oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

There’s something off about Maddison, he should be playing in this league based on talent but he isn’t, it isn’t price either because they only want like £2m.

I’d expect at least teams like Ipswich, Brentford, Wigan, Blackburn to be all over him but they aren’t, where as players like Watkins and the other Maddison got snapped up pretty quick.

Don’t know what it is but he obviously has some kind of issue.

I've heard he's a noisy eater in the canteen. Drives his teammates up the wall, probably something we could do without  :masked:

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The DailyMail story says Pulis is targetting new wingers, EG has said the same as of last week and Pulis said we need wide options with an s so all the signs point to us targeting Saville + 2 wingers where the water gets muddy is the Powell/Moukoudi/Strikers links that are cropping up. The Echo say no truth in Powell I believe them then they say no truth in Rafa Silva I guess I believe them the problem then becomes who are these mystical wingers that have to be close to the level of Bolasie/Ritchie that we must be pretty far down the line with since Pulis on Friday said things were going well on 1-2 targets...

Only thing I can think of is if we sign 2 wingers 1 of the 2 might be a free agent? Otherwise why would we switch from Bolasie to VLP to ? that's one slot the other winger I always assumed it was because we were confident on Ojo once Ritchie died out but I mean maybe I'm missing something here but I'm not ready to say the club's not trying to sign 2 wingers yet because unless Pulis and everyone else is in on some grand scheme I genuinely think there's 2 spots of the 3 are for wingers. I get the fullback points but we could probably get through to January with the cover we have, Spence is rated pretty highly if needs be for RWB/RB and I'm assuming at a push Downing/Saville could cover LM/LWB for Friend.

There’s something off about Maddison, he should be playing in this league based on talent but he isn’t, it isn’t price either because they only want like £2m.

I’d expect at least teams like Ipswich, Brentford, Wigan, Blackburn to be all over him but they aren’t, where as players like Watkins and the other Maddison got snapped up pretty quick.

I mentioned this a bit ago and somebody said he used to have some kind of attitude problem. But even then, if that's a former characteristic, it doesn't explain why clubs are so put off by someone who's supposed to have such a huge amount of talent. People on here mention him every window and yet he's still playing in League One for what will be the 5th successive year.

I mentioned this a bit ago and somebody said he used to have some kind of attitude problem. But even then, if that's a former characteristic, it doesn't explain why clubs are so put off by someone who's supposed to have such a huge amount of talent. People on here mention him every window and yet he's still playing in League One for what will be the 5th successive year.

Has to be attitude and possible excessive wage demands? Either that or possible health or fitness issues.

Has to be attitude and possible excessive wage demands? Either that or possible health or fitness issues.

Surely it can't be excessive wage demands. We could surely offer him a fairly hefty wage increase and doing well here would be better for him (looking at progression) than doing well at Peterborough.

Maybe health but surely that wouldn't be picked up until a medical and I haven't heard of him having a medical anywhere.

Can only guess it's an attitude thing but at 2 million surely it's a risk worth taking.

SSN:

Middlesbrough are in talks with Millwall over a loan for George Saville, with an option to buy the midfielder, Sky Sports News understands.

It is understood the Lions will allow Saville to leave for Teesside if they can bring in a replacement before Friday's loan deadline.

Boro tried to sign Saville and Jed Wallace in a double deal on transfer deadline day, but had multiple bids knocked back.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11680/11484154/middlesbrough-in-talks-to-sign-george-saville-from-millwall

Do you think that the person who cuts his hair is known as the barber of Saville?  :upside_down:

SSN:

Middlesbrough are in talks with Millwall over a loan for George Saville, with an option to buy the midfielder, Sky Sports News understands.

It is understood the Lions will allow Saville to leave for Teesside if they can bring in a replacement before Friday's loan deadline.

Boro tried to sign Saville and Jed Wallace in a double deal on transfer deadline day, but had multiple bids knocked back.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11680/11484154/middlesbrough-in-talks-to-sign-george-saville-from-millwall

Do you think that the person who cuts his hair is known as the barber of Saville?  :upside_down:

Haha, and if they were to get into an argument about the cost of the haircut, would that be a Saville row?

Is it just me or are other members on here feeling sorry for Lewis Wing. After a solid pre season he made his breakthrough and gave us something we have been lacking for a long time, forward thinking passing. He then has a couple of man of the match awards and is now dropped and pushed down to about fourth choice If I was him my transfer request would be signed and delivered, no wonder young talent go nowhere.

Is it just me or are other members on here feeling sorry for Lewis Wing. After a solid pre season he made his breakthrough and gave us something we have been lacking for a long time, forward thinking passing. He then has a couple of man of the match awards and is now dropped and pushed down to about fourth choice If I was him my transfer request would be signed and delivered, no wonder young talent go nowhere.

nothing like overreacting!!

Is it just me or are other members on here feeling sorry for Lewis Wing. After a solid pre season he made his breakthrough and gave us something we have been lacking for a long time, forward thinking passing. He then has a couple of man of the match awards and is now dropped and pushed down to about fourth choice  If I was him my transfer request would be signed and delivered, no wonder young talent go nowhere.

I haven't been able to sleep for worrying about him.

Honestly... I just want the best players on the pitch. If Wing is better than the others in matches and training then he'll start.

Is it just me or are other members on here feeling sorry for Lewis Wing. After a solid pre season he made his breakthrough and gave us something we have been lacking for a long time, forward thinking passing. He then has a couple of man of the match awards and is now dropped and pushed down to about fourth choice  If I was him my transfer request would be signed and delivered, no wonder young talent go nowhere.

Lewis Wing, who 14 months ago yesterday was still playing for Shildon in the Northern League Division One, handing a transfer request at Middlesbrough of the Championship because he's not playing first-team football here yet.

Come on man, I've been saying a lot about Wing being pushed down the pecking order. But a transfer request? Bloody hell.

Can we not transfer you to another team's forum? :sleepy:

Not at all, that’s football, he would never have expected to be in the first team, he took his chance, played well, he was only left out against WBA because we changed the team shape and bought in an extra CB. If he hands in a transfer request 3 days before the end of the LOAN window because he’s only played 3 and a bit games out of 5, so far he would be a very unstable and unsavoury character indeed.