oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Besic has to be top of our list.

He was too good for this league and really added another dimension to our team. One of our better loan signings in recent years. The impact he had on our team was Ramirez-esque.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sounds like Everton are looking to offload Schneiderlin, that could impact the availability of Besic? I know they're after other midfield targets either way and we may not even be in the running even more now that we've signed McNair... would be a shame because he's a very good midfielder at this level!

Didn't they sign Schneiderlin for something like 20 million just a few season ago and from United so I wouldn't be surprised if he was on something like 80-100 k a week. They are also trying to offload Bolasie which got me thinking that he'd be perfect for the left sided position. But then reality kicked in and I saw how much they paid for him and that he'd probably have plenty of suitors from top leagues.

What's that got to do with us signing Besic?

Nothing. Just me being stupid. Completely missed the part about Besic. But yes, if Besic isn't on the list of players Silva wants rid of, then maybe he wants to keep him as backup instead of more expensive players like Schneiderlin.

He was too good for this league and really added another dimension to our team.  One of our better loan signings in recent years.  The impact he had on our team was Ramirez-esque.

Now that is taking it too far in my opinion. He was good yes but I don't think he was too good for this league.

He was too good for this league and really added another dimension to our team.  One of our better loan signings in recent years.  The impact he had on our team was Ramirez-esque.

Now that is taking it too far in my opinion. He was good yes but I don't think he was too good for this league.

Been the best cm I've seen here for a long long time

He was excellent, but Borodane is right. Ramirez was probably the difference between promotion and missing out. Besic did really well, but his impact wasn't on the same level as Gaston

Besic could never have made that difference playing as a box to box midfielder. However he did make a huge difference to our awful midfield and from that point of view he did have a similar impact to Ramirez in that area.

Been the best cm I've seen here for a long long time

He was one of our better players last year but didn't have anywhere near the impact of Ramirez. Ramirez almost single handed won us games and took his value from zero to around 15million. People are saying we should spend no more than 5mill on besic. I like the guy but it's like comparing bamford to ravanelli imo.

Watching him play, it looked like he was always one step ahead of opponents, a sure sign that he is a level above the Championship. If we can get him we should go all out, looking at the money we've wasted on a few other players, £8m wouldn't be the end of the world...

Watching him play, it looked like he was always one step ahead of opponents, a sure sign that he is a level above the Championship. If we can get him we should go all out, looking at the money we've wasted on a few other players, £8m wouldn't be the end of the world...

Did he though? Looking back on some of the ratings in the ratings thread, that didn't seem to be the case. Particularly keen on pointing out to those that have put so much into the performances against Villa when criticising Pulis, Howson, etc... Besic was one of the most ineffective players we had on the pitch across both legs.

I think he had some great games, for sure. I would like to see him back and see how he played for a full season with us. But he was never always one step ahead of opponents. In terms of the Ramirez comment, his loan spell had much more of an impact on our team and what we could achieve than Besic in last season's team, whichever way it is put.

I think it is hard to make a direct comparison for the different positions on the pitch. But I think he totally changed that area of our team, just like how Ramirez did for our attacking midfield a few years ago. Our upturn in form co-insided with Besic being in our team, although it wasn't him alone that turned it around, he was a big part of it.

This is exactly how I feel about it. If McNair is £5m then we should go in around the £8m mark and hopefully get him in.

I just don't see any reason why Everton should make a large profit on a player. He joined them 4 years ago for 4 million pounds and hasn't really pulled up any trees while he has even had injury problems thoughout to the point where he had to be loaned out to a Championship team. 37 games in the Prem in 4 years and 56 in total for Everton! I'd say a fee between 5-6 million is reasonable.

I just don't see any reason why Everton should make a large profit on a player. He joined them 4 years ago for 4 million pounds and hasn't really pulled up any trees while he has even had injury problems thoughout to the point where he had to be loaned out to a Championship team. 37 games in the Prem in 4 years and 56 in total for Everton! I'd say a fee between 5-6 million is reasonable.

It seemed to work with them for Fuenes Mori, don't know how they doubled their money on him though to be honest... For some reason I can see Besic moving back to the Bundesliga this window

Apparently Villarreal have paid 20 million euros for Funes Mori. If that is the case I don't think we were ever seriously in the running. Maybe it was just a story to help move along another transfer.

Edit: just checked on Transfermarkt and they have it as an 8 million euro fee meaning Everton lost about 5 million euros on him. Looks like its only that hideous tribalfootball site reporting the huge fee. 8 million euros sounds about right though and would explain why we bid 5 million pounds.