oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

What if Sam McQueen is the "pacy winger"? Folk who still think we will sign Rafa Silva or any other flamboyant winger for that matter I'm afraid are going to be left frustrated. They are not Tony Pulis type players.

Just like Adama Traore.  :tear:

He had no choice but to play him since he was the only out and out winger at the club.

:funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:

Twice in one day:

giphy.gif

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What if Sam McQueen is the "pacy winger"? Folk who still think we will sign Rafa Silva or any other flamboyant winger for that matter I'm afraid are going to be left frustrated. They are not Tony Pulis type players.

Just like Adama Traore.  :tear:

He had no choice but to play him since he was the only out and out winger at the club.

:funny:  :funny:  :funny:  :funny:  :funny:

Twice in one day:

giphy.gif

That is kinda true though in fairness to KM.

Is January the earliest we can make any of these loans permanent? Would we be able to sign Saville on loan now anand then make it permanent next week for example?

January for permanent signings. We can make Saville all but permanent now, but it won't be effected before january hence loan to buy now.

The implication is clear and is utterly ridiculous. Adama might have got in the team as the only winger. He stayed in there because he made us tick and subsequently was worth £18m of a Premier League club's money. I'm forced to ask if Adama Traore isn't a Pulis type winger, then who on Earth is?

Is January the earliest we can make any of these loans permanent? Would we be able to sign Saville on loan now anand then make it permanent next week for example?

January for permanent signings. We can make Saville all but permanent now, but it won't be effected before january hence loan to buy now.

Kind of like Lee Tomlin when we go him from Peterborough. Pretty sure we activated the buy clause in his loan deal soon after he joined but he wasn't officially a permanent member of the squad until the window re-opened.

The implication is clear and is utterly ridiculous. Adama might have got in the team as the only winger. He stayed in there because he made us tick and subsequently was worth £18m of a Premier League club's money. I'm forced to ask if Adama Traore isn't a Pulis type winger, then who on Earth is?

Bolasie?

Bolasie?

Stewart Downing.

Cheers, thought there might have been a way around the 5 loans per matchday squad but obviously not.

Crouch?

I think the club have stitched Braithwaite right up with this one.

He’s always given his best on the pitch and we’ve clearly had an agenda to move him on since January.

Saying ‘he wants to leave’ line was predicted and covers the club after selling our four best players in one summer.

With everything that’s going on, Pulis has got to be on some sort of kind of bonus structure for selling players whilst retaining a decent league position.

It’s Tony Mowbray 2.0, except this time the manager is on board with it and he’s a lot better at PR.

Either that or he actually does just want to leave?

He was house hunting last week, so he must be very upset at being forced out of the club this week. ;)

I realise I’m definitely in the minority on this one, but this is just my opinion based on the pattern of outgoing transfers this season and the PR spin that has accompanied each one.

The club are really pushing the ‘he wants to leave’ line, but we’ve been trying to get rid of him since things went sour with Monk in December/January and we started a clear (to me anyway) agenda of recovering costs.

It’s a two way thing, not as simple as the club and some fans are making out.

Can we not have this ‘pulis type player’ argument for the 20th time, has to be the most annoying phrase of the summer.

Nah mate, we have to go over old ground again and discuss why Pulis never wanted Traore and was absolutely and utterly elated when he left so he could sign Jordan Hugill to play there.

mcqueen can play either left or right fullback. covers us on both defensive flanks. well stocking in the middle. plenty in midfield, we have a gap of supporting attacking midfielders, if we get saville and puncheon in that would cover that. let braithwaite go recoup 8 mill, nice one.

an injury crisis of key flexible players would be a problem. but with 3-4 injuries spread about we'd be fine. dont think we /any chempo club is in a financial position to have a squad big enough to cope with a several first teamers out all at once. its just not worth it imo. karanka used to sign players on loan to just sit on the bench as cover. bit daft for me.

Crouch?

Spot on, mate. Shame we couldn't bring him in.