure it's remotely realistic to be honest. Snodgrass stuff I guess depends on West Ham but you'd think Villa will be in for him if he's made available by Pellegrini our main problem in the loan window here might be Villa chasing all the same targets as us since they couldn't get Success loan over the line they're short a winger.

I'd love Aarons in that 2nd wideman spot we're looking to fill the Ojo kind of target because I think we'd have a better chance getting him than Ojo and if we keep him injury free he'll cause problems in this league.

dont really rate Drinkwater myself. thats totally regardless of the possibility or lack of, a loan to us being the main point in discussion.  think hes been yet another in a line of players being over hyped or over rated simply due to the fact that he was a graduate of one of the big clubs that stockpiled young talented teenagers .   he was a good fit in Liecesters title winning season but each side of that hasnt been anything above average when getting a run out.  besides its not the most pressing area we need to find additions to .

There can be no doubt that drinkwater is better than anything we have. We are obviously looking for a midfielder or we wouldn’t have bid 6 million for Besic and bid for Saville. Id rather have him than Besic that’s for sure. But as Tudders have said it’s very unlikely financially. But you never know. It’s certainly financially better for Chelsea to get a loan fee and part of his wages covered. It’s also better for him than sitting in the stands.

He isn’t hyped because of his history as a United youngster but because he was a dominant player in a title winning side.

Would we consider Drinkwater a box-to-box midfielder? I'm not so sure. Not doubting his talent at all, he should have gone to the Euros instead of Wilshere after all. But I think Drinkwater is a deep-lying player. We have enough of those. Besic showed he was capable of doing the box-to-box which is why I believe we're so keen on getting him. Certainly don't think he'd be replacing Clayton.

If we’re looking at besic as a box to box midfielder then I think we’re looking in the wrong place, last season he looked like a dm playing out of position, plenty of aggression but lacked the guile someone like Freeman, cairney or even Lewis wing seem to have.

I think howson gives us all we need in an All action box to box type player and what we lack is someone to provide that bit extra spark further up the pitch and I don’t think besic can.

Personally I’d rather Besic to Drinkwater as I think he has attributes that we are missing whereas Drinkwater possesses attributes that we already have, albeit better than what we already have. Undoubtedly Drinkwater would be our best midfielder and is probably a better player than Besic but he’s a better version of players that we already have. What we need in midfield is a bit of impetus, someone who can drive with the ball and commit the opposition when they are sat back into a solid formation. Drinkwater doesn’t offer you that. Besic does.