oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Oh actually, according to Forest Green Rovers, that deal will be made permanent in January.

I suppose that makes sense. At 21 he isn’t close to the first team. I hope he makes a good career for himself.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh actually, according to Forest Green Rovers, that deal will be made permanent in January.

I suppose that makes sense. At 21 he isn’t close to the first team. I hope he makes a good career for himself.

Bit of a strange one in terms of the two contradictory articles, where we say it's a season-long loan and they say it's a loan until January before a permanent deal.

But I guess the lad didn't do enough to come close to Tony's expectations and I imagine his assessment will have been if the deal is right, that he should get himself out into the Football League and play football. And to be fair to the lad himself, he seems to be more than happy to go out and play professionally. Good on him.

Bit of a strange one in terms of the two contradictory articles, where we say it's a season-long loan and they say it's a loan until January before a permanent deal.

But I guess the lad didn't do enough to come close to Tony's expectations and I imagine his assessment will have been if the deal is right, that he should get himself out into the Football League and play football. And to be fair to the lad himself, he seems to be more than happy to go out and play professionally. Good on him.

Fair play to the lad seems keen to make a career for himself... like you say I hope he grows and becomes a bloody good footballer who has a half decent career in the game. Think we will see 5 or 6 from our academy go out like this myself.

I saw him v Hartlepool and Notts County. He seemed a little anxious in each game and uncomfortable trying to get forward. Defensively looked ok and will improve with games. Not sure of his contract situation here but if it is up next year he needs to get in the shop window.

Edit. Just read FGR website article. Seems like an excellent move for the lad and he is genuinely excited.

It’s strange that there is nothing solid coming out with under 48 house to go. It’ll either be a mad scramble on Friday with succes or disappointment.

I have to say, I'm bricking it.

McGinley's been around long enough at least he's found himself a semi decent level to go to. Junior Mondal who was Chapman's partner in crime is in the lower non league which is crazy to me. Sam Stubbs who we signed in the summer will take McGinley's place in the U23 line up we'll see if he ends up any better, McGinley's probably going to be able to craft a decent lower league career because of his versatility good luck to him.

If we could get Brahimi and Spence out to League 2 teams I think it'd be brilliant for their development I think Tav needs a 40 game season in League 1 to be honest and Chapman's either Mogga or nothing I'd rather Chapman have 15-20 appearances with us than 30 odd in league 1.

McGinley's been around long enough at least he's found himself a semi decent level to go to. Junior Mondal who was Chapman's partner in crime is in the lower non league which is crazy to me. Sam Stubbs who we signed in the summer will take McGinley's place in the U23 line up we'll see if he ends up any better, McGinley's probably going to be able to craft a decent lower league career because of his versatility good luck to him.

If we could get Brahimi and Spence out to League 2 teams I think it'd be brilliant for their development I think Tav needs a 40 game season in League 1 to be honest and Chapman's either Mogga or nothing I'd rather Chapman have 15-20 appearances with us than 30 odd in league 1.

I thought Chapmans contract was up at the end of this season. Is that not right?

Saville will probably be done soon I would have thought. Milleall want the Sheff Utd lad and Sheff Utd want Fletcher or Johnson / both. I cant see is getting a rapid winger now so Puncheon and a left back I suppose.

I'm pretty sure his contractual situation is in our hands either way he's on the first contract from 2015 and I think standard practice for clubs on 1st professional contracts is 4 years with a 5th year option it'll come down to whether Pulis sees a future for him after a potential loan. Our U18s will be an exciting watch this year we have the lad from Northern Ireland Balde and Walker them two together could click into something.

One let down in the past 12 months has been Amadou Sylla barely heard about him and he's a 21 year old RW almost exactly the position you'd think he'd be getting talked about if he was any good I'm surprised he's still here.

I'm pretty sure his contractual situation is in our hands either way he's on the first contract from 2015 and I think standard practice for clubs on 1st professional contracts is 4 years with a 5th year option it'll come down to whether Pulis sees a future for him after a potential loan. Our U18s will be an exciting watch this year we have the lad from Northern Ireland Balde and Walker them two together could click into something.

One let down in the past 12 months has been Amadou Sylla barely heard about him and he's a 21 year old RW almost exactly the position you'd think he'd be getting talked about if he was any good I'm surprised he's still here.

Forgot all about Sylla, the other youngster we signed at the same time (Jakob Sinor?) was released this summer

Forgot all about Sylla, the other youngster we signed at the same time (Jakob Sinor?) was released this summer

It's funny we gave Sinior a 2 year deal exercised our option to terminate after 1 he's now gone to a Serie A club and Sylla we signed on a 1 year deal and look like we took the option on him for another year!

I've lost track of the guys we sign we had the Irish lads the Scottish lads we have Kavanagh's son coming through he'll be around the U18's next year we have Sol Brynn and Stephen Pears son for GK the production line's pretty stacked at the moment.