• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Until the EFL are in a position to punish offenders before promotion there will not be the incentive to play by the rules.

If you break FFP and get 10 - 20 points knocked off depending on the amount you breach by then the spend, spend, spend, tactics that backfire so often will not be discouraged and well run clubs will continue to be at a disadvantage.

time to get off the soapbox now.

I suppose, going back on what I previously said, if a points deduction can only be given in January then teams may be willing to spend big one season, get hit with a 15 point deduction which may take them out of auto but keep them in playoff positions come the end of the season. As long as the team isn't relegated then there is a huge chance of promotion the next year as the team is in place and there are no "up front payments" to be made.

Maybe a realistic sanction for failing ffp should be demotion. Relegated irrespective of league position.

Until the EFL are in a position to punish offenders before promotion there will not be the incentive to play by the rules.

If you break FFP and get 10 - 20 points knocked off depending on the amount you breach by then the spend, spend, spend, tactics that backfire so often will not be discouraged and well run clubs will continue to be at a disadvantage.

time to get off the soapbox now.

Pretty sure last season and this season you have to submit accounts in march time, giving the EFL plenty of time to deal out points deductions. Villa have been badly run but I don't think any owner would be stupid enough to risk points deductions. The EFL are supposed to have open discussions with owners when they think something is amiss. So they might have outlined to Villa, what they can do within the rules.

FFP isn't there to catch clubs out, it's there to make sure that a club can stand on its own to feet without a chairman pumping 10s of millions in.

Played nearly every game for Hudds in the PL last season. Would actually be happy enough if we signed him, at the end of the day we were never going to replace Traore adequately and with how we've struggled to sign players if we "end up" with La Parra I think it could be a lot worse

2 goals and 3 assists in his last championship season, plays predominantly on the left.

I really hope this isn't our replacement for adama.

Isn't he a fullback?

2 goals and 3 assists in his last championship season, plays predominantly on the left.

Isn't he a fullback?

Winger, could probably play as a wingback though, gets himself about a lot. Would be fairly happy with this signing.

If you throw him in with the other targets Ojo/Targett/Puncheon/Besic/La Parra it doesn't look too bad a lineup of targets, I think he does the job Pulis wants from a winger he's a direct runner who works hard had a full pre season he's not too bad as a replacement to be honest I always felt like he's had the potential to do more with his talent maybe Pulis can unlock that in him.

Isn't he a fullback?

Winger, could probably play as a wingback though, gets himself about a lot. Would be fairly happy with this signing.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's played at fullback work Huddersfield Town at some point. Would be a decent signing and add some much needed pace.

That's a goal contribution almost every 9 games on average...

His record is poor.

I hope there is someone a bit better than that available

On the flipside, played 40 games for a promoted team, so must have been doing something right.