oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Is it just me or are other members on here feeling sorry for Lewis Wing. After a solid pre season he made his breakthrough and gave us something we have been lacking for a long time, forward thinking passing. He then has a couple of man of the match awards and is now dropped and pushed down to about fourth choice  If I was him my transfer request would be signed and delivered, no wonder young talent go nowhere.

Not at all, that’s football, he would never have expected to be in the first team, he took his chance, played well, he was only left out against WBA because we changed the team shape and bought in an extra CB. If he hands in a transfer request 3 days before the end of the LOAN window because he’s only played 3 and a bit games out of 5, so far he would be a very unstable and unsavoury character indeed.

:funny: :funny: :funny:

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is it just me or are other members on here feeling sorry for Lewis Wing. After a solid pre season he made his breakthrough and gave us something we have been lacking for a long time, forward thinking passing. He then has a couple of man of the match awards and is now dropped and pushed down to about fourth choice If I was him my transfer request would be signed and delivered, no wonder young talent go nowhere.

I reckon you could be appearing on that Twitter account soon with stuff like this

Is it just me or are other members on here feeling sorry for Lewis Wing. After a solid pre season he made his breakthrough and gave us something we have been lacking for a long time, forward thinking passing. He then has a couple of man of the match awards and is now dropped and pushed down to about fourth choice If I was him my transfer request would be signed and delivered, no wonder young talent go nowhere.

I mentioned previously that I thought him being left out was wrong and he offered us something more progressive. Also said that my guess was we would see cameos from him at best from now on which is a huge shame (and a step backwards imo). I could be wrong though (maybe he will be back in the team next game).

I wouldn't go overboard at the minute with regards to transfer requests however. He has only just broken into the first team and has to accept that he needs to firmly nail down a starting place both by putting in good performances and showing the right attitude, application and quality on the training pitch.

However, most fans love to cite the idea of never changing a winning team, and we did so he has a right to be a little annoyed.

My favourite rumour so far...

Felipe Caicedo. Currently at Lazio, didn’t do so well last year but just what Pulis likes. Big, tough and generally good at link up play. He has also played in England when he was young for Man City.

I wonder if there is any truth...

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/08/28/do-report-middlesbrough-failed-with-45m-bid-for-lazio-striker-fe/

My favourite rumour so far...

Felipe Caicedo. Currently at Lazio, didn’t do so well last year but just what Pulis likes. Big, tough and generally good at link up play. He has also played in England when he was young for Man City.

I wonder if there is any truth...

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/08/28/do-report-middlesbrough-failed-with-45m-bid-for-lazio-striker-fe/

He was probably an alternative target to Hugill

Wow so much hostility, perhaps I worded it wrong. As an ex footballer I was just feeling sorry for a kid trying to make his way in the world. Time to have a break from this forum, sorry if I upset you.

Wow so much hostility, perhaps I worded it wrong. As an ex footballer I was just feeling sorry for a kid trying to make his way in the world. Time to have a break from this forum, sorry if I upset you.

Don’t think you upset anyone. He has been given a chance of pro football eith Boro after playing non league. He would walk into most league one teams but he is now being asked to function at upper championship level. That is a massive ask and needs some protection.

The local Leganes guy, their Vickers, has said Leganes have followed/wanted Braithwaite for a long time we've set them a price of 8 million euros but there's competition from other La Liga teams so they want to get him on a 1 year loan an option/obligation.

By all accounts I guess word's out that Braithwaite's yours for 8 million euros after that the competition is who can put together the finances for it.

Try not to take it personally. I did my best to disagree in a non-hostile way. There's nothing quite like feeling targeted because you're views (however extreme) differ to the majority.

Song for Lewis

Making your way in the world today

Takes everything you've got

Taking a break from all your worries

Sure would help a lot

Wouldn't you like to get away - Transfer request

Sometimes you want to go

Where everybody knows your name - Shildon

And they're always glad you came - Shildon

You want to be where you can see

Our troubles are all the same

You want to be where everybody knows your name - Shildon.

Sorry I was just winding you up :upside_down:

63ce2ac9cfd8c0ebae3f9abd380c55f4.png

Something gives me the impression Millwall fans aren't too hot on the prospect of taking Fletcher on loan as part of the Saville deal...

Norvern?

Really? Either it's that difficult to spell for these Southern ***ing morons or they were that desperate to save the femtosecond it would take to change one letter and add another after it.

63ce2ac9cfd8c0ebae3f9abd380c55f4.png

Something gives me the impression Millwall fans aren't too hot on the prospect of taking Fletcher on loan as part of the Saville deal...

He played for west ham. May (or may not) have something to do with it.