oneBoro Forum
northern boro

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

I'm really pleased about the Flint signing. I've wanted us to sign him for ages. I hope he turns out to be as good as I thought he was.

James McLean is exactly the sort of good quality, natural left winger that would add a huge amount to our squad. However, his personality seemingly leaves a lot left to be desired and he had a huge falling out with Pulis and his backroom team at West Brom so I think there's no chance we'll sign him.

The plan under Pulis seems to be to not have overlapping fullbacks so that requires our wingers to be pacey and able to create and score chances on their own so requires a high level of pace, dribbling ability and end product.

Our team is screaming out for a left winger so I hope that's the position that Pulis turns his attention to next.

Everytime McLean has played against us I get really worried when he comes on but then he never does anything.

Assuming that Gibson will be sold, I think the starters that Pulis will be building around will be: Randolph; Shotton, Ayala, Flint, Friend; Traore, Howson, McNair, CM, LW; ST.

I don't think Clayton, Leadbitter, Downing or any of our four of strikers are the ideal fit for Pulis so I think he'll be exploring other options there and will therefore open to moving some of them players on to raise funds and create space within the squad.

James McLean is exactly the sort of good quality, natural left winger that would add a huge amount to our squad. However, his personality seemingly leaves a lot left to be desired and he had a huge falling out with Pulis and his backroom team at West Brom so I think there's no chance we'll sign him.

The plan under Pulis seems to be to not have overlapping fullbacks so that requires our wingers to be pacey and able to create and score chances on their own so requires a high level of pace, dribbling ability and end product.

Our team is screaming out for a left winger so I hope that's the position that Pulis turns his attention to next.

“James McClean” and “good quality” in the same sentence just doesn’t fit. Amazing how he has got so many premier league appearances. At a push I’d have him on the bench as he can cover both wings. But then again I’d rather have Tav on the bench.

Would anyone fancy Gibbo as a left back?

No, massive waste of Gibson playing him there plus he isn't good enough on the ball.

Wouldn't make sense financially either to play a 20m defender out of position.

Not at all.

People have some massively overestimated opinions of McClean on here.

He got 0, yes 0, assists last season and 1 goal.

The season before he got 3 assists....

Please tell me where his good quality is?

Only if u played a back 3 and he was the left of them ..

Gibson gives me nerves, when he has the ball and tries something... He is a good defender, but definitely not a ball player...

I'd take McClean on a free, I wouldn't pay the £4m that Stoke have offered, let alone the £6m that WBA have him valued at.

McLean offers a lot of running and not a lot of goals and assists. Exact opposite of what we need on the left... we need someone who can match Traore's output.

3 man centre midfield of Mcnair, Clayton and Howson would he ideal.

Clayton sitting as cover

Whilst Mcnair and Howson attack as box to box midfielders? I thought that would be pretty good..

I think he'd be okay there in a Pulis formation, but I also think it would be a bit of a waste playing the best CB at the club out of position.

3 man centre midfield of Mcnair, Clayton and Howson would he ideal.

Clayton sitting as cover

Whilst Mcnair and Howson attack as box to box midfielders? I thought that would be pretty good..

Howson needs to be a lot more involved in games if hes going to be our midfield attacking outlet, just doesnt seem to have impact on games sometimes.