oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Wan-Bissaka just picked up a straight red card - makes Ward unlikely you'd think.

I fully thought Ward was unlikely anyway personally. He's always in the matchday squad and plays plenty of football, and signed a 3yr contract extension a month ago. Martin Kelly would be a better bet.

Indeed. Being in the squad for a PL game probably rules you out of moving right now. Means he's a registered member of their 25-man squad.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's fine, clearly Pulis doesn't think much of McNair in that case unless he's coming in for Howson?  Wonder where all of that leaves Puncheon?

I think McNair was signed largely because he can play in so many positions. I imagine if we get all our targets, McNair will be on the bench more often than not when everyone's fit, as he's a good utility man to have. But it's a long season, I still imagine he'd make 20/30 appearances. It's a squad game, as we keep being told.

I think the only reason McNair isn't in the team is because he started the season injured. Wing's emergence as a capable player and Howson's great start is so far keeping him and probably will keep Besic out for the time being.

Regardless, as you say, he will play a lot of games for us this season unless he's absolute dog dirt. I hope he gets the chance to show what he can do rather than come on to see games out though. From what we've seen and heard about him, that's not what he's best at.

Anyone else think Besic's permanent  transfer fell through because he doesn't want to spend more than a year in the Championship?

His agent supposedly wanted to double Besic's wages and he (agent) wanted a 7 figure fee which is why the plug was pulled

Anyone else think Besic's permanent  transfer fell through because he doesn't want to spend more than a year in the Championship?

His agent supposedly wanted to double Besic's wages and he (agent) wanted a 7 figure fee which is why the plug was pulled

I'd prefer to think there is some sort of huge conspiracy that's been going on, all our backroom staff being switched with Lizard people etc...

If, as everyone is saying, Besic and his agent tried to basically rip us off, why are we happy to deal with them now, same people surely same problem. I think Besic is a cracking little player, but do we really need him, I would be tempted to take the negotiation with his agent to the eleventh hour and then halve our offer. Is this agent the same one who represents Ben Gibson by the way as the same thing happened over his proposed move to Southampton.

If, as everyone is saying, Besic and his agent tried to basically rip us off, why are we happy to deal with them now, same people surely same problem. I think Besic is a cracking little player, but do we really need him, I would be tempted to take the negotiation with his agent to the eleventh hour and then halve our offer. Is this agent the same one who represents Ben Gibson by the way as the same thing happened over his proposed move to Southampton.

I think the loan element takes the agent out of it. I don't think Mo was the issue.

If he has learned that we won't give into his demands then perhaps he has accepted that and then we are happy to take him. We have won the battle with his agent and getting him on terms we are happy with. There is probably plenty of players out there who could come in instead of Besic, but yeah I think we really need that extra bit of quality as I can't see Wing keeping his impressive form throughout the season and I really don't want Leadbitter to play. I'm not desperate for that addition to be Besic but him knowing Pulis, the club and a lot of the players certainly helps.

It wasn't Besic his agent tried to change things at the last minute and we basically told him to get notted as this is a loan his agent isn't involed now