oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

@GraemeBailey

Middlesbrough close to sealing Yannick Bolasie loan deal - big breakthrough for Tony Pulis if they can get it done, still wants another four before end of the month - a new name on the radar is Jason Puncheon, and having Bolasie on board would only help in landing him too.

How many can we have in a squad though? 5?

Hugill

Bolasie

Besic

Doesn't leave a lot of spaces for other loans.

I believe it's 8 total, 2 over 23s from same team, 5 in matchday squad.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@GraemeBailey

Middlesbrough close to sealing Yannick Bolasie loan deal - big breakthrough for Tony Pulis if they can get it done, still wants another four before end of the month - a new name on the radar is Jason Puncheon, and having Bolasie on board would only help in landing him too.

Hugill

Bolasie

Besic

Maybe one or two free agents as well?

I mean TP loves a 3 man midfield which I'm assuming will be Besic and Howson with McNair/Wing just in front then Bolasie on the RW with Braithwaite on the LW in the usual TP 433/451 going to be interesting to see whether MB stays now Pulis has punted/hedged consistently on questions about him maybe he thinks we can just bring in a winger to replace him once we get Bolasie through the door since besides the first 40 mins of the Sheff game we don't really play with the #10 type role that MB is at his best in.

This is my biggest worry. Last season we stumbled on a winning formula when gestede got injured and TP was almost forced to play bamford.

The first 70 minutes against millwall was atrocious and the substitutes stole us a point. This almost forced TPs hand to play wing and a different system which has worked. My worry is that he gets a few of his targets in and it changes back to his original default system.

He has surprised me with his courage to change system and play some (not all) expansive football. For that I applaud him. I just hope it doesn't go back to punt-ball. I think Braithwaite playing in a (pretty much) free roll/no.10 is pivotal to our results. I think he needs to stay in that role.

Like both of these signings btw. But would prefer them in a 4-4-2/4-4-1-1

Hasn't Braithwaite drifted in from the left when he has played? I just think he has a bit more freedom to roam than a traditional winger. And when teams will have to pay attention to Bolasie too Braithwaite will exploit the gaps. As long as we don't become a one-man team like last season with Traore we will be fine.

@GraemeBailey

Hugill

Bolasie

Besic

Maybe one or two free agents as well?

I believe you can have as many loan players as you want but only 5 can be named in a match day squad

Puncheon in would suggest to me that Braithwaite is leaving.

Yeah that sounds like a plausible situation, although there hasn't been a mention in the danish press about any rumours. Think the last rumour was regarding Lazio a while back and now that the italian window has closed his options are getting slimmer. Bordeaux have also sacked Poyet so might not be interested anymore. There won't be many team able to pay 8-9 million for him.

If we get in Bolasie, Besic, Ward and Puncheon I think a lot of gaps will be filled I'd guess the last target would be another winger in that Ritchie/Ojo slot. Puncheon would come into that Wing type role then Ward at RB in a back four would push Shotton back to CB cover I think if we get them 4 in we would have a very strong lineup even without Braithwaite in it. I don't think I've seen Puncheon play wide for Palace for years every time I see him he's either a engine room #10 or plays in front of 2 holders as an advanced CM not sure he could still cut it on a wing but then again Downing can still do a job in the Championship at 34 so who knows.

Puncheon in would suggest to me that Braithwaite is leaving.

Yeah that sounds like a plausible situation, although there hasn't been a mention in the danish press about any rumours. Think the last rumour was regarding Lazio a while back and now that the italian window has closed his options are getting slimmer. Bordeaux have also sacked Poyet so might not be interested anymore. There won't be many team able to pay 8-9 million for him.

Yeh i suppose. I only say it because Puncheon either plays CM or CAM/out wide cutting in, we're absolutely stacked at CM if Besic joins as anticipated and Braithwaite basically plays all the other positions Puncheon does.

He has surprised me with his courage to change system and play some (not all) expansive football. For that I applaud him. I just hope it doesn't go back to punt-ball.

We have still been punting the ball up the field as much as we were before, as far as I can tell. The winning goals from our last 2 league games were scored from that exact kind of ball.

Where has the puncheon rumour came from?

Wasn't it a rumour from the permanent deadline day? I seem to remember someone said he rejected us on that day. Not seen a thing about it since, which would make sense if that report was accurate.