oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

@SkySports_Keith

Paddy McNair has agreed personal terms with Middlesbrough and will undergo a medical on Teesside tomorrow. Sunderland will make a little over £5m from the transfer.

Sounds like we called Sunderlands bluff.

Beat me to it. Well played, Bauser, if that's the case.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I guess Gibson has done what he did with Rhodes? Walk away, let them worry, cut a reduced deal. Nice work.

I don't think we did cut a reduced deal for Rhodes.  We paid them what they wanted as far as I'm aware?

I think he means when we sold Rhodes. I'm pretty sure Wednesday initially offered something nowhere near what we had paid.

So I guess Gibson has done what he did with Rhodes? Walk away, let them worry, cut a reduced deal. Nice work.

I don't think we did cut a reduced deal for Rhodes.  We paid them what they wanted as far as I'm aware?

I think he means when we sold Rhodes. I'm pretty sure Wednesday initially offered something nowhere near what we had paid.

We cut a reduced deal for someone we sold did we?  :)

He meant when we bought him.

@SkySports_Keith

Paddy McNair has agreed personal terms with Middlesbrough and will undergo a medical on Teesside tomorrow. Sunderland will make a little over £5m from the transfer.

We haven't really called their bluff as we've given them what we'd agreed to anyway.  They were simply using us to try and jack up the price but as we seem to be the only club who values him at this amount anyway it was always doomed to fail.  All it means now is the next time we 'walk away' from a deal then everyone knows we haven't actually walked away at all.  Pretty much what Sunderland knew all along I suspect.

Wasn’t us walking away more to do with his agents demands? Wouldn’t surprise me if this was a similar situation

@SkySports_Keith

We haven't really called their bluff as we've given them what we'd agreed to anyway.  They were simply using us to try and jack up the price but as we seem to be the only club who values him at this amount anyway it was always doomed to fail.  All it means now is the next time we 'walk away' from a deal then everyone knows we haven't actually walked away at all.  Pretty much what Sunderland knew all along I suspect.

Didn't Stoke match our bid?

Wasn’t us walking away more to do with his agents demands? Wouldn’t surprise me if this was a similar situation

That's what I'm thinking, more to do with the player/agent than Sunderland and the fee.

Oh yeah, that makes more sense.

I just hope he's fully committed to the cause, my friend who went to school with him has said he was pretty humble...

Wouldn't hold it against him if he was holding out for a move to the Premier League, but it could have easily been Sunderland holding up the transfer.

Oh yeah, that makes more sense.

Aye, someone received less from us for sure.

@SkySports_Keith

Didn't Stoke match our bid?

I don't know, did they?  Other than the Mackems saying that they had, I'm not sure we heard much from anywhere else? As they were busy shopping him around I suppose it depends whether you take their word for it or not?  In either case, matching our offer after we've 'withdrawn' ours isn't going to jack the price up.