oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

I was very happy we sold Adomah when we got promoted the year we went up he was decent but still clumsy too clumsy I thought for the Prem little did I know we'd sell him on deadline day not really strengthen the wings because we put our feet up with Fischer and Adama crowing about the 'projects' but anyway always said Adomah's a solid Championship player who would return to a far better strikeforce and midfield around him but he alone is not enough to replace Adama Traore and Braithwaite we'd need Puncheon as well to consider it a good move in my opinion. Still think he's clumsy and doesn't score enough goals but there's not many wingers in the Championship that do score enough goals no doubt in my mind he'd do better in the current squad and setup than when he left which is in the moves favour only if Puncheon comes as well.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Villa fans on that Twitter really don't want Adomah to leave, I hope he does and we get him.

And Villa get relegated.

And their stadium falls down.....

and their beer turns stale

Just watched pullis interview after West Brom game and it is interesting that he alluded to once again the money spent last year and that the 50mill brought in from sales has managed to claw back the spending from last year.

The players we sold last season were all clawing back the money from the Prem season to be fair.

And the extra £100m in revenue went...?

It makes it sound like we were trying to claw back money but that can't be the case because we didn't want to sell the players we've sold.  Not even a little bit, Pulis said so.

Last season we essentially broke even on transfers.  There was no money to claw back so either a certain amount of spin is being put on the situation or we haven't exactly been told the truth about what's going on at the club.

What I was trying to get at is that without knowing the ins and outs of the clubs accounts, we can never really be sure how much money's available and in what state our finances are in. We do know that Gibson has the clubs best interests at heart though even if it doesn't seem like it at times...

is a completely diff midfielder to Clayton.

Has more end product than McNair, Besic and Howson combined last year.

Shouldn't we have tried to sign him first then instead of signing two of those players who have less end product than him?   :upside_down:

What I was trying to get at is that without knowing the ins and outs of the clubs accounts, we can never really be sure how much money's available and in what state our finances are in. We do know that Gibson has the clubs best interests at heart though even if it doesn't seem like it at times...

I see but do you think that's what Pulis was getting at as you put it?

Villa fans on that Twitter really don't want Adomah to leave, I hope he does and we get him.

And Villa get relegated.

And their stadium falls down.....

and their beer turns stale

And Steve Bruce gets cancer.

Too far?

Yes.

It wasn't him moving on that caused people to go on about him. It was his pretty pathetic performance at Sunderland when he came on as a sub a couple of weeks before that. I know that's been contested on here but it certainly seemed to be the case that he'd completely lost all desire to play for Karanka again and couldn't get beyond that. When he wasn't at West Brom the week after, that said it all.

But at the end of the day, I think most understood that was a rift between him and the manager. It wasn't his ability that was in question. It was quite public the way those 2 disliked working with each other, so much so that we had that half-hearted hug from Adomah just after he came back into the frame the first time. Certainly in this division, given there are literally no other options, taking him on for another year seems a pretty logical thing to do. It's hardly like he's just had an awful season at Villa, he might have dropped off at the turn of the year but he just had his most productive season to date in terms of goals and assists combined.

Actually people had been on his case long before that game when we were still in the Championship even.  As I say all of the time, people see what they want to see.   They were happy to see him go and he got called all sorts but now some people are desperate and they'd love to see him back.  It's the same player and person just a couple of years older.

I seem to recall a lot of people saw Adomah as a figure of controversy who kept causing bother for Karanka, similar to Downing. Again, that's related to the manager and his relationship with him. He always had his critics, half our bloody team did and some of them are still here. Ayala getting *** for his injury, Clayton and Leadbitter for being too negative and keeping their lord and saviour Adam Forshaw out of the team, Stuani being a useless winger despite spending the first half of our season bagging goals from out there... correct me if I'm wrong but I'm not sure Adomah was a figure who stood out a***st everyone as a target for criticism, certainly not for anything that stood very clearly apart from his relationship with our then manager.

Just watched pullis interview after West Brom game and it is interesting that he alluded to once again the money spent last year and that the 50mill brought in from sales has managed to claw back the spending from last year.

The players we sold last season were all clawing back the money from the Prem season to be fair.

And the extra £100m in revenue went...?

It makes it sound like we were trying to claw back money but that can't be the case because we didn't want to sell the players we've sold.  Not even a little bit, Pulis said so.

Last season we essentially broke even on transfers.  There was no money to claw back so either a certain amount of spin is being put on the situation or we haven't exactly been told the truth about what's going on at the club.

Saw a report not long ago where it said that our one season in the Prem cost 86 million. That's probably where most of the 100 million went.