oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

My worry with us is we chase these primary targets and they drag on then we lose out, I don't think we're at fault here, then we all usually sit here talking about who do we have lined up x, y or z then in the end we get a Marvin Johnson or Kei Kamara on the last day because we missed out on either Ryan Kent or Borja Baston respectively. Pulis just can not be happy right now the urgency behind the scenes will just begin getting more and more desperate over the next 9 days that's my only worry there is still targets on the board we surely can't lose out on all of them.

I'm still not so sure how I feel about Pulis' frustration on these matters. It certainly seems to be partly down to him that we left things so late, trying to get 7 or 8 players over the line on deadline day. It is, as I'm pretty sure he says, how he prefers to do business. Picking up the scraps is something he's been quoted saying a lot and we're not even doing that right now. I like the fella but it seems to me that he has a share of that criticism to take as well.

The scraps are still there on the table so we can't judge that just yet all the other 'primary' targets he wants are on the table still, we don't know the reaction to Bolasie yet whether we do have replacements for him lined up. Not sure it was Pulis who bid for Freeman then waited 3-4 days until 2pm on deadline day to bid an acceptable amount for him to me that made no sense maybe the triple bids for the Millwall players were his input it's no secret he wants bodies in and bodies out still time for that as well.

We're shopping at the high end of the market as we're reminded by Pulis there's always going to be competition for these targets which is why we should have been smarter and more active in the transfer window where you saw it be pretty uncompetitive in the Championship no one really splashed domestically, Villa held there new money back for loan fees/wages the relegated clubs focused on holding what they had mainly and we were our usual patient selves. I back Pulis because he's clear on what we need and we need 4-5 players to improve the first team and the squad it's the only way we go up I like what I've seen from Wing but he's not a Maddison type who's going to break double figures in goals/assists to help us we need better there and we really shouldn't get carried away with the quality of what we have Pulis isn't which is why he wants all these PL players to come in it aint to make up the numbers I think he sees about 3 gaps in our strongest line up that he wants to fill most of these targets we're chasing are for going straight in the team they're not squad players that's why we need to get over Bolasie quick and be a bit more urgent with other targets now.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My worry with us is we chase these primary targets and they drag on then we lose out, I don't think we're at fault here, then we all usually sit here talking about who do we have lined up x, y or z then in the end we get a Marvin Johnson or Kei Kamara on the last day because we missed out on either Ryan Kent or Borja Baston respectively. Pulis just can not be happy right now the urgency behind the scenes will just get worse, we'll begin getting more and more desperate over the next 9 days that's my only worry there is still targets on the board we surely can't lose out on all of them.

Bolasie has apparently chosen Villa over us after spending 2 days at Rockliffe and talking to Pulis. If Pulis wants to get mad maybe he should take a look in the mirror as it looks like Bruce has outdone him.

Conspiracy Alert.

Is it plausible Gibbo and Pulis at in a room and discussed the need to reduce Transfer fees and Wage bills.

They have agreed Pulis will publicly act as though he wants transfers whilst making the recruitment team the scapegoats.

Granted, the recruitment team can't be blamed for Bolasie, CAN THEY!!??

So we have missed out on what must be nearly 8-10 players if all speculation is to be true... so I would love someone to come out and say why it’s not happening...im no longer buying the theory it’s to do with the area... yes I maybe barking up the wrong tree but something doesn’t feel right.

Who are the 8-10 players?

Conspiracy Alert.

Is it plausible Gibbo and Pulis at in a room and discussed the need to reduce Transfer fees and Wage bills.

They have agreed Pulis will publicly act as though he wants transfers whilst making the recruitment team the scapegoats.

No.

Conspiracy Alert.

I reckon instead of treating him to a spa weekend in Rockliffe, they just took him into the broom cupboard and slapped him around a little  :nervous:

So to summarise.. we let Martina join Stoke because we thought Bolasie and Besic had both agreed verbally... Bolasie joins Villa and Besic is MIA. I love being a Boro fan and wouldn’t have it any other way.... sigh

We didn't let Martina join Stoke, he chose to join Stoke because we clearly weren't prepared to sign him at that point in time while we still had a chance of signing Bolasie and Besic.

Of course hardest hit by todays developments are Sheffield United fans who it looks likely will miss out on the chance of seeing Marvin 'Worldie' Johnson at the weekend let's all spare a thought for what they're going through but like us they still have hope in the window so hope is not lost Blades fans keep the faith...

Wallace, Saville, Bolasie, Bryan, Gruic.

Can't put Besic, Targett on that list yet. But there's bound to be others I have missed

EDIT: Waghorn

I'm not convinced we were ever really that interested in Grujic, and the two Millwall lads had bids turned down by the club, not the players themselves refusing to come here or choosing to go elsewhere.

Conspiracy Alert.

No.

Money isn't an issue for us we were prepared to put down 28 million in future transfer fees alone on Bolasie, Hugill and Besic not to mention those scattershot bids on deadline day Bolasie just chose Villa all there is to it and on Joe Bryan OK he originally chose Villa over us but Fulham still would have came in late for him even if he was further up the M1 at Rockliffe. Waghorn was the only player we missed out on that we could have got if we upped the money on the table, Bolasie did what Mitrovic did in January he chose a different destination it's just the way the loan market goes I mean last year we chased Ojo and Kent for a month straight lost out on both of them a year later it's Bolasie and Ojo we're chasing at least we're still in the game for one of them got to just wait and see now on Puncheon/Besic/Targett/Ojo.