oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Can you imagine a set piece routine with McNair, flint, Ayala and gestede on the pitch - Pulis' dream... And to be honest not something I'd want to be up against

weare going to be a nightmare from corners and indirect free kicks this season. if we keep our free kick machine adama. we be banging them in every game from set plays. foritieri link makes sense now, he loves a dive, would increase our freekicks each game. ::D

So does Snodgrass, he goes down more often than ..............

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Surely the transfer thread should be renamed to 'In like Flint?' and then 'Our Man Flint' once we've signed him.

How does that date me, Billy? :)

I was often compared to Errol Flynn in my younger days,

I would say that reference puts you in your late seventies, CT, not as old as I thought. ;)

Will what's the deal with Gibson's move to Southampton.

Waiting on his replacement presumably, if Flint goes through I’d expect the Gibson transfer to be finished by the end of next week at the latestz

Hearing there’s been no contact for Gibson at all to date.

My info is from the Southampton end as I said last week, multiple different people have said the same as well, both on here and Southampton forums. Possibly being kept quiet at our end to get Flint through the door at an uninflated price.

Could well be kept quiet. I’ve not heard that Southampton info from anywhere else but here. I agree that with Flint in your be surprised if there’s nothing already lined up. This source called the Flint info a few hours before it happened so inclined trust them.

Id be gutted if we got Snodgrass specially to play out of position on the left, would just be confirmation of us setting up as a set piece team. Uninspiring signing.

Id be gutted if we got Snodgrass specially to play out of position on the left, would just be confirmation of us setting up as a set piece team. Uninspiring signing.

So you're happy with us signing McNair and Flint but you wouldn't be happy to sign someone who could put the ball on their noggin? Goodness me. It's not like the only thing Snodgrass can do is set pieces either, he's a decent all-round attacker. He even proved he could do it at a level above in a poor Hull City team just a couple of years ago.

I get the hatred of his antics or concerns about his wage/transfer fee but in terms of the player himself, he's clearly effective at what he does. Joint top assister with Barry Douglas last season, setting up 14 and scoring 7 goals too.