• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ayala is a better defender all round and fits Pulis more. The concern for me is that Ayala and Flint are very similar, the same strengths but the same weaknesses. Having Fry in there should alleviate that, think it gives us a nice balance.

Looking at what could be our starting XI:

----------------Randolph

Shotton--Flint----Ayala--Friend

-----McNair--Clayton--Besic

La Parra-----Britt-----Braithwaite

Compared to Cardiff's last season, who have a manager in Warnock who plays a similar style to Pulis.

-----------------Etheridge

Peltier--Bamba--Morrison--Bennett

-----Bryson----Ralls----Paterson

Laing---------Zohore-------Hoilett

You can do a lot in this league with a balanced and focused squad. There's no real big names there and realistically how many players from that Cardiff team would come in and drastically improve our starting XI, yet they managed to achieve 90 points...

Drop Howson? are you Garry Monk in disguise?

Pulis has said mutliple times how much he rates Ayala and that he's one of the best cb's in the league. He will replace Fry in due course.

True. I just think Fry is better. Just my opinion though

Fry might be better in time,but would you really rather have fry now over Ayala?

That game v Brighton when we got promoted still stands out as one of the best defensive displays a Boro player has ever done in my opinion.

Pulis has said mutliple times how much he rates Ayala and that he's one of the best cb's in the league. He will replace Fry in due course.

True. I just think Fry is better. Just my opinion though

What makes you think he’s better?

----------------Randolph

Compared to Cardiff's last season, who have a manager in Warnock who plays a similar style to Pulis.

You can do a lot in this league with a balanced and focused squad. There's no real big names there and realistically how many players from that Cardiff team would come in and drastically improve our starting XI, yet they managed to achieve 90 points...

I'm not advocating dropping anyone, just think that will be the basis of the team this season. Eventually players will drop form pick up injuries and be rotated etc.

A fit Ayala is on par with anything in this league. Not to mention the goal threat he gives which is obviously a big sell with Pulis.

I fully expect Fry to go on to be better, he has premier league attributes, but hes not currently.

----------------Randolph

I'm not advocating dropping anyone, just think that will be the basis of the team this season. Eventually players will drop form pick up injuries and be rotated etc.

A couple of weeks ago, most wouldn't have batted an eyelid at the prospect of dropping Howson. Amazing how quickly things change haha.

----------------Randolph

A couple of weeks ago, most wouldn't have batted an eyelid at the prospect of dropping Howson. Amazing how quickly things change haha.

That's what happens when you start as hot as he has, he's been our best player through 4 games and I'd argue it's not even close.

----------------Randolph

That's what happens when you start as hot as he has, he's been our best player through 4 games and I'd argue it's not even close.

This. He's covered every blade of grass, the new system seems to have given him the freedom to get forward a lot more and express himself.