oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6106431/Sheffield-United-revive-talks-loan-deal-Middlesbrough-winger-Marvin-Johnson.html

Johnson--->Sheff U

Leonard--->Millwall

Saville--->Boro

Chapman---> Blackburn

Everyone's happy, I guess.

Apart from half this forum. Disaster.

Saville is a good signing, I think most are just antsy that we're going to end up with no Wingers by the end of the window.

Saville + Winger + FB Cover with our 3 remaining Loan slots and I'm happy.

It's starting to feel ominous on the Winger front for me though, got a January 2016 feel to it...

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Millwall could take their pick from three Middlesbrough players after the Teessiders re-opened talks with the Lions over midfielder George Saville, sources have told TEAMtalk.

Boro tried to land Saville in a triple deal with team-mates Jed Wallace and Lee Gregory on a permanent deal, but Millwall rebuffed their interest.

Now Boro are back for Saville, and are hopeful of securing a deal which would see him move on loan before that deal becomes permanent in January.

It is believed that Millwall have shown an interest in some Boro players including Grant Leadbitter, Ashley Fletcher and Marvin Johnson – and they may yet be included in a possible deal.

Former Chelsea youth player Saville joined Millwall from Wolves for £350,000 in June last year, after impressing on an initial loan deal.

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive-millwall-may-take-boro-stars-as-part-of-bid-for-lions-star

Exactly how I feel mate.

Absolutely pathetic performance from the club this summer, only getting away with it because all is rosey on the pitch at the moment.

The bit on the pitch does tend to be quite important, though.

Of course it does and the start has been better than any of us expected. So are you saying we should just leave it and go with what we have?

Its basically the team we had last season minus Traore, and that team was nowhere near good enough. As good as we've done up to now I still think we'll be found wanting quality wise in too many games this season, how many less points would we have had last season without Traore pulling out something when the team maybe wasn't quite at it? Or our promotion season, would we have been promoted without Ramirez?

At the minute we look a solid unit, there's a lot to be happy about on the pitch. But we miss quality imo.

I'm not saying that at all. But Pulis has done enough so far in his time here to earn the right to have a season with the players he wants.

We know we're after 3 this week, and, assuming that the chairman isn't signing players above the manager's head, Saville is one of those three. It seems weird, yeah. But until we see what his plan is, don't you think it's a bit premature to call it a 'pathetic performance from the club'?

If we get promoted with 10 central midfielders and Randolph on the pitch, I honestly won't give a toss.

Pulis is doing his best to dispel the rumour that he plays route 1 and bypasses the midfield.

Can't bypass the midfield when the entire squad is the midfield. Tactical masterclass.

Just spoke to a Millwall fan who said that Saville would be more than comfortable as a number 10, so maybe he is being signed to play off Hugill/Britt.

In to replace Braithwaite....

it only makes sense if braithwaite is leaving. i bet he already has a club lined up but we said you stay until we replace you.

Millwall could take their pick from three Middlesbrough players after the Teessiders re-opened talks with the Lions over midfielder George Saville, sources have told TEAMtalk.

Boro tried to land Saville in a triple deal with team-mates Jed Wallace and Lee Gregory on a permanent deal, but Millwall rebuffed their interest.

Now Boro are back for Saville, and are hopeful of securing a deal which would see him move on loan before that deal becomes permanent in January.

It is believed that Millwall have shown an interest in some Boro players including Grant Leadbitter, Ashley Fletcher and Marvin Johnson – and they may yet be included in a possible deal.

Former Chelsea youth player Saville joined Millwall from Wolves for £350,000 in June last year, after impressing on an initial loan deal.

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive-millwall-may-take-boro-stars-as-part-of-bid-for-lions-star

An interesting turn of events if so. Makes sense to help the deal go through. Leadbitter to Millwall would be an interesting swap.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6106431/Sheffield-United-revive-talks-loan-deal-Middlesbrough-winger-Marvin-Johnson.html

Johnson--->Sheff U

Leonard--->Millwall

Saville--->Boro

Chapman---> Blackburn

Everyone's happy, I guess.

Apart from half this forum. Disaster.

Saville is a good signing, I think most are just antsy that we're going to end up with no Wingers by the end of the window.

Saville + Winger + FB Cover with our 3 remaining Loan slots and I'm happy.

It's starting to feel ominous on the Winger front for me though, got a January 2016 feel to it...

Saville is a good signing if he adds to what we have now, if he comes and braithwaite goes then once again there is no progression.

Just spoke to a Millwall fan who said that Saville would be more than comfortable as a number 10, so maybe he is being signed to play off Hugill/Britt.

it only makes sense if braithwaite is leaving. i bet he already has a club lined up but we said you stay until we replace you.

Braithwaite has started the season well but if he wants away then maybe he should go as when the going does get tough you do need 100%ers. I haven’t seen enough of Saville to say he would be a good replacement but thats what our scouts are for. Maddison from Peterborough looked more of a Braithwaite replacement to me. I am pretty sure the wingers we wanted aren’t available so we are packing out the squad with players to continue the formations that have served us well so far.

What's Ross McCormack up to these days? Perfect foil to replace Braithwaite if he left..

In all seriousness though, unless Braithwaite wants to leave we should keep him. His movement is a step above and his impact has been like Ramirez had to Karankas squad, in my opinion.

Baffled at what we're gonna play though. No wide players doesn't seem to be Pulis' style, however I honestly cannot fault us since the second half v Millwall so he's obviously doing something right.

We know that he does want wide players as we missed out on Bolasie. But hard to see how our shape changes unless we get 2 wide men?

An interesting turn of events if so. Makes sense to help the deal go through. Leadbitter to Millwall would be an interesting swap.

Cant see grant wanting the travel to millwall. He and his family are settled up here.

I doesn’t make sense that he is coming in to replace braithwaite they are nothing alike. Because we sign Saville doesn’t mean that we are selling braithwaite and are not trying to sign other players.

The Maddison link which for a while was red hot now seems to be very luke warm going further into the week.

Must admit would like to se the lad here.

Smoke screen for someone else I wonder?

There’s something off about Maddison, he should be playing in this league based on talent but he isn’t, it isn’t price either because they only want like £2m.

I’d expect at least teams like Ipswich, Brentford, Wigan, Blackburn to be all over him but they aren’t, where as players like Watkins and the other Maddison got snapped up pretty quick.

Don’t know what it is but he obviously has some kind of issue.