• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It just seems strange that Pulis wants to incorporate 3 or 4 of the young lads but through this and his previous signings is actually blocking a spot in the team for the best youngsters we have?

We have plenty of players already capable of performing in the role Saville surely fills. By all means, if he's an improvement on what we've got then that's a positive. But you then have to question whether McNair AND Besic both are too, like CT alluded to about McNair a week or so ago.

I just find it incredibly strange that we're seemingly plucking £6m out of the air for a player we frankly don't seem to need. We have other positions in the team that are hugely more important. We couldn't even control midfield with one wide player keeping a quality team busy. I think we seriously need at least 2.

We were after Besic and Saville at the end of the transfer window, Pulis obviously felt he needed them. We lost out at the time, but have since signed Besic. I guess Tony still wants Saville too. He’ll know how he wants to play and the type of players that he wants,

I don’t think he’ll sign anyone just to make a signing. I’d stop worrying, if I were you, Wilson, Pulis has been doing this a long time, he’ll have a plan.

Seems like every transfer window we go after a Creative player, exhaust a few options and just decide to buy a CM or a Striker...

Can get behind this signing as a Left Wing Back, just feels like we'll be incredibly one-paced if we don't sign one nippy Winger/Wingback.

It just seems strange that Pulis wants to incorporate 3 or 4 of the young lads but through this and his previous signings is actually blocking a spot in the team for the best youngsters we have?

We have plenty of players already capable of performing in the role Saville surely fills. By all means, if he's an improvement on what we've got then that's a positive. But you then have to question whether McNair AND Besic both are too, like CT alluded to about McNair a week or so ago.

I just find it incredibly strange that we're seemingly plucking £6m out of the air for a player we frankly don't seem to need. We have other positions in the team that are hugely more important. We couldn't even control midfield with one wide player keeping a quality team busy. I think we seriously need at least 2.

We tried to sign Saville before the window shut but he wasn’t for sale. So it makes sense that we have gone back in for him now he’s available even if it’s not a priority position.

BORO. Saville thing deffo on. Shocked at MILLWALL losing him ... money talks.

How does that work with a loan? Do we pay a £3m loan fee up front, then another £3m in January or May? Surely money only talks if it’s a loan to buy deal, otherwise Millwall don’t stand to make much at all.

Harris confirms our interest doesn't guarantee Saville will still be there past Friday, the hold up might be waiting for them to sign his replacement from League 1 might be why even though there seems broad agreement nothing seems imminent.

Wing/Besic-----Howson/Saville

-------Clayton/McNair--------

Frees up Downing as a Winger/Wing Back, probably spells the end for Leadbitter but that's no shock. I don't understand the drama, as long as we get a creative/winger in and cover for George all is rosy. Calm.

We were after Besic and Saville at the end of the transfer window, Pulis obviously felt he needed them. We lost out at the time, but have since signed Besic. I guess Tony still wants Saville too. He’ll know how he wants to play and the type of players that he wants,

I don’t think he’ll sign anyone just to make a signing. I’d stop worrying, if I were you, Wilson, Pulis has been doing this a long time, he’ll have a plan.

I assumed at the time that Saville was an alternative to Besic and we were trying to kill 2 birds with one stone with him and Wallace. We haven't even gone back in for Wallace who we arguably require more.

I've been right behind Pulis in this window, Billy. I will absolutely give him time to prove his business has been productive and worth it. But there's an air here of prioritising the wrong areas of the pitch and I'm really not keen on it. We shall see where we are come Friday evening!

The 3 we play in midfield has 1 sitting (Clayton) and 2 box to box, high energy players. We can't rely on them to keep their levels  consistently high if they're playing in this  stylefor 90+ mins, 2 or 3 games a week over a 40+ game season.

We need somebody who will be able to step in for them and still keep up the high energy style.  Saville's a good player and I think he'd be an excellent signing.

We have Wing/Howson/Mcnair/Besic and Downing. How many more do we need???

Well if he wants 2 in every position and we are playing 3 in the middle then we need another one

I assumed at the time that Saville was an alternative to Besic and we were trying to kill 2 birds with one stone with him and Wallace. We haven't even gone back in for Wallace who we arguably require more.

I've been right behind Pulis in this window, Billy. I will absolutely give him time to prove his business has been productive and worth it. But there's an air here of prioritising the wrong areas of the pitch and I'm really not keen on it. We shall see where we are come Friday evening!

It’s not necessarily prioritising wrong areas probably more likely working on multiple players and this one has either picked up publicity more or is further ahead. With only a few days left we wouldn’t really wait until the 1-2 key players are in then decide to do business on areas pulls would still like to improve.

To me it shows the money is available as working on signings like Saville while also chasing the key signings required and not having to wait.

The 3 we play in midfield has 1 sitting (Clayton) and 2 box to box, high energy players. We can't rely on them to keep their levels  consistently high if they're playing in this  stylefor 90+ mins, 2 or 3 games a week over a 40+ game season.

We need somebody who will be able to step in for them and still keep up the high energy style.  Saville's a good player and I think he'd be an excellent signing.

Well if he wants 2 in every position and we are playing 3 in the middle then we need another one

We have Clayton and Leadbitter too.

BORO. Saville thing deffo on. Shocked at MILLWALL losing him ... money talks.

How does that work with a loan? Do we pay a £3m loan fee up front, then another £3m in January or May? Surely money only talks if it’s a loan to buy deal, otherwise Mlillwall don’t stand to make much at all.

Id guess it works in exactly the same way as a signing.

So if we signed him paying 3 mill up front 1 mill a yr for two yrs and a bonus of 1 mill based on stuff.

On loan it would be 3 mill loan till jan then sign him and 1 mill a yr for two years etc

We have Clayton and Leadbitter too.

Not sure I’d class leadbitter any more