• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Fenerbahce link has been there for a while with Bolasie, since the middle of July at least. Wonder if it's a rehashed story to get us or Villa to budge or a genuine arrival to the negotiating table.

I'm really concerned now that we end up with nobody if not Bolasie. Regardless of whether he'd be successful or not, he represents a pretty ambitious move in the window and as others have said, there's a whiff of the move for Jese in it. We seem to be once again heading down this avenue with no alternatives because we believe he'd be such a coup and we also don't seem to be paying any attention to what the player seems to want.

You'd think we'd move on if the player didn't want to join us but again, we did the exact same thing with Jese and he waited out for Las Palmas to finally stump up an acceptable deal to PSG. Pulis has said he only wants players who want to be here, I hope Bolasie fits that bill.

The Fenerbahce link has been there for a while with Bolasie, since the middle of July at least. Wonder if it's a rehashed story to get us or Villa to budge or a genuine arrival to the negotiating table.

I'm really concerned now that we end up with nobody if not Bolasie. Regardless of whether he'd be successful or not, he represents a pretty ambitious move in the window and as others have said, there's a whiff of the move for Jese in it. We seem to be once again heading down this avenue with no alternatives because we believe he'd be such a coup and we also don't seem to be paying any attention to what the player seems to want.

You'd think we'd move on if the player didn't want to join us but again, we did the exact same thing with Jese and he waited out for Las Palmas to finally stump up an acceptable deal to PSG. Pulis has said he only wants players who want to be here, I hope Bolasie fits that bill.

There is all this talk of wanting 4-5 players in and I am worried that all we will end up with is one token signing on the last day to try to appease the fans and not spend money!

Can I just say this.

As much as club advertise the fact that a new signing will excite the fans. Under no circumstance is that the reason to sign them. All this chat of signing a player to appease the fans is nonsense imo. Steve Gibson has been doing this for 22 years now and he is not going to blow money on a player that we don’t really want or need just to keep us happy. Also I get the fact that TP is a no nonsense guy and he won’t tolerate players coming in that don’t improve the team or squad.

If we don’t get our intended targets that’s a different matter. But we won’t buy for the sake of it

Can I just say this.

As much as club advertise the fact that a new signing will excite the fans. Under no circumstance is that the reason to sign them. All this chat of signing a player to appease the fans is nonsense imo. Steve Gibson has been doing this for 22 years now and he is not going to blow money on a player that we don’t really want or need just to keep us happy. Also I get the fact that TP is a no nonsense guy and he won’t tolerate players coming in that don’t improve the team or squad.

If we don’t get our intended targets that’s a different matter. But we won’t buy for the sake of it

I didn't mean appease the fans with a big signing, just that we will likely end up with only one through the door with the club saying "we did try honest"

Birmingham Mail yesterday: Bruce wants Abraham and Bolasie they're his top targets

Birmingham Mail today: Through our own sources we understand Bolasie is unlikely to drop down to the Championship he wants to play at a higher level

Not sure what to make of that to be honest it's a bit like that Mirror story about Bolasie being resistant to it but at the same time maybe someone at Villa has told them Bolasie isn't looking likely for Villa anymore I have no idea.

Birmingham Mail yesterday: Bruce wants Abraham and Bolasie they're his top targets

Birmingham Mail today: Through our own sources we understand Bolasie is unlikely to drop down to the Championship he wants to play at a higher level

Not sure what to make of that to be honest it's a bit like that Mirror story about Bolasie being resistant to it but at the same time maybe someone at Villa has told them Bolasie isn't looking likely for Villa anymore I have no idea.

if that article is true, then it goes against Pulis saying he believes the players want to come to Boro, so Bolasie maybe no longer on the list targeted.