oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Just seen a bit in the echo says we offered the same financial package as Villa to Everton but Bolasie wants to be closer to the south-east

Pulis has confirmed it was location

Fair enough, let's move on and secure some signings!

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Interesting how Pulis said we need more players like McNair (i.e. not finished articles).

That is interesting because the majority of players we have been linked to (Besic aside) have been "in their prime".

It would suggest to me that players like Puncheon aren't on the agenda.

I'd go out and get Adam Reach and Tom Barkhuizen and then look to get someone like Markovic in from Liverpool.

Interesting how Pulis said we need more players like McNair (i.e. not finished articles).

That is interesting because the majority of players we have been linked to (Besic aside) have been "in their prime".

I'd go out and get Adam Reach and Tom Barkhuizen and then look to get someone like Markovic in from Liverpool.

You know who fits that mold, Ryan Woods. go on Pulis, you know you want too.

but in serious talk I'd love Barkhuizen. hes looked a canny player every time I've seen him play.

Interesting that even Pulis has said it was location. And all reports say it's nothing to do with money as the money is exactly the same from both parties.

I mean it certainly looks better for us if we say it's location and not that we wouldn't cough up the dough. But I was questioning the money thing from the start and with no disrespect to you Raf, I have a real hard time believing that the only reason Bolasie has chosen Villa is because of a few extra bob.

One of the Southampton lads seem like a no brainer to me, Mcqueen or Targett. Both can play anywhere on the left, decent athletic units with solid left foots. 

Really happy to hear Pulis specifically mention some dynamic pace needed. Would have been interesting to hear his response if someone had asked him why we haven't looked abroad. 

Either way we definitely need it but tbh I'm out of ideas who is left?? Ojo?

You know who fits that mold, Ryan Woods. go on Pulis, you know you want too.

but in serious talk I'd love Barkhuizen. hes looked a canny player every time I've seen him play.

Yeah I would really like both of those players.

We don't need glamour signings like Bolasie, we need players who are good in this league and could make the step up.

Barkhuizen was great both times we played Preston last year and Woods ran the show at Brentford last year. Although Woods strikes me as a player in a similar mould to Mo - don't think we would get both.

Also, Watkins at Brentford would be a good signing.

The press conference starts off with TP saying he thinks the markets get tougher at the end. Am I the only one scratching my head at why this is when he thinks it's best to do business? Or whether it really is down to him that we do that? Really confusing thing to say based on everything we take essentially as fact right now.

The press conference starts off with TP saying he thinks the markets get tougher at the end. Am I the only one scratching my head at why this is when he thinks it's best to do business? Or whether it really is down to him that we do that? Really confusing thing to say based on everything we take essentially as fact right now.

Like most managers, he'll say whatever suits his agenda best at that time, even if it contradicts previous statements. He may be desperate to bring players in private but in public it is in our interests to give the impression we will walk away from deals if the finances get unreasonable.

Markovic would be a good pick up, absolute lightning. Not sure whether Tom Barkhuizen would be available to us or not, especially this late in the window.

I must admit I find that comment a bit disconcerting especially at this time, sends out the message previously alluded to that the club did try their best to bring players in but ultimately failed.

Time is running out

I must admit I find that comment a bit disconcerting especially at this time, sends out the message previously alluded to that the club did try their best to bring players in but ultimately failed.

Time is running out

It's just that period between Flint and Hugill, where he would say "We wait for the big boys to do their business then we pick up the scraps". Then it comes to deadline day and we're targeting 2 Millwall players, 3 Everton players, Freeman from QPR... all on what today's Tony Pulis defines as the toughest part of the window. And we failed to bring any of them in, we only came close to one of them and even that fell apart and arguably wouldn't have and still won't improve the first team massively at this point.

I'm not going to throw him under a bus, he's still a good coach for this division and is currently getting quite close to the best out of the players we've got and I expect no less than that from him. But it does make me cringe a bit when we're being told a story that suits the relative time within the transfer window.