oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

I'm expecting he's going to try to do a Warnock next season and seeing as Warnock was one of my hopefuls instead of Monk then I have to be cool with it.

So we will see unknown / unfashionable players who will fit and I assume with his coaching he thinks they will improve to premiership level if we go up.

I'm good with that also.

Therefore as I have zero scouting knowledge I guess it's "in Pulis we trust" because I was bad enough at guessing who our other managers might recruit so I'm truly stumped this window.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

maybe a completely different thread but wete gibson to go ,as seems increasingly likeky and add to that Leadbitter being weened out of the first team picture ..Who would seem most likely to take over the captaincy .

Howson or Randolph.

Being from the same home town as Randolph I would love to see him as captain of the Boro. But do goalkeepers make good captains? I'm not too sure

Jose Luis Chilavert...

In this day and age only the captain can talk to the referee. If it's at the other end of the pitch it's not practical for the keeper to get involved. Just my opinion

Doesn't stop Cassillas, Neuer or Lloris.

Fair enough. Point taken. I'm all for my fellow Bray man being captain of the Boro. That would put him on the same level as Katie Taylor for me

James Collins being released by West Ham. I imagine he will probably go back to Cardiff, but I'd have him here without a doubt.

James Collins being released by West Ham. I imagine he will probably go back to Cardiff, but I'd have him here without a doubt.

He'd have fit the bill in the Prem for sure... reckons there'll be 2/3 Prem teams in for him.

Do we think any business will be done before the world cup starts? Or will we wait till after, I doubt a lot of our targets will be involved either way. I assume most internationals like Besic will be waiting till after the world cup.

Transfer window closes on the 8th of August, world up ends 4 weeks before That, I hope were not waiting till after the world cup!

Anyone who performs well at a world cup tends to have a hugely inflated price tag, probably ruling us out. Any deals need to be done prior to it starting. If none are done I wouldn't expect us to sign anyone that plays there (or at least anyone who seems good)

Transfer window closes on the 8th of August, world up ends 4 weeks before That, I hope were not waiting till after the world cup!

Anyone who performs well at a world cup tends to have a hugely inflated price tag, probably ruling us out. Any deals need to be done prior to it starting. If none are done I wouldn't expect us to sign anyone that plays there (or at least anyone who seems good)

As someone previously stated, I don’t think that Pulis will make too many changes, 2 midfielders a full back and a forward sounds about right to me.

@billywoofs

Pulis might not want to make big changes, but with Adama and Gibbo likely leaving he might not have a choice..

Yep that’s a distinct possibility. What is the situation with De Sart, I wonder? Would he and could he do a job for us?

Middlesbrough FC

Verified account

@Boro

2m2 minutes ago

More

The club is delighted to announce the appointment of Adrian Bevington as #Boro's new Head of Recruitment Operations

Good to see that there's recognition that we were in desperate need of a shake up in the recruitment department. As for Adrian Bevington, I don't know if he's experienced in recruitment, but held a position with the FA for a number of years, and is a Boro fan.