oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

Snodgrass and Adama on the wings would be the perfect balance. We almost had it last season but whilst Downing played well for the majority of games he simply didn't contribute enough goals or assists to the team. 2 g 7 a, compared to Snodgrass 7 g 14 a.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

McNair interview for Boro website he describes himself as a number 8 box to box midfielder... might have to fight clayts for that number.

Gibson can’t be that close because he’s off to Austria tomorrow by the sounds of it. Thought we weren’t letting Gibson go until we got someone in? surely that isn’t the case if Flint has reportedly had a medical

Snodgrass and Adama on the wings would be the perfect balance. We almost had it last season but whilst Downing played well for the majority of games he simply didn't contribute enough goals or assists to the team. 2 g 7 a, compared to Snodgrass 7 g 14 a.

100% agree with this. Baffles me that anyone could not want Snodgrass, exactly the type of player that we need and his record speaks for itself. Think he’d be an excellent addition.

Can you imagine a set piece routine with McNair, flint, Ayala and gestede on the pitch - Pulis' dream... And to be honest not something I'd want to be up against

weare going to be a nightmare from corners and indirect free kicks this season. if we keep our free kick machine adama. we be banging them in every game from set plays. foritieri link makes sense now, he loves a dive, would increase our freekicks each game. ::D

So does Snodgrass, he goes down more often than ..............

yes another great option, he also delivers a quality set piece. pulis would love him ha ha

Id be gutted if we got Snodgrass specially to play out of position on the left, would just be confirmation of us setting up as a set piece team. Uninspiring signing.

So you're happy with us signing McNair and Flint but you wouldn't be happy to sign someone who could put the ball on their noggin? Goodness me. It's not like the only thing Snodgrass can do is set pieces either, he's a decent all-round attacker. He even proved he could do it at a level above in a poor Hull City team just a couple of years ago.

I get the hatred of his antics or concerns about his wage/transfer fee but in terms of the player himself, he's clearly effective at what he does. Joint top assister with Barry Douglas last season, setting up 14 and scoring 7 goals too.

ayala got plenty from set pieces last season which indicates our delivery is fine.

What we did struggle with was attacking in open play and I dont think Snodgrass adds enough in that area, hit the post in the first half of the play offs and was anonymous from then until full time in the 2nd leg.

We need forwards who are more direct than he offers, the likes Forrestieri, dack, jota or Ollie Watkins are what Im looking for

Id be gutted if we got Snodgrass specially to play out of position on the left, would just be confirmation of us setting up as a set piece team. Uninspiring signing.

So you're happy with us signing McNair and Flint but you wouldn't be happy to sign someone who could put the ball on their noggin? Goodness me. It's not like the only thing Snodgrass can do is set pieces either, he's a decent all-round attacker. He even proved he could do it at a level above in a poor Hull City team just a couple of years ago.

I get the hatred of his antics or concerns about his wage/transfer fee but in terms of the player himself, he's clearly effective at what he does. Joint top assister with Barry Douglas last season, setting up 14 and scoring 7 goals too.

ayala got plenty from set pieces last season which indicates our delivery is fine.

What we did struggle with was attacking in open play and I dont think Snodgrass adds enough in that area, hit the post in the first half of the play offs and was anonymous from then until full time in the 2nd leg.

We need forwards who are more direct than he offers, the likes Forrestieri, dack, jota or Ollie Watkins are what Im looking for

Class, you're judging his entire season on the play-off games. Can't say I'm surprised. You'd rather we brought in a player who just spent a season in League One or someone else who has had a poor season in this division who also played most of his best football previously on the right wing which you've stated you don't want. What exactly makes you think Jota of all players would be a better fit than Snodgrass?

Class, you're judging his entire season on the play-off games. Can't say I'm surprised. You'd rather we brought in a player who just spent a season in League One or someone else who has had a poor season in this division who also played most of his best football previously on the right wing which you've stated you don't want. What exactly makes you think Jota of all players would be a better fit than Snodgrass?

Jota dictates play, everything Brentford did went through him, thats what we need in our attack as weve got nobody who offers it and he did play central in his first spell at BRentford. As I said in a post the other day I think he could work well with Traore who comes centrally just as much as he stays wide, give Adama a more free role and let Jota drop into the space he leaves.

Were missing Ramirez, a player who was involved in anything and everything we did going forward, not someone who spends large periods on the edge of games like Snodgrass.

From the interview McNair gave saying he's a box to box player I assume Pulis will be using him either as the more adventurous midfielder in a 2 or more likely in a 3 with Clayton being the anchor. Those will probably be the assurances he was given before he signed.

According to transfermarkt, Jota played centrally 6 times in 3 years at Brentford.

hmm fair enough, I was reading the brentford forum when we were linked in summer and their fans seemed to think he played centrally in his first spell.

