• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It seems really strange that we have a local owner not a foreign one yet we're probably fed the absolute minimum local details in real time out of any of the other clubs around our level every other club chasing targets has local papers detailing their plans at the very least positions with the players being looked at per position. Instead all we get nowadays is foreign scraps, a Gazette roundup of foreign scraps. Even on a bank holiday the Birmingham Mail are keeping Villa fans updated chasing rumours and telling them what Bruce is specifically trying/wanting to do and we're left with Millwall ITKs telling us about maybe Saville or Nixon's weird Moukoudi link.

This has always been the case to a degree. Didn't Gibson say when Karanka was appointed that we nearly signed him as a player in the McClaren era, to the point where he was at Rockliffe, but it didn't happen? I don't even remember a sniff of a rumour about him at the time, and he'd have been at Real Madrid, so I'm pretty sure it would have been a big story.

Our club have definitely cracked down on leaks recently, but it's hard to say why that is. Maybe they have a reason to mistrust local press? Maybe they lost out on a signing due to it being reported as a done deal before it was (Shay Given?) Or maybe Gibson doesn't like how agents use journalists to drive up interest in their clients?

I much prefer things to be largely kept under wraps, as frustrating as it is, to the ***nal example, where every year the season tickets going on sale coincides with a far fetched 'target' being linked in the press, or a story about how the club are planning on spending £200m in the window etc

I'm positive one of the ITKs on here mentioned we were interested in Rafa Silva during the Summer before our PL campaign, so he must have been a target for 2 years atleast. Might have been RAF Smog who said it.  He was regarded very highly back then at Benfica and I remember thinking it would have been a coup to get him in. Not sure what he's like nowadays mind.

We were after him. Where’s the link come from? Been away for a few days so haven’t seen anything.

From all the players we’ve been linked with this summer he’s by far the most exciting.

The Sun and Raf reckons both Bauser and Bevington left the country on Saturday to negotiate a transfer.

Cheers, I'd be surprised if we could get him.

I know, it's the "romantic getaway" CT mentioned

I’ve not been to Amsterdam for a few years, but I don’t recall it ever being romantic. Hazey.

probably because you've never been away from Dam Square and the Red Light District  :P :P

West Centrum is pretty classy

I know, it's the "romantic getaway" CT mentioned

I’ve not been to Amsterdam for a few years, but I don’t recall it ever being romantic. Hazey.

probably because you've never been away from Dam Square and the Red Light District  :P :P

West Centrum is pretty classy

I’m pretty certain I went on a boat at some point, although that might have been Prague ;)

He might be having a nice romantic getaway with Gary Gill and Adrian Bevington.  Threesome.

DTV had a flight to Amsterdam on Saturday?

David Neres

Now that would be a signing.

imagine adding Neres and Silva to the squad, with Taggart coming in on loan as well

:omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: