oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Window 2018.

I think a lot of us now expect Gibson to go, the only way id be 'happy' so to speak if he did is if we get 20m for him, get mings for around 7-8m, dack for around 5-7m and have a decent amount remaining for a left winger

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd be surprised if Gibson stayed here, I'd be absolutely amazed if he'd stayed to play as a full back.

You'd have to question his sanity to turn down a premier league move for playing out of position in the championship.

Pretty much exactly what I was going to say.

Not saying I want it to happen, but Gibson played as a left back in his younger years didn't he?

yeah definitely made at least 10 appearances for us there alongside the likes of st ledger and mcmanus

Not saying I want it to happen, but Gibson played as a left back in his younger years didn't he?

yeah definitely made at least 10 appearances for us there alongside the likes of st ledger and mcmanus

the glory days

He has to have an offer to be able to turn it down...

Well if no one wants him then he will stay but as our best centre back I'd expect him to play as centre back and not out of position, unless we're gonna play 3 in there.

If Gibson is happy to play LB it isn't ideal but at least we keep him at the club, which i think is important. Clear leader of the group and understands about what the club is etc.

I guess it's one less position we need to recruit for too.

Again, we know that Pulis plays 4 CBs across the back. He put Woodgate at RB at Stoke, who was arguably one of the most gifted English CBs of his generation.

I think a lot of us now expect Gibson to go, the only way id be 'happy' so to speak if he did is if we get 20m for him, get mings for around 7-8m, dack for around 5-7m and have a decent amount remaining for a left winger

Mings has hardly played for two years. Massive sicknote. I’d take a punt on loan with a buy clause if he proves his fitness.

the glory days

He also played leftback under Karanka in the 15/16 season, can’t remember which game though. Was gonna suggest Everton in the cup but that’s when Amorebieta played there and got absolutely violated by Deulofeu... Anyway, holding on to Gibson only to play him at leftback seems daft, radgy, and exactly the kind of thing our boy Pulis would do.

Edit: Just had a search for which game he played leftback in but according to transfermarkt he never did. Have I dreamt this? I swear this happened, he looked horribly out of his depth and was inept going forward, maybe he moved there in place of an injured friend? Am I going insane?

I mean he would be exactly what we need, but £15m for a player who's almost 29... seems very strange as well, wasn't he one of the mainstays for Newcastle last season? Would he want to drop down a division whilst playing regular football? Statement of intent from us if it does happen!