Further to a conversation a page or so back, Friend should've been replaced years ago.

Bamford should be more than Britt. Britt had a cruciate injury whereas Bamford hasn't had an injury.

If Forest want him, they should be looking at 15m at least. We don't need to sell, and Forest are thirsty to have him back.

However, the problem is that if we sell him, who are we going to get to come in as a replacement?

A striker who is guaranteed goals in the Championship?

When you play to his strengths and he's fit, Assombalonga guarantee's you 20 goals a season.

I mean, more than you'd think doesn't mean much to me. He may have joined us in the Prem but he didn't sign for us as an established Prem player.

I got told it was circa £50k - i don't know for certain that's what he is on now, but that's how much he signed for.

There is no chance in the world Bamford is on £50k a week. No chance.

For the record, i wouldn't let Bamford go. We'd be strengthening a rival and losing a guy we know scores goals at this level when his confidence is up.

When would you have replaced Friend? For me, he was one of our best players during his 12/13 debut season, so I wouldn’t have got rid in 2013 summer. Again, in the 13/14 season, he was one of our best. The 14/15 and 15/16 seasons saw him become the best leftback in the championship. I’m tempted to say that’s indisputable but it’s obviously not so I’m interested to hear who could’ve pipped him to that title. Clearly there’s no imperative to replace one of the best players in the division so up to this point I don’t see any reason to have replaced Friend.

Maybe there’s an argument for replacing him in Summer 2016, but even then I feel that could only be said with hindsight. He’s going into that season as one of if not the best leftback in the championship, that would suggest he had as good of a chance as any to make the step up. Plus, we had much more pressing issues than leftback so I don’t see why we should’ve looked to replace him then. Yes, he struggled in the Prem but I think that was largely down to injury and felt he was adapting well prior. So surely you can only say he should’ve been replaced in summer 2016 with hindsight, which is fair enough but I don’t think that’s something to be pinned on the recruitment team (Not that you did but LinoJo implied it was a failure of our recruitment). Last summer, yes by all means a new leftback would’ve been a wise decision but you said he should’ve been replaced ‘years’ ago so I’m guessing you think he should’ve been replaced before then.

When we were relegated.

So... so not years ago...

Further to a conversation a page or so back, Friend should've been replaced years ago.

Bamford should be more than Britt. Britt had a cruciate injury whereas Bamford hasn't had an injury.

If Forest want him, they should be looking at 15m at least. We don't need to sell, and Forest are thirsty to have him back.

However, the problem is that if we sell him, who are we going to get to come in as a replacement?

A striker who is guaranteed goals in the Championship?

When you play to his strengths and he's fit, Assombalonga guarantee's you 20 goals a season.

I got told it was circa £50k - i don't know for certain that's what he is on now, but that's how much he signed for.

There is no chance in the world Bamford is on £50k a week. No chance.

For the record, i wouldn't let Bamford go. We'd be strengthening a rival and losing a guy we know scores goals at this level when his confidence is up.

When would you have replaced Friend? For me, he was one of our best players during his 12/13 debut season, so I wouldn’t have got rid in 2013 summer. Again, in the 13/14 season, he was one of our best. The 14/15 and 15/16 seasons saw him become the best leftback in the championship. I’m tempted to say that’s indisputable but it’s obviously not so I’m interested to hear who could’ve pipped him to that title. Clearly there’s no imperative to replace one of the best players in the division so up to this point I don’t see any reason to have replaced Friend.

Maybe there’s an argument for replacing him in Summer 2016, but even then I feel that could only be said with hindsight. He’s going into that season as one of if not the best leftback in the championship, that would suggest he had as good of a chance as any to make the step up. Plus, we had much more pressing issues than leftback so I don’t see why we should’ve looked to replace him then. Yes, he struggled in the Prem but I think that was largely down to injury and felt he was adapting well prior. So surely you can only say he should’ve been replaced in summer 2016 with hindsight, which is fair enough but I don’t think that’s something to be pinned on the recruitment team (Not that you did but LinoJo implied it was a failure of our recruitment). Last summer, yes by all means a new leftback would’ve been a wise decision but you said he should’ve been replaced ‘years’ ago so I’m guessing you think he should’ve been replaced before then.

When we were relegated.

So... so not years ago...

only better left back in champo, while we've had him is probably daniels from muff. he might look clumsy and slow at times, but anyone who knows a player can see past that. he constantly does the right things going forward and when defending. sign of a good player, he does fail to implement what hes trying to do more often now. but hes still a very good solid player in the champo. he certainly does not need replacing. when you look at the squad as a whole its a position i dont even worry about. just my opinion.