• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Other consideration with Braithwaite is that we'll have offered a pretty juicy contract last summer. I'd be surprised if someone like Levante could match that. The finances of most clubs in Spain outside the big 5 or 6 are nowhere near the level even newly promoted PL teams are at.

Exactly how I feel mate.

Absolutely pathetic performance from the club this summer, only getting away with it because all is rosey on the pitch at the moment.

The bit on the pitch does tend to be quite important, though.

Other consideration with Braithwaite is that we'll have offered a pretty juicy contract last summer. I'd be surprised if someone like Levante could match that. The finances of most clubs in Spain outside the big 5 or 6 are nowhere near the level even newly promoted PL teams are at.

Girona are backed by the same group as Man City

If saville is in to replace braithwaite then I’m not as pleased about that signing, I’d have had him as one of a midfield 3 but he just doesn’t seem as technical or have the flair of braithwaite. I’d much prefer nick Powell.

Exactly how I feel mate.

Absolutely pathetic performance from the club this summer, only getting away with it because all is rosey on the pitch at the moment.

Of course it does and the start has been better than any of us expected. So are you saying we should just leave it and go with what we have?

Its basically the team we had last season minus Traore, and that team was nowhere near good enough. As good as we've done up to now I still think we'll be found wanting quality wise in too many games this season, how many less points would we have had last season without Traore pulling out something when the team maybe wasn't quite at it? Or our promotion season, would we have been promoted without Ramirez?

At the minute we look a solid unit, there's a lot to be happy about on the pitch. But we miss quality imo.

Could any of these rumours be getting used to flush out the leaks?!

Such a strange situation. Openly saying we need wingers and a LB... yet most links are not either of these positions

All the Saville stuff has come from the Millwall end upto now.

The rest i have no idea . None of it seems to make sense unless we are completely giving up on wingers and going with 3-5-2

Its basically the team we had last season minus Traore, and that team was nowhere near good enough. As good as we've done up to now I still think we'll be found wanting quality wise in too many games this season, how many less points would we have had last season without Traore pulling out something when the team maybe wasn't quite at it? Or our promotion season, would we have been promoted without Ramirez?

At the minute we look a solid unit, there's a lot to be happy about on the pitch. But we miss quality imo.

The key word is team and we look a better team now than we did at the end of the season, even if it is with the same parts.

If saville is in to replace braithwaite then I’m not as pleased about that signing, I’d have had him as one of a midfield 3 but he just doesn’t seem as technical or have the flair of braithwaite. I’d much prefer nick Powell.

Agree. Replacing Braithwaite with saville would be tragic.

After losing our best players I would much prefer us to keep Braithwaite but if he is to leave then powell is a much better option imo. Although I'd prefer both of them on the pitch together.

Exactly how I feel mate.

Of course it does and the start has been better than any of us expected. So are you saying we should just leave it and go with what we have?

I'm not saying that at all. But Pulis has done enough so far in his time here to earn the right to have a season with the players he wants.

We know we're after 3 this week, and, assuming that the chairman isn't signing players above the manager's head, Saville is one of those three. It seems weird, yeah. But until we see what his plan is, don't you think it's a bit premature to call it a 'pathetic performance from the club'?

If we get promoted with 10 central midfielders and Randolph on the pitch, I honestly won't give a toss.

The other thing with Braithwaite is that while he's been professional so far, is that because he's playing for a move. If the window shuts on Friday is he going to bust a gut on the pitch and will he have the same desire as someone like Saville?

I'm sure Braithwaite is more talented but if we his heart isn't in it maybe it's better to have a slightly less talented but motivated player here.