• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As much as I would like to see us sign an out and out wide player I think we should trust Tony Pulis with this one. He knows what he's doing and what he wants. Still think we will sign one out and out wide player before the window shuts.

Transfermarkt has him playing RW far more than any other position.

Might be wrong but I thought he played wing a lot at lower levels when he was younger but changed to a more central role as he got older/in the prem.

Might be wrong but I thought he played wing a lot at lower levels when he was younger but changed to a more central role as he got older/in the prem.

A right footed Downing then

With Zaha and Bolasie playing out wide he moved inside if I remember rightly

and Pulis likes players who can play multiple positions, gives him flexibility on the pitch without having to use his subs

This is what I thought. Last 3 or 4 years I'd say he's almost exclusively played centrally

No offence intended, but with less than 72 hours of the window remaining I can't believe we're talking about Rich's Sunday league career.  :disappointed:

Nothing else going on :)

No offence intended, but with less than 72 hours of the window remaining I can't believe we're talking about Rich's Sunday league career.  :disappointed:

Nothing else going on :)

Nothing happens soon and I will regale you with tales of giant spindly killer fish and hammer head sharks ....who’s head......is the shape of a hammer

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/16604108.george-saville-set-to-join-middlesbrough-with-tony-pulis-expecting-a-busy-couple-of-days/

Echo saying Saville's close probably way ahead of Friday at 5pm because Millwall are close on his replacement also saying Pulis wants at least 1 winger in. Echo seems bullish that we tried on VLP but also that Rafa Silva is not a target so Nixon's got the past week half right I guess, if the Braithwaite departure happens that 1 winger who comes in has to be a very decent player whether it's Nkoudou or a PL level player to replace MB I don't see Pulis as the type to loan a youngster from a big club like we did with Harrison.

Interesting that there was no mention of Rafa Silva in that article, perhaps the echo are back tracking on their initial bullishness.

Also interesting to see that Braithwaite is by far our highest paid player...

That is very interesting... it does fit the pattern of offloading whatever the club can to improve finances. 

The quote from The Northern Echo:

"Spanish sides Girona and Leganes have expressed an interest in Martin Braithwaite, who is the highest-paid player on Boro’s books by a considerable margin"

I'm sure if he does go, we'll hear from the Tony 'PR'ulis:

"We only want players who want to be here'

when in all likelihood he's probably been told to find a new club, to get his wages off the books.

Another theory, are the Echo becoming the new club's PR spin agents? "Ooo look we're after Rafa Silva" then nothing.

Another theory, is Tony Pulis being incentivised financially to put the club in profit as part of his contractual remit?

Might be wrong but I thought he played wing a lot at lower levels when he was younger but changed to a more central role as he got older.

This is what I thought. Last 3 or 4 years I'd say he's almost exclusively played centrally

Are we still talking about Rich?

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/16604108.george-saville-set-to-join-middlesbrough-with-tony-pulis-expecting-a-busy-couple-of-days/

Echo saying Saville's close probably way ahead of Friday at 5pm because Millwall are close on his replacement also saying Pulis wants at least 1 winger in. Echo seems bullish that we tried on VLP but also that Rafa Silva is not a target so Nixon's got the past week half right I guess, if the Braithwaite departure happens that 1 winger who comes in has to be a very decent player whether it's Nkoudou or a PL level player to replace MB I don't see Pulis as the type to loan a youngster from a big club like we did with Harrison.

Interesting that there was no mention of Rafa Silva in that article, perhaps the echo are back tracking on their initial bullishness.

Also interesting to see that Braithwaite is by far our highest paid player...

That is very interesting... it does fit the pattern of offloading whatever the club can to improve finances. 

The quote from The Northern Echo:

"Spanish sides Girona and Leganes have expressed an interest in Martin Braithwaite, who is the highest-paid player on Boro’s books by a considerable margin"

I'm sure if he does go, we'll hear from the Tony 'PR'ulis:

"We only want players who want to be here'

when in all likelihood he's probably been told to find a new club, to get his wages off the books.

Another theory, are the Echo becoming the new club's PR spin agents? "Ooo look we're after Rafa Silva" then nothing.

Another theory, is Tony Pulis being incentivised financially to put the club in profit as part of his contractual remit?

To be fair, the Echo never said we were after Silva, they strongly denied it.

I would be fairly content with Puncheon and Saville if we keep Braithwaite. Granted I don’t know much about Saville but all reports on him points to a top championship player with versatility and if we are going to play with three midfielder we need quality cover. If we can move on Johnson and Leadbitter and find a good loan with development potential for Fletcher then all good. Perhaps a decent loan for some of the fringe youngsters like Chapman, Tav and some of the very young ones. Think Chapman would benefit a lot from a season or just 4-5 months under Mogga in the championship.