oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Firstly members are allowed to voice their opinion without the need of name calling in response to their posts.

We know that TP is akin to Marmite in terms of personal view points.

It does seem to me that he is willing to change the preconceived ideas about him given the right tools.

But finally he does seem to know far better than anyone else how to put out a team that so far is holding their own.

Football is a results game and I was very pleased with our result last night, if we do a decent job at Elland Road next week I suspect that more anti TP members will start putting the team first instead of being too bothered about the Manager.

I suspect that maybe this season (let's take them one at a time) a lot of humble pie will be eaten.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok back on track we now know that up to three players will be on their way to pastures new, from a personal view point I hope that this includes Grant Leadbitter, ok I am not his greatest fan but he does deserve to play for another team due to very limited chances with Boro.

Tav I suspect will be sent out which is a pity because we have seen some very promising stuff but with new signings his game time will be limited as well and he does deserve regular full time football.

Johnson need another club as well as De Sart as you can not really see either of them playing any part in this season.

I also think it possible but would be hugely unpopular that Wing could go out on loan as well

well perosobaly i tihnk it would be a bit sad to drop the 5-3-2 that seem to work very well

so if I was in charge I would juts look to get 2 wingbacks in, dont even have to be starters but backups as I think both Shotton and Friend are doing a good job right now

But Pulis is the manager so I trust him for now, but I would be sad to go back to 4-3-2-1....

For me anyone who is disrespecting Pulis really doesn't have a clue about football.

How can people claim his style of play is boring? We created numerous chances tonight and dominated the majority of the game.

His passion on the touchline is a breath of fresh air along with his honesty.

Pulis changes tactics depending on the opposition and his results can't be questioned.

He is getting the best out of every player in that team and that's down to good management.

Best manager we have had in a long time and people who can't see that obviously do not know much about football in my opinion.

Leadbitter, De sart, Johnson and Fletcher expected to leave the club and with two wingers and a left back I think we have a squad good enough for automatic promotion.

Va La Parra will turn out to be a good piece of business and would love to see someone like Ojo on loan as well with option to buy.

I said a few pages ago but again given we seem to be switching from wingbacks to wingers Targett or Mcqueen have got to be top targets for me. Both equally happy all down the left side.

I love Friend, he's been a fan favorite for years and got to rank as our best value for money signing going, however you always know with Friend that when it gets to that crossing/final pass or shot moment 90% of the time it's going to be poor.

This TP subject will never go away so if you wish to continue with the subject then go over to the relevant TP thread which has started.

Only a week to go in the Loan Window so can we keep to the thread title please.

Ok back on track we now know that up to three players will be on their way to pastures new, from a personal view point I hope that this includes Grant Leadbitter, ok I am not his greatest fan but he does deserve to play for another team due to very limited chances with Boro.

Tav I suspect will be sent out which is a pity because we have seen some very promising stuff but with new signings his game time will be limited as well and he does deserve regular full time football.

Johnson need another club as well as De Sart as you can not really see either of them playing any part in this season.

I also think it possible but would be hugely unpopular that Wing could go out on loan as well

Up to 3 you said to pastures new but then you have named 5. We haven't really got the squad depth to lose 5. No doubt others would go out if Tony Pulis could bring more in. I am sure he would like to if he could but five loans are all he can use in the squad at any one time.

We already know that Fletcher and Johnson are probably gonna go when we get players in, it's just who else is gonna follow them. You'd expect the third player to leave will be Leadbitter, hopefully it's him and not Braithwaite.

Up to 3 you said to pastures new but then you have named 5. We haven't really got the squad depth to lose 5. No doubt others would go out if Tony Pulis could bring more in. I am sure he would like to if he could but five loans are all he can use in the squad at any one time.

I have mentioned 5 possible names that is all certainly do not expect to lose up to 5 :)

I’m pretty certain the outgoings will be:

Fletcher

De Sart

Johnson and

Leadbitter if we contribute to his wages.

I’m not sure if we’ll keep Braithwaite, does he seem settled now? He’s playing a role that he prefers, so that might help.

As someone mentioned previously, he doesn’t wave at the fans, but then again he’s not the Pope or the Queen, so no one expects him to.

Do the crowd sing his name at matches?

So from Pulis’ post match interviews he doesn’t want to play the system that we’ve been playing, he views this as a back up plan. He wants wingers.

So that would mean we need 2 wingers (no point just getting 1-no balance)and cover for lb/rb. We had no defenders on the bench tonight. If Shotton or Friend got injured we would have had to change our formation to replace them.

This is why I have a dislike for the man. He has stumbled on a winning formula. And yet he wants to break away from it to play his hoof ball.

Last season he found a gem that doesn't play his system but produced better results than he is used to in bamford. But rather than go with it he throw a it out of the window as quick as he can. This season he finds that winning formula, again fairly fortunately by having to bring on youth from the bench when getting battered by a crap millwall team and then throws it away as soon as he can.

Guessing wing will play tiny cameos from now on and we will play with no attack minded midfielders.

I've given him his due for what I though was a bit of courage. However I guess a leopard never changes his spots.

You can say stumbled if you don’t like him or you can say identified a problem and found a way round it if you do like him. Got lucky with the kids playing ..like Ferguson got lucky by picking beckham scholes et al Or identified decent players

We’ve been told over and over that our tone plays one way he doesn’t know any other way as he’s a dinousour Then when he finds a different way to play and it’s successful he’s lucky or he’s stumble on it

He always buys huge players even when he buys besic .

He even got lucky with Adama even though he got more out of him than anyone else

Then when we had to sell him that was TPs fault aswell.

He’s not guardiola but to some I don’t think no matter what he does he will ever be good enough

Will be interesting to see if Saville is involved in the Millwall squad today

I think he’s down as having a knock. Could be crap but we won’t know till fri I guess