oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

and I'm guessing, because we are nice old boro that we will be letting him go for less than market value, much less than we signed him For, and we are going to replace him with someone not as good but for the same price, if anyone at all.

On the plus side we have had a great start and the balance sheet looks incredible!! :P

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The bit of hope i'm holding out for following the comment that we're not getting the players he wanted is Rafa Silva.

He's been one that our scouts have looked at for a few years so hoping there's something in that.

Not convinced it's Puncheon coming in then if TP said the players that will come in aren't his targets.

What do you mean aren't his targets? Is that what he said. So we're going to sign players who the manager doesn't want?

He said unfortunately he's not going to get the players he wanted but is happy for added competition.

The bit of hope i'm holding out for following the comment that we're not getting the players he wanted is Rafa Silva.

He's been one that our scouts have looked at for a few years so hoping there's something in that.

This was the first thought in my mind, isn't an obvious TP player so hopefully he is one that is coming in.

Pulis just out here throwing bombs, Jesus.

We've gone from Ritchie one wing Bolasie the other at 15 million each and big wages to maybe Puncheon and I guess... Downing?

I'd let Braithwaite leave if a few conditions are met first because he's a bit of a *** always requesting to go all the time. Don't understand why he bothered signing in the first place and I don't believe his problem is because we changed from Monk to Pulis.

We get our money back. The £ is weak against the € so why should we be accepting less - they can pay what we paid for him initially. Also they can have him on loan but it has to be an obligation to buy in the summer at the latest.

I'm guessing that Saville, Puncheon and a backup LB just became Saville, Puncheon and a winger because Pulis just said we lack pace in wide areas once again yet neither of the 2 we're strongly linked with have pace in wide areas.

Such a depressing transfer window. At least we should have enough money to challenge at the top end of the Championship for a few seasons... we must have pulled in £50m and spent just over £10m.

Gotta say i, having actually watched the conference, dont think his comments were as downbeat as portrayed on here. He said a couple of deals were close

Losing Braithwaite would be a blow though.

On Braithwaite I guess it’s clear he has been playing for a move.... or is that cynical of me?

Cynical? Nah. But I think Braithwaite is being very professional about this. He's been playing well for us recently and he's not refusing to play or show poor attitude to force a move.

It's still disappointing, but fair play to both Braithwaite and Pulis for being honest about the situation. 

And shame about Braithwaite wanting to move on. I'm guessing he hasn't settled too well on a personal and/or family level. His wife is French, maybe she's not into parmos.