oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

I’d love Silva but can’t see it. He played the full 90 minutes in the Lisbon derby against Sporting on Saturday, setting up their goal.

I know it's early on in the season but that's the first 90 mins he's played so far, in their previous games he's either been an unused sub or only got 20 mins or so. I agree with you though, I'm not going to get my hopes up.

I too cannot see it. I suppose the only chance we would have is if they fail to qualify for the champions league on Wednesday. Other winger options are limited so I wonder if we are going to pad out the squad with the current formation in mind with ?Saville and a couple of full backs.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Think Powell would be a #10, can also cover CF, knows the league and would provide competition for Braithwaite.

This but I hope we get Saville as well as I think he'd be competition for Besic and Howson.

Does this mean we're not after any FBs though? I mean we've already got 2 loans, if we get Saville, Powell and a RW then that's all we're allowed in a matchday squad isn't it?

Sounds like it yeah. Seems a bit bizarre, but I suppose that Friend/Downing and Shotton/McNair are the wing back options in that eventuality.

Unless the winger we sign can also play as a WB.

Can't understand Saville joining. Can't understand Powell joining. Not all these rumours will be correct of course but if they are, we're close to signing another 2 central players. Call them midfielders or attackers, these are players who've primarily spent their career in central positions on the pitch. They don't fit the bill of players who improve the wide areas which we are so lacking in. They don't fit the 'dynamic pace' quote. Admittedly Rafa Silva does but do we really need 2 more central players and 1 wide player? I'd say we need about 3 more wide players, especially if you count full backs.

What's the rules on U23 loans, are they classed separate to normal loans, so say 5 senior + 2 U23's

No, so it's 5 loans in the squad, regardless of age.

The local Millwall journo spoke with Harris yesterday asked about Saville got his Q answered off the record then Harris told him he'd fill him in this morning in a one on one at their training ground so we'll find out when that comes out today whether that one's BS.

may be why everyone is shopping at Home.

Home Grown Players

Every Championship club must now put SEVEN Home Grown Players on the team sheet.

A Home Grown Player is someone who has spent at least three complete seasons registered with a football club affiliated to the FA or the Welsh FA before the season that he turns 22 years old.

The local Millwall journo spoke with Harris yesterday asked about Saville got his Q answered off the record then Harris told him he'd fill him in this morning in a one on one at their training ground so we'll find out when that comes out today whether that one's BS.

the fact he had to have it answered off the record and he'd "fill him in" the next day definitely suggests it's more than just a simple injury.

We have 1 CAM in Lewis wing. Powell would be competing for that position or as one of two narrow players (inside forwards) with a striker and wingbacks.

Not sure of savilles natural position. Every time I've seen him he seems to be a box to box type of midfielder.

Maybe TP thinks We don't have enough loans available left to get in the wide players we need so has decided to go with the 3-5-2 formation with rafa Silva giving us the option of wingers, with downing used opposite him.

I'd love us to get powell. Not overly fussed on saville (wouldn't be gutted if we don't get him).

My ideal 3 from what I've seen would be Powell, Silva and maddison. That would leave us potentially short at full back though TP doesn't seem to be averse to playing downing, fry or mcnair at full back in emergencies.