oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Sam McQueen first in.

that's the left side sorted.

A left wing back isn't he?

According to transfer market he can play left back, left wing and left midfield so covers a number of positions.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pulis making such a public statement, to me stinks of

" I'm quitting because the club hasn't backed me and it's not my fault its all gone pete tong"

If we hit bad form

To me it's about tampering expectations.

Some fans are talking about automatic promotion right now due to our good start but the simple fact is that our squad is not good enough for that, it's barely good enough for top 6 once injuries, suspensions and loss of form kicks in. 46 games is a very long time and I don't expect us to be anywhere near play offs by the end of it unless we have a ridiculously good january window.

Don't know how you can possibly say you don't expect us to be "anywhere near" the play offs. We've got a squad that most Championship managers would absolutely die for. Promotion from this league isn't about big name signings and players, it's about a strong unit that pulls together week in week out (Cardiff last year, Burnley, Brighton) and that's what we seem to be getting here.

We have a good first 11. But once we get a few injuries were in trouble in every position but cm. Window closes on Friday, what happens if shotton goes out and breaks a leg. Stick a centre mid out there? Same with friend? Lost a centre back and were looking at playing a 16 year old. Our only winger is hitting 35.

We squeezed into the play offs last season over 46 games with a better squad. Why would I expect us to be a lot better this year over 46 games? We've had a good start yes but who's to say it isn't a purple patch?

I've watched the press conference myself now and to be honest, he does seem pretty upbeat. The whole 'not getting the players he wants' has been blown a bit out of proportion as we've known that a lot for the past 3-4 weeks anyway. He still seems happy enough with the ones we're close to bringing in.

Why wouldn't he be upbeat?  We've had a good start to the season, we've been selling players he's been happy enough to see move on, that includes Braithwaite.  It's not like we've been losing players he's been desperate to keep.   He's in a good position because if things go sour he can place the blame on the summer ins and outs and if things go well he looks like he's done a great job in difficult circumstances, which simply isn't true.

Clearly we're not in difficult circumstances compared to others but I certainly don't think he should get that much sympathy on the lack of ins right now. As I've said, it seems to me that comes down at least in part to him and his transfer strategy and not just that players don't want to join us and that he's been hard-done by.

hey a signing yay!

We've already made four this summer.  How many do you want ya greedy sod?  :P

Five, or you forgetting that our promotion hopes all depend on Andy Lonergan?

hey a signing yay!

:oops: 

Well there you go then, we've already brought more than enough in.

And yes it was him I was forgetting  :blush:

hey a signing yay!

Woah! Lonergan is going to with us the FA Cup and the Carabao Cup