oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

As much as I really do want this one to be true, there’s just no way. He played the full 90 minutes in West Ham’s first game of the season. So unless he has fallen out with Pellegrini since then I can’t think of any other reason why they would be willing to let him go out on loan. And if, and it’s a massive if, that has happened then I’m sure Villa, Stoke, Swansea, etc will be ahead of us on the list of clubs that want him on loan.

Unfortunately I think it’s either a case of mistaken identity or someone making up a few stories.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As much as I really do want this one to be true, there’s just no way. He played the full 90 minutes in West Ham’s first game of the season. So unless he has fallen out with Pellegrini since then I can’t think of any other reason why they would be willing to let him go out on loan. And if, and it’s a massive if, that has happened then I’m sure Villa, Stoke, Swansea, etc will be ahead of us on the list of clubs that want him on loan.

Unfortunately I think it’s either a case of mistaken identity or someone making up a few stories.

Villa - getting Bolasie

Stoke - Already have Tom Ince

Swansea - whats so great about them?

After the last game where Antonio wasnt in the match squad Pellegrini said 'now everyone is fit there are some players who wont play'.

Having read down the lads tweets, he seems to be a bit of a wind up. It nearly looks as though he’s made it up just to try and wind a few Villa fans up, saying that we’ve thrown them a dummy with Bolasie to get Antonio under the radar.

Snodgrass was chosen ahead of him, they also have yarmalenko, Anderson, Perez, masuaku and arnautovic who can all play wide. There was a strong suggestion earlier in the summer that Antonio was for sale for 15mil.

It's not completely out of the question. Again, not getting my hopes up but there is a chance.

Villa - getting Bolasie

Stoke - Already have Tom Ince

Swansea - whats so great about them?

After the last game where Antonio wasnt in the match squad Pellegrini said 'now everyone is fit there are some players who wont play'.

I’m trying to convince myself that it can never ever happen so that I’m not gutted when it doesn’t happen.

You aren’t helping Lino...

I'd be absolutely gobsmacked if Bolasie was above Antonio in our list. If he genuinely is there, he must have just become available. Which seems unlikely given West Ham have already used him as a starting member of their team this season and wouldn't be able to replace him in their squad.

Would love to be proven wrong so here's hoping but I sincerely can't see it happening.

Yeah reading the Huddersfield view on Twitter has altered my view. Haven't seen a single person say they'll be glad to see him go and most are adamant they want him to stay.

yep hes been great for them since he signed. hes not a bad player at all. done well at saints wen they rose up the league to. check that it was brighton he went up with. getting mixed up with that dutch lad they had forget his name now.

right third time after checking. hardly played for brighton but his first season at wolves he got 10 assists and 1 goal. that was our promotion season with kranky. must have remembered that.

he got 7 of the assists in a purple patch from new year to end of feb. good going that like. hope he can hit form like that for us (if he signs) only 27 to, thought he was older.

also his stats might look bad, but consider when he was at wolves they were dog turd and relegated. then when at hudders they are in prem and barely score goals. involved in 107 champo games 5 goals 16 assists, roughly 1 in 5 he gets an assist. not the worst we could do i suppose. but seems to be a decent lad.

If the Antonio thing is true, the club have done well to keep it quiet and then one twitter post like that can alert numerous clubs to players availability, as soon as it catches on. Its nearly impossible to do deals under the radar now.

I wouldn't think the Bolasie thing has much to do with it either, looks like Antonio for the right and Bolasie for the left but Bolasie fell through so we're after VLP. (If its true of course).

Edit - Just had a thought. Could this be a reason why we werent in for Byram ? If we knew we wanted Hugill, we couldn't have got Byram and Antonio aswell as him, would make sense as to why we never bothered with Byram.

If we got Antonio, targett and vlp in now it would be an unbelievable end to the transfer window. It would make all the pain and near misses worth while and transform us from a side fighting for play offs to a side fighting for autos.

Antonio would be an outrageous signing if we pulled it off but I just do not believe its an option, why would West Ham loan him out? He's a very good player, his only issue is his injury problems. I really can't see him being allowed out on loan, don't West Ham love him?

Antonio would be an outrageous signing if we pulled it off but I just do not believe its an option, why would West Ham loan him out? He's a very good player, his only issue is his injury problems. I really can't see him being allowed out on loan, don't West Ham love him?

Fans I’ve spoken to or seen talking about him are very split and some were very happy to sell when Palace showed an interest over the summer but I think that depended on Townsend joining Newcastle.