oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

I wonder if we will consider a change in formation to playing 3 at the back. If Flint comes in, Ayala seems a certainty but Fry has had a great summer and at an age where you would think he will want to be playing more regularly. All assuming Gibson is going. It seems a good deal for us as I'm sure last summer they were talking 10+million for him and he and Bristol have had a pretty decent season you would have expected the value to be around the same possibly higher.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They say he's captain in all but the arm band, good to have strong characters coming in if we're losing Leadbitter and Gibson.

Not a fan of giving a new signing the armband straight away, thought it was a bit disrespectful giving Terry the captaincy for Villa over any of the players already at the club.

I wonder if we will consider a change in formation to playing 3 at the back. If Flint comes in, Ayala seems a certainty but Fry has had a great summer and at an age where you would think he will want to be playing more regularly. All assuming Gibson is going. It seems a good deal for us as I'm sure last summer they were talking 10+million for him and he and Bristol have had a pretty decent season you would have expected the value to be around the same possibly higher.

I wondered about the 3 at the back for a bit. But then I thought about how we let Christie go. If we do change to that, I will start to look back at that deal much less positively.

Now a new LB and a LW please.

Told we’re looking to get Snodgrass on the cheap for LM/LW

Would be perfect for this side for set piece deliveries.

Randolph

Shotton ayala flint friend

Besic Clayton mcnair

Adama gestede snodgrass

Get your money on that being our starting line-up on the first game of the season. Not exciting in the slightest, horrible football, but effective is what I'm expecting

Now a new LB and a LW please.

Told we’re looking to get Snodgrass on the cheap for LM/LW

What a quality signing that would be. Seems Cardiff are very keen on it and he wants to play in the Prem so I think we'll have a tough time bringing him in.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/west-ham-cardiff-robert-snodgrass-14820784

Will what's the deal with Gibson's move to Southampton.

Waiting on his replacement presumably, if Flint goes through I’d expect the Gibson transfer to be finished by the end of next week at the latestz

Hearing there’s been no contact for Gibson at all to date.

They say he's captain in all but the arm band, good to have strong characters coming in if we're losing Leadbitter and Gibson.

Not a fan of giving a new signing the armband straight away, thought it was a bit disrespectful giving Terry the captaincy for Villa over any of the players already at the club.

I’m with you not liking new signings being captain. But it’d be stupid signing the Chelsea and England captain and not giving him the arm band

Waiting on his replacement presumably, if Flint goes through I’d expect the Gibson transfer to be finished by the end of next week at the latestz

Really? I sincerely doubt that, at best maybe not a significant offer but no contact at all is very difficult to believe. Not even tentative enquiries?

What Will has been saying I've seen said at the Southampton end too, from 2 or 3 people.

My info is from the Southampton end as I said last week, multiple different people have said the same as well, both on here and Southampton forums. Possibly being kept quiet at our end to get Flint through the door at an uninflated price.

Can you imagine a set piece routine with McNair, flint, Ayala and gestede on the pitch - Pulis' dream... And to be honest not something I'd want to be up against

weare going to be a nightmare from corners and indirect free kicks this season. if we keep our free kick machine adama. we be banging them in every game from set plays. foritieri link makes sense now, he loves a dive, would increase our freekicks each game. ::D