oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Sat in Manjaros shisha lounge and mahmutovic and brahimi sat next to me, dying to ask if they know any out goings, mahmutovic seems happy about his loan though keeps talking about how he can’t wait to be playing etc

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don’t understand why we would let Chapman go at the moment. We only have 3 wingers in our whole squad, if, as expected, Braithwaite and Johnson leave tomorrow. Downing, Tavernier and Chapman. I know it is looking likely that we will play with wing backs until January but surely we need to maintain the flexibility to play with wingers. Tav and Chapman offer us that flexibility so both have to stay at this stage, in my opinion.

If we let Gestede and Fletcher go I think it's because we'll meet West Brom's valuation for HRK, they wanted 6 million obligation or no deal so if those rumours start picking up tomorrow we know why because West Brom have let it be known to us apparently they will sell him but they will not loan him HRK is also 'keen on the move' and covers RW LW and ST lord help me.

I wouldn't mind hijacking sully KaiKai as a wide option myself loan to buy at a reasonable price play Puncheon off the right and him off the left he fits the pacey criteria the Gazette put out I'm not sure HRK fits that myself though.

Sat in Manjaros shisha lounge and mahmutovic and brahimi sat next to me, dying to ask if they know any out goings, mahmutovic seems happy about his loan though keeps talking about how he can’t wait to be playing etc

Do your oneBoro duty and grill those people

Contrived. !, sometimes you just can’t buy the ones you want   All these buys are auctions effectively but with the added bonus of the player still saying no if he doesn’t want to come.   Some seem to think it’s as easy as walking down to Tesco and buying a loaf of bread

Yes rich, contrived. I chose that word very carefully. The whole point of my post was that I don't think we were ever really in for some of theseason "targets", and therefore contrived is the perfect word.

Even if we weren’t in for these players. It isn’t the club that’s said we were in for them so who is actually contriving it

Lets just say i dont think the media outlets are making up these "targets".

You think someone at the club is being paid to sit around and think of players that we don't want that we can leak to the media and end up not getting? Really? Not sure how the club gains from this at all

Isn't it more likely the media are making assumptions to fill column inches or printing info given by agents who want to drum up interest in their players.

Occams razor for me every time.

I’m with Tudders on this one.

We were making derisory bids on deadline day for deals that had no hope of transpiring, to give the ‘appearance’ of ambition. The media didn’t make that up. Even Occam’s razor would agree with that.

We seem to be in the minority in that opinion though.

Still, McQueen is a good loan signing.and we’ll stuff dirty Leeds tomorrow.

I believe both very close with Gestede as well so might get some intel on his potential departure.

Yes rich, contrived. I chose that word very carefully. The whole point of my post was that I don't think we were ever really in for some of theseason "targets", and therefore contrived is the perfect word.

Even if we weren’t in for these players. It isn’t the club that’s said we were in for them so who is actually contriving it

You think someone at the club is being paid to sit around and think of players that we don't want that we can leak to the media and end up not getting? Really? Not sure how the club gains from this at all

Isn't it more likely the media are making assumptions to fill column inches or printing info given by agents who want to drum up interest in their players.

We were making derisory bids on deadline day for deals that had no hope of transpiring, to give the ‘appearance’ of ambition. The media didn’t make that up. Even Occam’s razor would agree with that.

Except for Saville, who looks like signing and Besic who has signed. You argument has so many holes it’s beginning to look like emmental...

Sheff United's ITKs are saying nearly double their money offer's come in tonight for Leonard of around 1.3 million that logjam might be about to get unjammed pretty quick tomorrow morning if that's true...

2 major developments potentially tonight Nixon saying Puncheon's agreed to join us all parties happy he's all set to sign and Sheff United have apparently received an acceptable offer for Saville's replacement.

Sheff United's ITKs are saying nearly double their money offer's come in tonight for Leonard of around 1.3 million that logjam might be about to get unjammed pretty quick tomorrow morning if that's true...

2 major developments potentially tonight Nixon saying Puncheon's agreed to join us all parties happy he's all set to sign and Sheff United have apparently received an acceptable offer for Saville's replacement.

Is that a reference to when Puncheon went for a s*** in the middle of a game?

Puncheon only has a year left on his contract I think, reckon we could get Palace to terminate the deal and sign on a free so we have another loan spot? If he's going to come on loan for that year anyway.

Not that Palace will be wanting to do Pulis any favours...

Except for Saville, who looks like signing and Besic who has signed. You argument has so many holes it’s beginning to look like emmental...

Emmental my dear Watson!

Saville is actually the player we made a derisory bid for... him and Wallace, arguable Millwall’s two best players for a combined fee of £6m on deadline day - it was a joke really. Millwall were never going to accept that, even if they wanted the money they had no chance of finding replacements. Same for our Freeman bid at QPR.

Besic and Saville are both joining on loans - unless I’m mistaken there’s only a transfer ‘option’ - we haven’t signed these players yet and I’m not sure if we are committed to (same for Hugill).

Would be interested in the details of these deals if anyone knows, because I think these are options only, not firm commitments.

Very happy to be proved wrong by the way! Just expressing my opinion on things based on the pattern of the clubs behaviour since January. I think we can expect sales out and loans in only. Pulis will most likely leave after the books are balanced and then we’ll put Woody in charge with a modest budget. We’re just gearing up for life in the Championship. Nothing wrong with that, but the club are trying to paint a different picture and that’s what I find odd.

I do wonder what role we are looking to utilise Puncheon in. Over the last 2 seasons he has played the high majority of his appearances as a central midfielder. I’m guessing he will be coming in to be Braithwaite’s replacement which is a big risk since it’s quite a while since he consistently played a role that far forward.

Only alternative could be that we want Saville as our forward thinking central midfielder but have lined Puncheon up as an alternative and want more of a forward type player as our final loan (i.e. Robson Kanu - hopefully we find an alternative).

I believe both very close with Gestede as well so might get some intel on his potential departure.

Didn’t really say much, but expect Gestede to be gone pretty much

Didn’t really say much, but expect Gestede to be gone pretty much

Surprised, but happy to stick with Fletcher at the minute. Although if we are trying for another striker it doesn’t seem like Pulis is.