• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So from Pulis’ post match interviews he doesn’t want to play the system that we’ve been playing, he views this as a back up plan. He wants wingers.

So that would mean we need 2 wingers (no point just getting 1-no balance)and cover for lb/rb. We had no defenders on the bench tonight. If Shotton or Friend got injured we would have had to change our formation to replace them.

So from Pulis’ post match interviews he doesn’t want to play the system that we’ve been playing, he views this as a back up plan. He wants wingers.

So that would mean we need 2 wingers (no point just getting 1-no balance)and cover for lb/rb. We had no defenders on the bench tonight. If Shotton or Friend got injured we would have had to change our formation to replace them.

This is why I have a dislike for the man. He has stumbled on a winning formula. And yet he wants to break away from it to play his hoof ball.

Last season he found a gem that doesn't play his system but produced better results than he is used to in bamford. But rather than go with it he throw a it out of the window as quick as he can. This season he finds that winning formula, again fairly fortunately by having to bring on youth from the bench when getting battered by a crap millwall team and then throws it away as soon as he can.

Guessing wing will play tiny cameos from now on and we will play with no attack minded midfielders.

I've given him his due for what I though was a bit of courage. However I guess a leopard never changes his spots.

This is why I have a dislike for the man. He has stumbled on a winning formula. And yet he wants to break away from it to play his hoof ball.

Last season he found a gem that doesn't play his system but produced better results than he is used to in bamford. But rather than go with it he throw a it out of the window as quick as he can. This season he finds that winning formula, again fairly fortunately by having to bring on youth from the bench when getting battered by a crap millwall team and then throws it away as soon as he can.

Guessing wing will play tiny cameos from now on and we will play with no attack minded midfielders.

I've given him his due for what I though was a bit of courage. However I guess a leopard never changes his spots.

Well you are a barrel of laughs!

Seriously, we outplayed one of the best teams in the league, battled, out thought and out muscled them. We looked like a real team out there tonight. I know that you have an agenda, but it’s starting to look more and more lightweight, match by match. You moan about no new signings then you moan about Wing being dropped. Do you seriously think that we are top of the league in spite of Pulis? You seem to think that you know more about football than him!

I don’t know who you are, But I know an inbecile when I see one.

• Like 1

This is the exact reason I hate our fan base at times.

How many times Tudders, we have not been playing a different style of football, we've been playing a different formation. The hoof ball you claim to bloody dislike so much is absolutely not different to what we've been playing the first 5 games. Just look at our goals.

Millwall: Long ball gets a few flick ons before dropping to someone to pull back for Braithwaite. Then a Shotton throw before Wing just smacks it back into the box and Friend taps in within the chaos.

Sheffield United: 2 set piece goals and a deep cross that bounces off Downing's shin.

Birmingham: A long ball which Britt controls and finishes.

Bristol City: A long punted ball by Randolph that drops to Braithwaite. One bit of decent football led to the 2nd.

WBA: Set piece punted into the box that isn't dealt with finished off.

You make it out like we've been playing some brand new style of football that you like when what you're complaining about is exactly what we've been doing. A third of our goals have come from long balls. 4 from set pieces if you count the equaliser at Millwall. Not to mention that Millwall and Bristol City both saw us playing our regular 4-3-3 formation and not wing backs.

I think you're doing Howson's pass against Brum a dis-service there Wilson. It was obviously a longish ball but it wasnt just a hoof, he played it exactly where Britt wanted it. Its funny because the rest of your list is hard to argue with, but we have played some decent stuff then missed the chances that followed. Multiple against Brum and Howsons headed effort tonight came about from decent build up play.

I what way does wingers equate to hoofball?? Adding pace to both wings would enable us to break faster and would save Friend and Shottons legs for defending as well as getting forward, which is going to be very important if we don’t get decent cover in.

Pace in the championship can destroy opponents.

How can you hate a BORO manager so much that has given us the best start to a season for decades? Unbeaten, 4wins 4 clean sheets, plenty of goals.... should have been a lot more against Birmingham and a few more tonight. If this is typical Pulis hoofball then long may it continue...

I what way does wingers equate to hoofball?? Adding pace to both wings would enable us to break faster and would save Friend and Shottons legs for defending as well as getting forward, which is going to be very important if we don’t get decent cover in.

Pace in the championship can destroy opponents.

How can you hate a BORO manager so much that has given us the best start to a season for decades? Unbeaten, 4wins 4 clean sheets, plenty of goals.... should have been a lot more against Birmingham and a few more tonight. If this is typical Pulis hoofball then long may it continue...

Exactly boroyorkie it's getting a bit boring the amount of hatred being spouted about our manager who is absolutely nailing it on our behalf

Pulis has us playing decent stuff, I don’t see long ball at all infact wba played more long hoofs than we did. Yes we do some long balls but it’s not really our go to tactic people would have you believe.

How many times Tudders, we have not been playing a different style of football, we've been playing a different formation. The hoof ball you claim to bloody dislike so much is absolutely not different to what we've been playing the first 5 games. Just look at our goals.

Millwall: Long ball gets a few flick ons before dropping to someone to pull back for Braithwaite. Then a Shotton throw before Wing just smacks it back into the box and Friend taps in within the chaos.

Sheffield United: 2 set piece goals and a deep cross that bounces off Downing's shin.

Birmingham: A long ball which Britt controls and finishes.

Bristol City: A long punted ball by Randolph that drops to Braithwaite. One bit of decent football led to the 2nd.

WBA: Set piece punted into the box that isn't dealt with finished off.

You make it out like we've been playing some brand new style of football that you like when what you're complaining about is exactly what we've been doing. A third of our goals have come from long balls. 4 from set pieces if you count the equaliser at Millwall. Not to mention that Millwall and Bristol City both saw us playing our regular 4-3-3 formation and not wing backs.

So we'd all like new signings then complain about wing being dropped,then to play ticcy tac football which may look good on the eye but finish outside the top 6 !May want to go and support Derby?

Besic/Clayton

McNair/howson

Wing/saville

That’s how I’d compare them anyway. Saville got a lot of goals last season from inside the box so he definitely plays more advanced role.

Where is Downing in that midfield three? He is going to start most of our matches this season as Pulis rates him very highly.

This is the exact reason I hate our fan base at times.

CWC it literally is a few people given a voice on a forum who had a preconceived idea of Pulis and wont relent. It is not our fan base really.