oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/16604108.george-saville-set-to-join-middlesbrough-with-tony-pulis-expecting-a-busy-couple-of-days/

Echo saying Saville's close probably way ahead of Friday at 5pm because Millwall are close on his replacement also saying Pulis wants at least 1 winger in. Echo seems bullish that we tried on VLP but also that Rafa Silva is not a target so Nixon's got the past week half right I guess, if the Braithwaite departure happens that 1 winger who comes in has to be a very decent player whether it's Nkoudou or a PL level player to replace MB I don't see Pulis as the type to loan a youngster from a big club like we did with Harrison.

Interesting that there was no mention of Rafa Silva in that article, perhaps the echo are back tracking on their initial bullishness.

Also interesting to see that Braithwaite is by far our highest paid player...

That is very interesting... it does fit the pattern of offloading whatever the club can to improve finances. 

The quote from The Northern Echo:

"Spanish sides Girona and Leganes have expressed an interest in Martin Braithwaite, who is the highest-paid player on Boro’s books by a considerable margin"

I'm sure if he does go, we'll hear from the Tony 'PR'ulis:

"We only want players who want to be here'

when in all likelihood he's probably been told to find a new club, to get his wages off the books.

Another theory, are the Echo becoming the new club's PR spin agents? "Ooo look we're after Rafa Silva" then nothing.

Another theory, is Tony Pulis being incentivised financially to put the club in profit as part of his contractual remit?

To be fair, the Echo never said we were after Silva, they strongly denied it.

I got that from you Will! :oops:

Interesting that there was no mention of Rafa Silva in that article, perhaps the echo are back tracking on their initial bullishness.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/16604108.george-saville-set-to-join-middlesbrough-with-tony-pulis-expecting-a-busy-couple-of-days/

Echo saying Saville's close probably way ahead of Friday at 5pm because Millwall are close on his replacement also saying Pulis wants at least 1 winger in. Echo seems bullish that we tried on VLP but also that Rafa Silva is not a target so Nixon's got the past week half right I guess, if the Braithwaite departure happens that 1 winger who comes in has to be a very decent player whether it's Nkoudou or a PL level player to replace MB I don't see Pulis as the type to loan a youngster from a big club like we did with Harrison.

That is very interesting... it does fit the pattern of offloading whatever the club can to improve finances. 

"Spanish sides Girona and Leganes have expressed an interest in Martin Braithwaite, who is the highest-paid player on Boro’s books by a considerable margin"

when in all likelihood he's probably been told to find a new club, to get his wages off the books.

Another theory, are the Echo becoming the new club's PR spin agents? "Ooo look we're after Rafa Silva" then nothing.

Another theory, is Tony Pulis being incentivised financially to put the club in profit as part of his contractual remit?

I got that from you Will!  :oops:

I was meaning their initial bullish denial of the link

I got that from you Will!  :oops:

I was meaning their initial bullish denial of the link

Ah, got it - MFC not in cahoots with the Echo then.

We'd have loved Puncheon a few seasons ago, but him and Downing now have a combined age of 66...

Not enthralled about the Puncheon link to me going in the wrong direction because he seems to be another Leadbitter type signing in that we would only get the occasional good game out of him.

I know positional wise it is not the same as Grant but as others have indicated perhaps teetering towards the wrong age.

Any update on the Wing situation, links rumours he must be off somewhere due to not being involved last night.

Have to say I will be sad to lose him for the rest of the season

I was wondering why Wing wasn't involved, maybe he's picked up a knock?

It's the winger situation that's intriguing me. The only player we've been linked with is Rafa Silva and that's seeming a bit tenous now, so whoever we're trying to sign, it's being kept well under wraps.

I watched the Swansea v Palace game yesterday and Puncheon was my man of the match ...

So give the guy a little credit.. He is PL class and he will destroy the Champioship!

In other news

Sørloth scored a great goal too in that match

I find it strange people are turning their nose up at Puncheon. He's premier league quality and has done well. He's worked with Pulis before and he's good?

He was PL quality, just like Downing was. He is no longer at that level and if he is our option for the wing or a replacement for Braithwaite we will be devoid of any pace!

I watched the Swansea v Palace game yesterday and Puncheon was my man of the match ...

So give the guy a little credit.. He is PL class and he will destroy the Champioship!

What position did he play?

I think the doubts are because we're worried that he's being signed as a winger, although I suppose he might be sharing RW duties with Downing.