oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Pulis certainly can’t be mad at the club if Bolasie doesn’t come. The club worked the numbers, got him here and gave Pulis a chance to sell the deal to him. If Bruce has done a better job then Pulis can blame himself. Choosing Birmingham for a temporary stay could also be a family decision. Huge shame as he would have given us something we are missing. Let’s hope he is as prolific for villa as he has been throughout his career and we find someone else.

This I think its purely down to geography more than anything

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well we brought him to Rockliffe, wined and dined him, confident enough to think it was basically tied up and let him go home to sort out final bits and pieces, only for Villa to pop up after we're "confident" of signing him.

You can probably see why people are a little gutted, even if you have to be your usual ambivalent self.

Ok and then he went to Villa and they did the same thing presumably?  We didn't let him go home or anywhere else, we had absolutely no control over his actions.  My usual ambivalent self as you put it is also known as rational behaviour.  Hence why a player choosing to go somewhere else, if indeed he even has, is met with a shrug of the shoulders.  We tried to get him but he chose to go to another club.  What else is there to say?

Rational behaviour is accepting he can go anywhere he wants (which I do) but still be a bit miffed that we seemed so close and have chased him for so long.

You, on the other hand, have your usual "why do you even care, I'm better than you" big boy pants on again, as usual.

It's alright to say we'll have other irons in the fire but will we? I don't really see a lot of options to be honest. Pulis won't bring players in for the sake of it. If we can't bring in a significant improvement to the players on our wings, I don't see us bringing any in at all. Marvin Johnson will be going nowhere for now, for sure.

Rational behaviour is accepting he can go anywhere he wants (which I do) but still be a bit miffed that we seemed so close and have chased him for so long.

You, on the other hand, have your usual "why do you even care, I'm better than you" big boy pants on again, as usual.

Where has that come from for God's sake?  I'm sorry, have my posts this evening been horrible or something?  Wtf?

I'll accept we're in an absolute *itshow if we go ahead and sell Braithwaite right now we're still in the game as far as we know for Puncheon/Targett/Ojo/Besic we were excited for Bolasie because of the chances he creates not necessarily the output he'd give us on the assist/goals chart there's probably targets out there who could do a job there I'll wait and see what names are next on the list if it's Musonda's then it's exciting if it's Lee Chung Yong then... less so?

If his old manager, day out at Rockliffe, our league position and a financial package that I'm assuming would have included for the permanent transfer clause a payrise in 12 months wasn't enough to convince him I honestly don't know what else we could have done here I really don't he just preferred Villa/Birmingham in the end then we move on bigger question is if all that wasn't enough to get a player ahead of Villa how on earth are we expecting Ojo/Targett to choose us over them?

Well in Ojo's case, if he goes to Villa he's competing with Kodija, Grealish, Adomah and Bolasie.

If he comes here he has to compete with Ryan Shotton.

Yet again money talks. Seems villa is more attractive financial package than us.

How can they I thought they were broke and in danger of breaching FFP?

I wonder if what is declared isn't including extra add ons off the record. The quote I got was we can't compete with what is offered from villa

Granted he is free to choose whichever club comes in for him but you can't help thinking that it's us whov'e done all the leg-work on the deal only for Villa to pop up at the last minute.

What leg work?  Contacting Everton to see if he's available, contacting his agent to see if he's interested?  After that what else are we likely to have done and Villa will have done exactly the same things as we have anyway.  Brighton apparently wanted McNair but he's here not there.  That's just how it goes sometimes.

You've reminded me why I don't bother posting on here that often. Some people are not happy unless they're having an argument.

I disagree

If his old manager, day out at Rockliffe, our league position and a financial package that I'm assuming would have included for the permanent transfer clause a payrise in 12 months wasn't enough to convince him I honestly don't know what else we could have done here I really don't he just preferred Villa/Birmingham in the end then we move on bigger question is if all that wasn't enough to get a player ahead of Villa how on earth are we expecting Ojo/Targett to choose us over them?

Well in Ojo's case, if he goes to Villa he's competing with Kodija, Grealish, Adomah and Bolasie.

If he comes here he has to compete with Ryan Shotton.

So much easier to get into the Villa team then

Trying to keep a positive mindset on it (hard coz it initially feels we lost out) it could be a slight blessing. Can’t help but think we ‘might’ have reverted back to how we played with Adama a bit and more 1 dimensional rather than the strong squad style game we seem to have developed with players who are prepared to give everything and have a vested interest in Boro winning games. Even Ojo gives slightly more reason with him being young and hungry to impress for the sake of his career.

If we had the chance of getting a fully fit and motivated Bolasie I'd be excited about getting him, I do wonder whether that's the case though.

For all his talent you do wonder why he's on the verge of dropping into the championship, I also wonder what he's been doing over the summer to be unfit in the middle of August.

Yet again money talks. Seems villa is more attractive financial package than us.

How can they I thought they were broke and in danger of breaching FFP?

They got bought out and had more money pumped into them.