oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Not sure how much of him being hooked last weekend was injury related to be honest he was took off during HT fuelling the rumours down there even more, Harris repeatedly caveats when he says no sales unless a player is unhappy to be there. Also might be worth noting the local journo responded to a question about Saville 4 hours ago asking him if it was true he said he'd look into it you'd think if it was utter BS he'd have an answer by now...

Not sure how many people remember but we were in for Saville years ago like we went all out for him but he chose Wolves ahead of us you know how much we love a long term target if we were going to splash the cash on someone who we targeted it would probably be Saville.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe pulis really is committed to 5-3-2  and sees mcnair as someone who will play some games at cm and some at cb?

Well, Van Gaal thought of him as a centre back or right back when he was starting out at MU.  Pulis has said we are stocked at centre and right back - who is the back up for Shotton at RB, other than Mc Nair? And if we have a couple of injuries at CB, then either Shotton could move over and McNair come in, or McNair could play CB. Perhaps he sees McNair as primarily a defender. ( or what used to be called a utility player  (can cover a whole load of positions)

Maybe pulis really is committed to 5-3-2  and sees mcnair as someone who will play some games at cm and some at cb?

Even that doesn't really explain a lot. We've got ample amount of centre-backs and centre-mids.

CB: Friend, Ayala, Shotton, Fry, Flint, Wood, McNair

CM: Leadbitter, Clayton, De Sart, Howson, McNair, Wing, Tavernier, Besic

The fact he said he's happy with the options at right-back suggests both Fry and McNair are seen as options there, as we don't have a single out and out right-back in the squad. But even if you take McNair out of the centre-mid options, we look really well stocked right now in centre-midfield.

There was even some suggestion on here that Pulis could not rate McNair after bringing him in as that's an explanation as to why we might still have wanted Besic, a suggestion made I believe based on McNair not being in the team yet and us still wanting another centre-mid. Add Saville to that and you've got even more reason to believe that could be the case.

If this was another manager, say a Monk or a Rowett, I could see how having the midfielders we have right now making sense for a 3-man midfield, 2 for every position kind of thinking:

Howson/McNair Leadbitter/Clayton Besic/Wing

Hell, you could go as far saying Wing is still an inexperienced player, Saville to come in for him as a more experienced option. But for a manager who claims to want 18 experienced players in his squad, that seems an awful lot of options just for centre-back and centre-mid.

I think pulis has the mind set that any defender who has a right foot can play at right back, and the same for left back. We have a lot of right footer centre backs and no left footed centre backs (I may be wrong on that?). That's probably what he meant

I think pulis has the mind set that any defender who has a right foot can play at right back, and the same for left back. We have a lot of right footer centre backs and no left footed centre backs (I may be wrong on that?). That's probably what he meant

I think McNair is going to end up there tbh

Even that doesn't really explain a lot. We've got ample amount of centre-backs and centre-mids.

CB: Friend, Ayala, Shotton, Fry, Flint, Wood, McNair

CM: Leadbitter, Clayton, De Sart, Howson, McNair, Wing, Tavernier, Besic

The fact he said he's happy with the options at right-back suggests both Fry and McNair are seen as options there, as we don't have a single out and out right-back in the squad. But even if you take McNair out of the centre-mid options, we look really well stocked right now in centre-midfield.

There was even some suggestion on here that Pulis could not rate McNair after bringing him in as that's an explanation as to why we might still have wanted Besic, a suggestion made I believe based on McNair not being in the team yet and us still wanting another centre-mid. Add Saville to that and you've got even more reason to believe that could be the case.

If this was another manager, say a Monk or a Rowett, I could see how having the midfielders we have right now making sense for a 3-man midfield, 2 for every position kind of thinking:

Howson/McNair Leadbitter/Clayton Besic/Wing

Hell, you could go as far saying Wing is still an inexperienced player, Saville to come in for him as a more experienced option. But for a manager who claims to want 18 experienced players in his squad, that seems an awful lot of options just for centre-back and centre-mid.

I’d say. And it’s just my opinion

He sees leadbitter as a bit part player this season. Or even one to move out.

He’s worried wing will drop off and only play 10 15 games

There will be times where we want to play two defensive mids and times where we want to play two attacking mids.

So it’s possible both McNair and wing or howson and McNair or McNair and a new signing could play together. As could besic and Clayton

So even if we buy another attacking mid we could play two and have one on the bench

Besic/Clayton

McNair/howson

Wing/saville

That’s how I’d compare them anyway. Saville got a lot of goals last season from inside the box so he definitely plays more advanced role.

I think we'll know on VLP tomorrow at 2pm when Hudds put their bench and team out he's been on the bench in the first 2 if he's absent completely you'd think he's as close as we think.

Pulis confirms on BBC Tees that there is “one or two close.”

Happy days. UTB.

Van La Parra only one I know... was supposedly at the game after talks today... anyone confirm this?

No sightings on Twitter. That's not to say he wasn't there, obviously.