oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Batth indicates that we will definitely be playing with three central defenders and he will be first backup to Flint, Fry and Ayala.

What's to say he won't go straight into the team? He's not going to be leaving the Wolves bench to come and sit on ours. You have to remeber it's a 46 game season so everyone will get the fair share of games.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Batth indicates that we will definitely be playing with three central defenders and he will be first backup to Flint, Fry and Ayala.

What's to say he won't go straight into the team? He's not going to be leaving the Wolves bench to come and sit on ours. You have to remeber it's a 46 game season so everyone will get the fair share of games.

Maybe. We could be trying for both him, Puncheon and Adomah on the same time. Either we continue with mainly three at the back or we give ourselves the option of 4-3-3 depending on which players we get.

Realistically we won't get 7 loans so we're probably getting Saville, Adomah and Batth I'm assuming Puncheon goes Villa and everyone's happy not sure how I feel about Adomah and Downing pencilled in the first team with the other options just being non existent it's... yeah I don't know how I feel about it.

Didn't Pulis say we were covered for defenders other than needing a left back?

Certainly did. Said we don't need anyone at centre-back. The only reason I can assume that would have changed is that either we're letting someone go or that was based on us not continuing to play 3/5 at the back.

I remember him mentioning that we needed someone to replace Gibson?

Certainly did. Said we don't need anyone at centre-back. The only reason I can assume that would have changed is that either we're letting someone go or that was based on us not continuing to play 3/5 at the back.

Another cb certainly points in the direction of sticking with the 3 at the back formation which is pullis changing his mind now that he hasn’t got players he wanted. Good actually that he can do that and go in a direction he might initially not have been comfortable with for the good of the team rather than being stubborn on a formation that wouldn’t work with our players.

I remember him mentioning that we needed someone to replace Gibson?

Believe he followed that by saying Shotton can cover in there so he'd prefer a full-back. But we haven't signed anyone to play right-wing back either, unless he fancies Adomah there...