oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Puncheon only has a year left on his contract I think, reckon we could get Palace to terminate the deal and sign on a free so we have another loan spot? If he's going to come on loan for that year anyway.

Not that Palace will be wanting to do Pulis any favours...

If they released him now then we wouldn't be able to sign him. You can only register players on a free transfer if they were available on a free transfer when the original transfer deadline passed.

It would only help if he was signed on loan now and then allowed to move for free in January so we can reduce the number of loans we have. Besides I'm not sure I really want to be taking him on permanently at his age.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Puncheon only has a year left on his contract I think, reckon we could get Palace to terminate the deal and sign on a free so we have another loan spot? If he's going to come on loan for that year anyway.

If they released him now then we wouldn't be able to sign him. You can only register players on a free transfer if they were available on a free transfer when the original transfer deadline passed.

It would only help if he was signed on loan now and then allowed to move for free in January so we can reduce the number of loans we have. Besides I'm not sure I really want to be taking him on permanently at his age.

I think that was covered earlier in the window, that we can sign players on a free that was released before the deadline (today) by their parent club. But I agree I'm not entirely sure it would be wise to offer Puncheon a 3 year contract at 32 years old.

I think that was covered earlier in the window, that we can sign players on a free that was released before the deadline (today) by their parent club. But I agree I'm not entirely sure it would be wise to offer Puncheon a 3 year contract at 32 years old.

Yeh when we checked earlier in the window this was the case. As long as they are released before the deadline tonight then they can sign on a free for us, but not a premier league team.

I can't see us going to January with just Britt and Hugill. I imagine it would be Fletcher or Gestede, assuming Braithwaite goes.

Nah we'll be fine. You're forgetting Ayala can also play up front. :D

And Flinty! He actually did get pushed up top a couple of times last season by Bristol City, when they were chasing games.

I can't see us going to January with just Britt and Hugill. I imagine it would be Fletcher or Gestede, assuming Braithwaite goes.

And Flinty! He actually did get pushed up top a couple of times last season by Bristol City, when they were chasing games.

Pretty sure the competition for goals between Flint and Ayala this season will be like Gimli and Legolas from Lord of the Rings. Both on 1 at the moment.

Pretty sure the competition for goals between Flint and Ayala this season will be like Gimli and Legolas from Lord of the Rings. Both on 1 at the moment.

Don't think Gimli and Legolas was much of a competition, I thought they both ended on zero goals at the end of the trilogy? I can't imagine the ref let them take a bow and axe onto the pitch after they popped the first few balls.

Don't think Gimli and Legolas was much of a competition, I thought they both ended on zero goals at the end of the trilogy? I can't imagine the ref let them take a bow and axe onto the pitch after they popped the first few balls.

Gimli scored a hat trick at home at helms deep against F.C. Sauron

Gimli scored a hat trick at home at helms deep against F.C. Sauron

Yeah but can he do it on a cold Wednesday night in the Shire. Giggles.

Lets just say i dont think the media outlets are making up these "targets".

You think someone at the club is being paid to sit around and think of players that we don't want that we can leak to the media and end up not getting? Really? Not sure how the club gains from this at all

Isn't it more likely the media are making assumptions to fill column inches or printing info given by agents who want to drum up interest in their players.

Occams razor for me every time.

We were making derisory bids on deadline day for deals that had no hope of transpiring, to give the ‘appearance’ of ambition. The media didn’t make that up. Even Occam’s razor would agree with that.

Except for Saville, who looks like signing and Besic who has signed. You argument has so many holes it’s beginning to look like emmental...

Emmental my dear Watson!

Saville is actually the player we made a derisory bid for... him and Wallace, arguable Millwall’s two best players for a combined fee of £6m on deadline day - it was a joke really. Millwall were never going to accept that, even if they wanted the money they had no chance of finding replacements. Same for our Freeman bid at QPR.

Besic and Saville are both joining on loans - unless I’m mistaken there’s only a transfer ‘option’ - we haven’t signed these players yet and I’m not sure if we are committed to (same for Hugill).

Would be interested in the details of these deals if anyone knows, because I think these are options only, not firm commitments.

Very happy to be proved wrong by the way! Just expressing my opinion on things based on the pattern of the clubs behaviour since January. I think we can expect sales out and loans in only. Pulis will most likely leave after the books are balanced and then we’ll put Woody in charge with a modest budget. We’re just gearing up for life in the Championship. Nothing wrong with that, but the club are trying to paint a different picture and that’s what I find odd.

But we totally chased Bolasie, and he was going to be very costly (in wages at the very least). How is that "just gearing up for the Championship".

The club will be fully committed to getting back in to the PL. It's a no brainer... they're just trying to do it in a financially prudent way (IMO).

Can't believe we are at the final day of the transfer window and our great "hopes" are George Saville and Jason fecking Puncheon. Depressing.

Is this a 5pm deadline or does it go later?