oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

hahaha they haven't watched much of Marvin Johnson

your not kidding, how on earth have they got their hopes up so much about him. he can barely get on our bench most weeks, thats when we have no wingers. he is'nt championship standard.

It says a lot that we'd sooner play Shotton as a wing back than give Johnson a start.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As much as I love Besic, it’s gonna be a little crowded in that area of the pitch now.. who’s your three out of Clayton, Besic, Howson, McNair, Wing and Leadbitter? Clayton, Besic and Howson for me, although I’m worried Clayton and Besic would be a little too defensive if played together.

Bolasie on the wing gives us options now, although it’ll be harsh to drop Downing or Braithwaite on current form!

Both be good signings mind. I’d love to see some cover at LB and RB.

You wouldn't drop downing or Braithwaite just yet. You give them enough rope. They play until they mess up. Besides bolasie and besic will need to regain match fitness so will be given a few substitute appearances at first.

your not kidding, how on earth have they got their hopes up so much about him. he can barely get on our bench most weeks, thats when we have no wingers. he is'nt championship standard.

It says a lot that we'd sooner play Shotton as a wing back than give Johnson a start.

To be fair, Shotton plays on the right and Johnson the left, so hardly the most fair of comparisons, but I get what you're going for.

As much as I love Besic, it’s gonna be a little crowded in that area of the pitch now.. who’s your three out of Clayton, Besic, Howson, McNair, Wing and Leadbitter? Clayton, Besic and Howson for me, although I’m worried Clayton and Besic would be a little too defensive if played together.

Bolasie on the wing gives us options now, although it’ll be harsh to drop Downing or Braithwaite on current form!

Neither Bolasie nor Besic should start right now. They are good options from the bench though and need to show something first.

To be fair, Shotton plays on the right and Johnson the left, so hardly the most fair of comparisons, but I get what you're going for.

Downing can play either side though

Might not mean much but Ian Murtagh's write up in the Mirror also says Puncheon and Targett are the next 2 primary targets so it seems like Bailey might be right on that one I think Puncheon makes sense he'd add consistent set piece ability as well if we get him in, for me he's the target that fills that Luke Freeman hole that Pulis sees in the squad where he can cover wide but also play that Wing role in front of 2 defensive mids.

Clayts besic and howson for me, clayts and howson have been on fire.

Neither Bolasie nor Besic should start right now. They are good options from the bench though and need to show something first.

I think they'll start on the bench too if we get them over the line.

I think they'll start on the bench too if we get them over the line.

They'll both be starting.  It may take a game or two but they'll both be first choice.

I think Sheffield united fans will be excited about Johnson because they will have seen and played against him in league 1, he's not really as bad as everyone makes him out to be to be honest... Never a £3m player mind.

If we get all these rumoured players I’d go for this team.

................Randolph

Shotton...Ayala...flint....targett

.................besic

.......puncheon...howson

Bolasie....................braithwaite

.................Britt

Surely its either or with Puncheon and Besic. No need for both of them with the emergence of Wing and Mcnair who hasn't kicked a ball yet really. 

Still need those fullbacks for me, especially on the left. Shotton may not be as big a problem if he has Bolasie in front of him. 

I'm hoping if Besic comes its to fight it out with Clayton for that holding spot, not enough threat with Howson/Besic and Clayton. Wing obviously isn't as polished as those players but hes been a breath of fresh air with his forward thinking play and I'd expect the same from Mcnair all be it in a different manner. 

Besic

Howson      Wing/Mcnair

Bolasie           Braithwaite

Britt

Claytons been one of best players so far and people want him dropped for someone who hasn’t even played that position for us, this place at times