oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

No offence intended, but with less than 72 hours of the window remaining I can't believe we're talking about Rich's Sunday league career.  :disappointed:

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bevington, Bausor & Gibson there tonight, doubt that’s standard for a Cup game.

I know there’s been work going on with a couple of players today and deals are close but no idea who. No names and won’t get one. Hopefully they’re decent and we get them in

Also said Brahimi and Djed are ready for loans out in the next few days.

Brahimi looked very talented tonight but needs to learn the kind of rough and tumble as well as tactical and positional awareness. There’s only so much we can do in house

I know there’s been work going on with a couple of players today and deals are close but no idea who. No names and won’t get one. Hopefully they’re decent and we get them in

And am I right in remembering you said earlier that Rafa Silva was a no go?

Brahimi looked very talented tonight but needs to learn the kind of rough and tumble as well as tactical and positional awareness. There’s only so much we can do in house

Agree with that. Clearly talented but more raw than uncooked chicken. Needs refining a bit

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/16604108.george-saville-set-to-join-middlesbrough-with-tony-pulis-expecting-a-busy-couple-of-days/

Echo saying Saville's close probably way ahead of Friday at 5pm because Millwall are close on his replacement also saying Pulis wants at least 1 winger in. Echo seems bullish that we tried on VLP but also that Rafa Silva is not a target so Nixon's got the past week half right I guess, if the Braithwaite departure happens that 1 winger who comes in has to be a very decent player whether it's Nkoudou or a PL level player to replace MB I don't see Pulis as the type to loan a youngster from a big club like we did with Harrison.

That is one luxurious head of hair though, I love it.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/16604108.george-saville-set-to-join-middlesbrough-with-tony-pulis-expecting-a-busy-couple-of-days/

Echo saying Saville's close probably way ahead of Friday at 5pm because Millwall are close on his replacement also saying Pulis wants at least 1 winger in. Echo seems bullish that we tried on VLP but also that Rafa Silva is not a target so Nixon's got the past week half right I guess, if the Braithwaite departure happens that 1 winger who comes in has to be a very decent player whether it's Nkoudou or a PL level player I don't see Pulis as the type to loan a youngster from a big club like we did with Harrison.

I mean for arguments sake, Pulis was the one who loaned Harrison. :D

I agree though. I think he'd sooner give Tav and Chapman the chance on the wings right now unless they were clear improvements on what we have. Bolasie went to Villa. Ojo is seemingly off to France. VLP staying at Huddersfield. Seemingly nothing in Rafa Silva. The options are surely running out.

Echo saying Saville's close probably way ahead of Friday at 5pm because Millwall are close on his replacement also saying Pulis wants at least 1 winger in. Echo seems bullish that we tried on VLP but also that Rafa Silva is not a target so Nixon's got the past week half right I guess, if the Braithwaite departure happens that 1 winger who comes in has to be a very decent player whether it's Nkoudou or a PL level player to replace MB I don't see Pulis as the type to loan a youngster from a big club like we did with Harrison.

Interesting that there was no mention of Rafa Silva in that article, perhaps the echo are back tracking on their initial bullishness.

Also interesting to see that Braithwaite is by far our highest paid player...

Echo saying Saville's close probably way ahead of Friday at 5pm because Millwall are close on his replacement also saying Pulis wants at least 1 winger in. Echo seems bullish that we tried on VLP but also that Rafa Silva is not a target so Nixon's got the past week half right I guess, if the Braithwaite departure happens that 1 winger who comes in has to be a very decent player whether it's Nkoudou or a PL level player I don't see Pulis as the type to loan a youngster from a big club like we did with Harrison.

I mean for arguments sake, Pulis was the one who loaned Harrison. :D

I agree though. I think he'd sooner give Tav and Chapman the chance on the wings right now unless they were clear improvements on what we have. Bolasie went to Villa. Ojo is seemingly off to France. VLP staying at Huddersfield. Seemingly nothing in Rafa Silva. The options are surely running out.

I think loaning Harrison taught him a big lesson, another reason I don't think it'll be a Brown/Hudson/Edwards is you look at Bolasie/VLP I think we're trying to get someone in who we have a permanent option on. I also don't think we'll go from Bolasie/VLP to the likes of Rolando Aarons if we get inexperienced young wingers we might as well keep ahold of Chapman all will be revealed eventually I guess Pulis has a history of pulling names out of nowhere late into windows he seemed in a hurry post match with the press I think he knows the clocks ticking whatever we're working on I just hope they're good enough Harrison 2.0 would be such a dud after the people we've let go.

And am I right in remembering you said earlier that Rafa Silva was a no go?

Just said I doubt that we’d get him.

I played in a prison once and half the prison team had to go with 10 mins left for visiting time.   Could be a similar thing   Ten before the end braithwaite is needed in the office to sign a contract

This is the most bizarre comment I've ever seen on here!

It was fairly bizarre being there.   I could tell you a few tales ...

Shower room tales ????  Keep them between yourself and your therapist .  the rapist.

Fixed it

Gazette's post match writeup on the Pulis comments say Boro ideally want Saville, a dynamic pacey winger and LB cover if that means anything so despite all the random names/positions banded around maybe nothing's really changed in the Bryan target/Saville or Freeman spot who can cover LM as well/Winger VLP or Bolasie spot.

There's a bit of clarity there at least I'm guessing we're not worried about the LB spot because it's primarily cover but that dynamic winger spot presumably someone like VLP/Bolasie means someone who can play either wing that'll be the tricky one for them to pull off at a high level but they have a big budget for it clearly I mean the Bolasie finances were mind boggling you'd think we'd still be in the top end of the market for that winger.