oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

I've heard that we've enquired about Solly March

Sounds a bit too ambitious. Played 36 games in the Prem last season for Brighton and was linked with a 10 million move to Burnley in January.

Not sure tbh, a lot of Brighton fans have questioned whether he's prem quality so maybe more realistic than you think. Brighton are prioritising wingers and they have that Colombian? Fella who plays on the left.

You could be right there. Just checked the minutes and he averages about 51 minutes so not many full games. Doesn’t score or assist many though but I don’t know much about his play. Still only 23 so must have some potential. Is he a bit like and Adam Reach winger?

Only seen him half a dozen times myself mate so not sure. Definitely has a bit more than Reach going forward though and for a young player his record in the championship wasn't horrendous.

I'm on the fence with him but he is a proper left winger which at least fills a hole we've had in the team since Reach really.

I only know this due to having a friend who has close links with Brighton and all he's told me is that there has been contact regarding Solly March, weather it's been dismissed by Brighton or not I don't know but thought I'd share what I've been told

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Solly March would be great for us. Works hard has a trick. Start of last season he had just come back from a yr out so struggled to get game time . I know some of his family..if I see them I’ll ask

Just one midfielder, one winger and no AM. Hope one of the defenders is a right back. The need for another striker is quite baffling unless we offload one and I really can’t see a reason for doing so. I’m all set for a transfer window where we again don’t fill out the right blanks.

This apparent need for an AM is built from the idea that we will be playing an AM. He hasn't so far so I don't see why he would bring one in.

Howson played AM, just didn't do it very well.

Under Pulis? When? I don't remember him playing as a #10 under Pulis. He played as 1 man in a 3 but definitely not an AM.

Just one midfielder, one winger and no AM. Hope one of the defenders is a right back. The need for another striker is quite baffling unless we offload one and I really can’t see a reason for doing so. I’m all set for a transfer window where we again don’t fill out the right blanks.

This apparent need for an AM is built from the idea that we will be playing an AM. He hasn't so far so I don't see why he would bring one in.

Howson played AM, just didn't do it very well.

Under Pulis? When? I don't remember him playing as a #10 under Pulis. He played as 1 man in a 3 but definitely not an AM.

I got the impression that Howson was expected to be the 'Frank Lampard' in the system. As Linojo says he just didn't do it very well, or maybe it's just not his game.

Howson just didn't have enough impact on games for me, add that to downing not having much impact on a game that's half our attack not really doing much. Then you've got poor forward play from the full backs and it's no wonder we were crap attacking.

Howson just didn't have enough impact on games for me, add that to downing not having much impact on a game that's half our attack not really doing much. Then you've got poor forward play from the full backs and it's no wonder we were crap attacking.

Again, were we?

After Pulis came in only 3 teams scored more than we did. Yes, we weren't the most creative side, and the playoffs were a shocker from an offensive point of view, but before that we'd gone 14 games without failing to score, and had 27 goals in those 14. That's the same as Fulham, and more than Cardiff & Wolves.

Again, were we?

After Pulis came in only 3 teams scored more than we did. Yes, we weren't the most creative side, and the playoffs were a shocker from an offensive point of view, but before that we'd gone 14 games without failing to score, and had 27 goals in those 14. That's the same as Fulham, and more than Cardiff & Wolves.

Yes we were, how many of them goals were down to Traore individualism? Also (and I know what people will reply to this) but how many were from set pieces?

We can pretend we are fine going forward if we want but I watched us look devoid of Ideas and tootless to many times to think were anywhere near good enough going forward. 1 shot on target against 9 men Wolves? 3 or 4 shots on target over 2 legs in the most important games of the season? A massive 8 goal seasonal haul from our 3 cms.

Just not good enough for anything higher than a lower play off position.

Again, were we?

Yes we were, how many of them goals were down to Traore individualism? Also (and I know what people will reply to this) but how many were from set pieces?

We can pretend we are fine going forward if we want but I watched us look devoid of Ideas and tootless to many times to think were anywhere near good enough going forward. 1 shot on target against 9 men Wolves? 3 or 4 shots on target over 2 legs in the most important games of the season? A massive 8 goal seasonal haul from our 3 cms.

Yeah I agree with that.

Again, were we?

Yeah, a few good points there, fair enough. As I've said before, I'm no Pulis fan, so I'm not here to fight his corner, I just think that some people are wanting to throw the baby out with the bathwater when it comes to the rebuild of this team. Someone like Howson, for example, gets a lot of stick, but the work he does turning defence into attack goes largely unnoticed (although he was crap in the playoffs) 

But with the Traore thing, he was one of the attacking players. So you have to count his input if you're talking about us going forward. 

Wolves might not have got promoted if they didn't have Jota. But they did, and they did.

Fulham might not have got promoted if they didn't have Mitrovic. But they did, and they did.

We did have Adama, and we used him. When he was out of form or marked out of the game, there is no doubt that we struggled. And that's where we need to improve, without question. If he goes this summer, Pulis might change things around to account for that. But if he stays, and we score 90 goals, and 50 of them are down to 'Traore individualism', and 25 from set pieces, I honestly wouldn't care less.

Oh, and the Mirror have reported that we've rejected an £8m bid for Bamford from Nottingham Forest, who are also interested in Clayton.

Oh, and the Mirror have reported that we've rejected an £8m bid for Bamford from Nottingham Forest, who are also interested in Clayton.

I really, really hope we don't sell Bamford. He's one of the best strikers in the league. I would be gutted if we sold him to a team who could potentially be one of our rivals next season. I might be reading into it too much but the fact that it's an "opening offer" suggests that this won't be the end of this one. It could rumble on all summer and depend on Pulis bringing on his targets.

Potentially selling Adama and Pat in the same window is not going to go down well.

imagine selling gibson, bamford and adama in the same window. thats the 3 favorite players of the fans gone. wow gibbo would be mad to let that happen. knowing how dodgy the transfer market is would could waste the money coming in on another 3 turds like braithwaite britt and fletcher. season over before it starts.