• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think until Clayton starts scoring 10+ goals a season some fans will never rate him, I feel the same about Randolph ;)

Why do people always bring it back to goals? It's obvious a player in his position won't get many, but at the same time if he's playing as one of 2 midfielders he needs to offer a lot more than just running about and breaking up play.

He needs to be a focal point for our defenders, turn the play and transition quicker to the forwards. He seems to control the ball first and THEN get his head up and decide where to pass it.

imo Clayton is average in lots of areas rather than excellent in a few, that's fine if you like the running about but we will only ever get so far with Clayton as our DM.

Nixon said 8million was for one leg, suggesting we're asking for double.

Wouldn’t surprise me. Britt cost £15m and Bamford is as proven as Britt in this league.

I know it is all about opinions but I would not shed a single tear if Clayton moved on, with regards to the comment about Boro wanting big money for Bamford then clearly he is available and that they are not concerned if he featured next season

That is the complete opposite of how I read that. We're a Championship team, and don't have unlimited funds, so obviously every player has his price.

But if we're putting big price tags on players, it's because we're warning teams to back off those players, unless they can cough up daft amounts.

It looks like we've put Bamford in that bracket, along with Adama and Gibson.

Again told Gibson fee is 20mil agreed with 2 clubs. Everton and Southampton. Sounds like boro want cold hard cash rather than players involved.

I think until Clayton starts scoring 10+ goals a season some fans will never rate him, I feel the same about Randolph ;)

Why do people always bring it back to goals? It's obvious a player in his position won't get many, but at the same time if he's playing as one of 2 midfielders he needs to offer a lot more than just running about and breaking up play.

He needs to be a focal point for our defenders, turn the play and transition quicker to the forwards. He seems to control the ball first and THEN get his head up and decide where to pass it.

imo Clayton is average in lots of areas rather than excellent in a few, that's fine if you like the running about but we will only ever get so far with Clayton as our DM.

Well we got promoted with him doing a specific job a few years ago and don't start telling me his legs are gone because he's still the same player as he was then.

In a 433 he can sit in front of the back four and allow the other two freedom to get forward which I think will be his role under Pulis.

I brought up his goals because that's a regular criticism used against him on here. Unfortunately I think the job he does goes gets missed by a lot of people.

I mean, the 2 best seasons I'd say he had for us were the play-off final and promotion seasons. Playing as one of 2 midfielders, breaking up play. It's not his job to create and never has been here. He keeps us in control of games when we're in front. In this division, we don't need him to do any more than that and blaming him in any way in what does or doesn't happen at the top end of the pitch is harsh.

I mean, the 2 best seasons I'd say he had for us were the play-off final and promotion seasons. Playing as one of 2 midfielders, breaking up play. It's not his job to create and never has been here. He keeps us in control of games when we're in front. In this division, we don't need him to do any more than that and blaming him in any way in what does or doesn't happen at the top end of the pitch is harsh.

Just don't agree with any of that it is the job of the DM to get the ball from the back to forward players as quickly and accurately as possible to start attacks, the truth is he breaks our own play up just as much as he does the oppositions.

If we counter, whoever we have in space will only be in that space for a short few seconds, those seconds are often ate up by claytons poor touch or not turning with the ball or playing a poor pass because he can't play at speed.

Thinking the DM is only there to tackle and play a short pass to another player is an incredibly dated thing.

Think Karanka is trying to turn forest into Boro... Bamford, Clayton, Tomlin and now linked with Stuani. Links with George and Leadbitter my next guess

If they sign all those players they'll finish above us.

How many points did the useless Karanka get 2 years ago with the useless Clayton and the donkey Stuani?

89 points wasn't it?

Don't be daft. They clearly can't produce in this division.