• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seems an odd choice for that role. He comes from a journalistic background and most of his CV in football is in a public facing PR type role.

Seems an odd choice for that role. He comes from a journalistic background and most of his CV in football is in a public facing PR type role.

So he knows how to sell the club to potential targets. I don’t think his role is that of a scout but more of a negotiator and breaking down doors.

So he knows how to sell the club to potential targets. I don’t think his role is that of a scout but more of a negotiator and breaking down doors.

He's going to coordinate the day to day running of the recruitment department according to the article on the website.

What exactly does a "head of recruitment operations" do? Sounds like he'll be above the head of scouting is it more about coordinating people than actual scouting of players

The players we identify and eventually sign are pivotal to the club's success, I think this area of the club is even more important than the actual manager himself.

Hopefully this is the start of putting together a recruitment set up which can be more successful than recent years. I don't expect him to be identifying players himself but maybe Bevington can find the right people who can.

It probably means that he is in charge of all recruitment, not just playing staff but general club staff as well. A bit like a director of HR in any other organisation.

I don't think so Billy, I think it's purely player (and possibly first team staff) recruitment

First Team players released at end of contracts:

Martin Cranie

Tomas Mejias

Under-23s not offered new contracts:

Tom Brewitt

Matthew Elsdon

Liam Hegarty

Jakub Sinior

Robbie Tinkler

Academy Scholars not offered new professional contracts:

Liam Cooke

Kieran Storey

Jay Wilson

https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/martin-cranie-and-tomas-mejias-to-depart-boro

I thought there was some sort of 1 million obligation to buy clause in Barragan's loan deal? Tony Pulis won't want him anyway... can't take throw ins.

It probably means that he is in charge of all recruitment, not just playing staff but general club staff as well. A bit like a director of HR in any other organisation.

I don't think so Billy, I think it's purely player (and possibly first team staff) recruitment

Do you think? The article published this morning was very brief, I can’t see him being involved in identifying players and surely. Bauser is the man responsible for doing the deals.

If you were to sell Traore now, how much would you want for him?

I've just seen a tweet saying £40m...plus £5m for a Spain appearance, £2.5m after 50 appearances and 15% sell on clause....